blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:41:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530751 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2015, 05:03:39 PM »

It should be noted too that Sicilian is almost 50.

Incredible work for someone that age.

Lol tosser...For clarification I'm 47 in January

know any good herbalife reps?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2015, 10:20:22 PM »

Yeah that is insane, really inspirational.

Silican post moooore
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2015, 10:21:27 PM »

Still incredible,

Still post more
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »

know any good herbalife reps?

A few Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2015, 10:40:28 PM »

That is sick sick stuff mate, sounds like you work out horrendously hard. Would love to hear how you progress if you fancy posting in the thread from time to time.

Cheers... will do....  having a touch of trouble moving past the 14.5 stone mark but PT said prob body fat converting hope so but still want to lean up..

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2015, 10:50:50 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/listening-to-eminem-can-improve-athletic-performance-by-10-a6714991.html

i find certain rap ( eminem included ) music best to work out to...

currently 'Beast ' from the Southpaw movie soundtrack sees me through a power & strength circuit

Sounds interesting. What are you up to at the moment?

my workout? or music? Smiley

Both! Smiley

Music.. 2 or 3 of the southpaw OST as mentioned...quite a few eminem... roy jones junior is another..DMX is another fave... lol have a little angry stuff..couple slipknot and linking park that seem to bring out some extra

Workout wise ..tbh ..i havent read that much what you guys are doing ..i may be training different as im losing weight..stripping down and cutting up as im pretty big ( in a muscular sense ) already..as well as i had put on a lot of timber Smiley...so big weight is out for me.. ive lost about 2 stone so far and have a PT which has made a world of difference as was doing the same old routines for years... ..doing a lot of multi setting with power and strength circuits core work etc..plus a lot of interval cardio.. had a slight tear in my left calf muscle about 4 weeks ago which makes running out of the question.. re aggravated it a touch the other day as well as i tested it on a couple runs .. is a pain as I was doing a lot of uphill interval sprints..which were abs hell but soooo good for what im trying to achieve..

So an example of a power/strength circuit... clean and press 40kg bar X 12.. 26 kg dumbell bent over kneeling row 10x each side..40kg bar lunges x12.... 12 x squats with 2 x 16kg kettle bells ...stepups holding 2 x 12kg kettles 10 each leg...12 x dumbell press with 2x 26kg... these are all continuous one after another and although the weight isnt big it is brutal... this is repeated 4 times..

i squat 100kg fairly comfortably for full sets and bench 100kg fairly comfortably.. i don't really try for max weight so not sure of what i could actually do.... leg pressed 275kg the other day which i did feel..PT thinks 300kg no probs ..not even sure thats a lot but it seemed visually a lot.. i should squat and leg press well as got very powerful thighs Smiley

So I started weighing 16'10..now 14'8 looking for between 13'2 and 13'6.. PT reckons heavier than 13'6 would be fine as it should be muscle rather than bodyfat... and bodyshape should be what im looking for..but we will see

Love to get the angry music out when I'm training circuits and HIIT stuff. Slipknot is confirmed on my angry playlist. When I'm shooting for 1 rep max stuff tho I tend to veer towards classical and chillout. No idea why, but it seems to help me focus my energy better. Meh.

Love that circuit btw. You're still talking huge numbers for sure. 300kg leg press is massive assuming we're talking the same 10-12 reps. Total volume of 3.5 metric tonnes per set, right? Not to be sniffed at, especially at your bodyweight.

Would be very interesting to see before and after photos of a 17st muscular dude dropping 3.5 stone. I imagine you're going to look crazy shredded.

Yup I always count full sets between 10-12... im only short 5'6 so im ideally built for squatting ..PT is introducing pyramid set that go 14-12-10-8 for certain push & pull movements.. lol maybe post a couple pics.. will get plenty of stick from certain mates on blonde if i do

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2015, 08:43:02 PM »

Tale of the tape update.......

5th Aug: Chest - 43", Waist - 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 15.75"

12th Aug: Chest - 44.25", Waist - 35.25", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 15.50"

19th Aug: Chest - 45", Waist 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 16"

9th September: Chest - 44.75", Waist - 35", Leg - 24", Bicep - 16.25"

18th October: Chest - 44.5", Waist - 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 16"

28th October: Chest - 44.75", Waist - 35", Leg 24.25", Bicep - 16.5"

8th November: Chest - 45", Waist - 34.75",Leg - 23.75", Bicep - 16.25

Mid November target....... Chest - 45", Waist - 34", Leg - 24.5", Bicep - 16.5"

No major surprises with the stats today. Everything remaining stable which I'm absolutely fine with as long as the waist stays trim.

One more week to my holiday so I'll be taking it really steady so as to not risk any injuries before the long flight. With a bit of luck I'll cope with both flights and be straight back in to it on my return but we shall see.

Not sure where I'm going with training when I get back but I'll probably be looking for  new target probably involving chin ups. 4 x 10 seems a good place to aim for....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »

About to start my 5th session today.

