blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533915 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 06, 2015, 04:37:27 PM »

Great work on the deadlift Harvey. Are you taking before and after pics now that you're on a trimming down phase? Be interesting to see the difference between 99kg and 85kg even if only you get to see it.

Sean, how long do those sessions take? They look like about 90 to 120 minutes to me. There's no way I could stay in the gym that long I have to admit. 45 minutes suits me perfectly in the morning and then another 30 minutes or so in the evening. Looks like a killer routine especially legs day. Enjoy!!

I've managed 3 sessions of my little push up challenge. I was trying to use an app but for some reason it keeps messing up day 2 and telling me I should be doing 2, 3, 3, 2, 3+ which I think may be slightly wrong.....

Anyway I've just decided to do my own thing instead of following the app. I'll keep a spreadsheet of progress and perhaps stick it on googledocs when I manage to get there. The plan is 3 nights a week with steady increments up to a total of 200 across 5 sets. Currently on 80 so quite a way to go although there's plenty left in the tank. I definitely don't want to rush so I'm quite happy to add 5 reps per session. Once I hit the 200 total I'll have a crack at the 100 in one go. Might have to film it just in case I manage it and need to show off a bit.

I kinda hate before/after photos as they are so easy to manipulate, will try and do a few different angle to show how posing helps so much.

with you with sessions times, 45 mins is the absolute for me. Enjoy it so much when its around that time, any more and it becomes a real struggle.

Yeah I know what you mean. Posture, angles and a bit of a tan can go a long way.

If it's just for your benefit though then you can be honest with how you do it. The way I avoid manipulation with my measurements is to always do whatever I can to look as good as possible. For example with the chest measurement I'll tense up and make my chest as big as possible even on the day 1 check.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 06, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »

Sean, how long do those sessions take? They look like about 90 to 120 minutes to me. There's no way I could stay in the gym that long I have to admit. 45 minutes suits me perfectly in the morning and then another 30 minutes or so in the evening. Looks like a killer routine especially legs day. Enjoy!!

Can't imagine it ever taking longer than 60 minutes. Ideally would be in and out in 45 minutes, but the 5 rep stuff requires a little more rest, plus there are a few single leg/arm movements in there.

4 different exercises, 4 sets of around 8 to 12 each + 2 x warm ups takes me about 45 minutes.

Pretty impressive squeezing 30odd sets in under an hour. Nice work.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2015, 03:31:50 AM »

Can't imagine it ever taking longer than 60 minutes. Ideally would be in and out in 45 minutes, but the 5 rep stuff requires a little more rest, plus there are a few single leg/arm movements in there.

4 different exercises, 4 sets of around 8 to 12 each + 2 x warm ups takes me about 45 minutes.

Pretty impressive squeezing 30odd sets in under an hour. Nice work.

Indeed. I'm clearly taking far too many breathers during my gym sessions!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »

Ok so my 5x5 goals for the rest of the year is to hit these PBs for a five rep lift.

Squat: 100kg (Current PB is 80kg, I have done 6 reps at 100kg before)
Deadlift: 90kg (Current PB 70kg, my best ever 1 rep max was 100kg)
Bench: 80kg (Current PB 65kg)
Shoulder Press: 50kg (Current 35kg)

Given that I could hit quite a few of these targets about four months ago, my guess would be that in theory they should be easier to get to than if they were for the first time.

Current PBs:

Squat: 85kg
Deadlift: 80kg
Bench: 65kg
Shoulder Press: 40kg

Feel like I'm on target currently for all but the bench press right now by the end of the year.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2015, 11:12:28 PM »

Ok so my 5x5 goals for the rest of the year is to hit these PBs for a five rep lift.

Given that I could hit quite a few of these targets about four months ago, my guess would be that in theory they should be easier to get to than if they were for the first time.

Current PBs:

Feel like I'm on target currently for all but the bench press right now by the end of the year.

Yeh looking good!

Where do you train, if you don't mind me asking?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2015, 11:17:15 PM »

Current PBs:

Yeh looking good!

Where do you train, if you don't mind me asking?

Virgin in Sheffield - incredible massive gym a stones throw from my house
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2015, 11:57:17 PM »

Current PBs:

Nice work man. Out of 10 how difficult would you say your last squat session was? I got up to 80kg before i annoyingly got injured but was beginning to find it pretty tough.

I'm going to hit up 1 more month of the program Sean made for me then return to 5x5 lifting in January. Might look for a new gym too, mine is tiny. Guessing January isn't the savviest time to do that though haha.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: December 09, 2015, 09:22:07 AM »

Nice work man. Out of 10 how difficult would you say your last squat session was? I got up to 80kg before i annoyingly got injured but was beginning to find it pretty tough.

I'm going to hit up 1 more month of the program Sean made for me then return to 5x5 lifting in January. Might look for a new gym too, mine is tiny. Guessing January isn't the savviest time to do that though haha.

7/8 probably. I'm deffo holding back a bit with the squats as I'm gun-shy about re-injuring my knee (which has been fine so far)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 09, 2015, 11:33:19 PM »

Current PBs:

Loads of great sign up offers on in January to tempt the new years resolution folk so I'd say it's probably the best time.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2015, 11:59:42 PM »

Everything's going brilliantly for me at the moment and I'm feeling really positive.

Last week I was at 80kg for 6 squats but this week I was back up to 90kg for 8. Should be back at 100kg next week but then I'll leave it there unless it gets too easy and I'm knocking out 10 reps without any