I have noticed improvements in my gut fat disappearing somewhat but slowly. It's like I still look podgy but my my muscular shape is improving.

I'm wanting too much too quickly in my head and I'm annoyed it will be a long process. Mainly because when I was obese and knew something clicked in my head that I would lose all the weight but it was going to take time I was frustrated I couldn't have all the results straight away. And I see myself following the same frustration.

If I dealt with the weightloss more professionally I would have done all this work at the same time so it would have merged wonderfully, but I just wanted to take things easy. And tbh it is so much easier working out with my current body frame than any other while I was losing weight.

So basically this post was just saying that I have ridden some mental frustration about how much of a long process this will be but I'm readied.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 09, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »

Report on me. Was 22st 6lbs in late 2013 at 6'4, now I generally alternate between 16st-15st.

First off, this is a huge huge huge accomplishment. I don't know how easy or difficult you found the whole process, but you've basically lost 1lb per week for 2 years straight and that shows an insane amount of dedication and commitment. Not sure if you were being intentionally modest about this, but seriously well done.

Reading through your post, you've said you want to get more powerful, you want to put on size, and you wouldn't mind losing some more bodyfat. I won't lie to you, it's going to be tough to do all three at the same time, but certainly not impossible. I was just talking to Harvey (iRaise) this morning about the routine I was doing over summer and I basically accomplished all three. My routine structure looked a little something like this.

[strength movement] 5x3
[strength movement] 4x5
[compound movement] 3x10
[compound movement] 3x10
[accessory movement] 8x8
[accessory movement] 3x15
[abs/calves circuit] 10 mins
[cardio] 10 mins

I trained 6 times a week, and did back/chest/legs/shoulders/arms/legs although my second leg session wouldn't follow this structure it would just be whatever I could get done with whatever I had left in the tank. My calories started at maintenance and I added 75kcals per week, so by week 8 I was eating at a 600kcal excess (although obviously I got bigger and leaner throughout the program so that number wouldn't actually be 600, closer to 450 or something), plus I would spent my rest day basically eating everything I could see haha

Bit of a tangent, but hopefully that gives you an idea of the amount of work I needed to put in as a 6'1" dude weighing in at 15.7st. Also feel free to copy that structure if you ever feel unhappy with your current routine, which is really what Icame here to talk about.

What you're doing seems like an insane amount of volume. The absoliute upper limit of workout sets I would put in someone's routine is between 30-35. I would consider the routine I posted above to be high volume. At a rough count, your routine is asking for no fewer than 60 (SIXTY) working sets. When I took a glance at first I thought that's probably 2 sessions' worth of work there, and it pretty much is exactly. If you split it right down the middle you get 2 workouts with 30 working sets each, which is big but doable seeing as there is some isolation and abdominal stuff in there. Consider taking all the "pulling" movements (ie stuff that uses your back and biceps) and putting that into one workout, and do the same with all your "pushing" movements. Then you can throw the abs work in on both days if you really want.

btw, does that meet-in-the-middle bicep curl for chest and shoulders look like this?

Says plugin not supported for the vid I think you linked will have a look on the pc later.

Cheers for insight into your routine. I will alter mine after today to look similar. Probably have been feeling a little too drained hours after my routine unsurprisingly, but I'm feeling pretty enthusiastic about it all which is why I have gone off like a madman.

With the talk of calories I'm taking your advice on board but initially I am just going to listen to my body and eat accordingly, got a voracious appetite generally. If there are any problems after a month or two with the approach I might start counting calories. But honestly I would hate to and hopefully I won't need to.

I think you know already I'm whole foods plant based. So generally a lowish protein intake, but from what I have read great results can still be got. I know most people are going to disagree but I suppose let me have a little look see and report back. Generally feeling mad energetic and I'm optimistic.

So yup looking forward to this.

I like the layout you have going there evilpie. Good for noting progress. Will get around to taking my measurements too.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 09, 2015, 02:53:30 PM »

Tale of the tape update.......

5th Aug: Chest - 43", Waist - 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 15.75"

12th Aug: Chest - 44.25", Waist - 35.25", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 15.50"

19th Aug: Chest - 45", Waist 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 16"

9th September: Chest - 44.75", Waist - 35", Leg - 24", Bicep - 16.25"

18th October: Chest - 44.5", Waist - 35", Leg - 23.5", Bicep - 16"

28th October: Chest - 44.75", Waist - 35", Leg 24.25", Bicep - 16.5"

8th November: Chest - 45", Waist - 34.75",Leg - 23.75", Bicep - 16.25

Mid November target....... Chest - 45", Waist - 34", Leg - 24.5", Bicep - 16.5"

No major surprises with the stats today. Everything remaining stable which I'm absolutely fine with as long as the waist stays trim.

One more week to my holiday so I'll be taking it really steady so as to not risk any injuries before the long flight. With a bit of luck I'll cope with both flights and be straight back in to it on my return but we shall see.

Not sure where I'm going with training when I get back but I'll probably be looking for  new target probably involving chin ups. 4 x 10 seems a good place to aim for....

leg measurement.. around the meat of the thigh?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »

leg measurement.. around the meat of the thigh?

Yeah. Basically the widest part.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »

74kg. On course for 77kg by the end of the year and hopefully beyond that if i continue to train and eat well. Took my first 5g of creatine yesterday and will be whacking that in my postwork out shakes from now on, thanks for the advice Sean.

Played indoor cricket last Tuesday and unfortunately greatly exacerbated a knee issue that's been plaguing me for a while now. Took it to the GP who diagnosed ligament damage prescribing me some gel and anti inflammatory tablets. Really would like it healed asap as i haven't visited the squat rack in ages now because of it.

Also purely mentioning for progress purposes not a brag: one girl recently commented on my arms and another (evidently more forward girl) complimented my glutes Cheesy Blonde will get you laid perhaps? Ha ha.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »

Up to 99kg, if I peak at 100kg by end of Nov will be really pleased, definitely a different physique to the 99kg this time last year. Officially not as strong, but that is just because I have laid of strength work, very confident I could surpass those levels within a week if I could/tried. However, very happy doing the volume work, just started the 4x17 week and it's manageable. Not sure how 4x20 will go, but have three weeks to figure that out.

Really enjoying training at the minute, hitting between 4k-5k kcals a day and its not too tough. Not a day I don't look forward to so that's a nice place to be.

Definitely want the 4x10 pull ups Matt is talking about, but that might have to wait til NY.

Going to taper food down from Dec. and hoping to peak around 85-87kg, but that could be very optimistic and health dependant.

How is everyone else getting on?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 15, 2015, 04:32:04 PM »

Can't remember where I saw it in here, or in the other thread but the talk of protein levels game up. Assuming it is in here.

Been reading a lot on this recently (just coincidence), from my reading people have been making strength and size gains from as little as 1g/1kg body mass and in one of those studies the participants were 70 plus and only training 3 times a week. I am not sure about their previous training history.

So I think for people who naturally eat slightly lower for whatever reason you may be fine.

What a lot of talk is on is about optimal/maximal results. So people may make good progress at lower protein levels but it will only be a % of total progress available. But I guess it is all individual preference, fi you don't wanna hammer down food every X hours and your happy who cares.

Also been reading into tracking vs ad libitum. For anyone training less that 3-5 years, tracking seems to be by far the best way of doing it, as people just don't get the right amount of kcals or don't understand portion control. So if you are struggling with progress/energy levels/strength/size it is always good to go back to some tracking to see where you are at.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »

Can't remember where I saw it in here, or in the other thread but the talk of protein levels game up. Assuming it is in here.

Been reading a lot on this recently (just coincidence), from my reading people have been making strength and size gains from as little as 1g/1kg body mass and in one of those studies the participants were 70 plus and only training 3 times a week. I am not sure about their previous training history.

So I think for people who naturally eat slightly lower for whatever reason you may be fine.

What a lot of talk is on is about optimal/maximal results. So people may make good progress at lower protein levels but it will only be a % of total progress available. But I guess it is all individual preference, fi you don't wanna hammer down food every X hours and your happy who cares.

Also been reading into tracking vs ad libitum. For anyone training less that 3-5 years, tracking seems to be by far the best way of doing it, as people just don't get the right amount of kcals or don't understand portion control. So if you are struggling with progress/energy levels/strength/size it is always good to go back to some tracking to see where you are at.

Ta for the info very much appreciated. Post as much as you can on all topics surrounding this if you can.

I'm the one that is on the low protein and it is dreadfully low. Obviously low protein is healthy as if you get enough cals it's basically impossible to be protein deficient. But it looks like my gains at the gym are being hampered by me eating solely oranges, bananas, Brown rice, veg and bread most days. I do eat lentils too but not that much.

Going to change that today. I hope to get to 0.73g/lb of protein which I have read is close to optimal. At around 218 lbs currently, that's I think 150-180g. If I add 1kg (5 cups) of cooked lentils to my diet that's about 100g, then the rest probably gets me into the 130's.

I am going to start with that after my mammoth weight session today and see how palatable it is, and actually try and get a better picture of how many calories I consume and that I exert at the gym.

I think i have had close to 10 hard sessions now of either cardio and lifting weights and the fat reduction on my body is great and to be expected eating such a low fat diet, but even though I am getting stronger I think I am not getting as big as I could be.

Saying that my goals are to be a semi pro goalkeeper which I was effectively before my ACL injury a month ago and now i have to wait a year to return to that and most goalkeepers around my height weigh no more than 210lbs. So maybe the fact that my muscles aren't growing that big is a good thing as they are big enough already. Could just be a case of getting rid of the fat.

Anyway I will experiment and let you guys know.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: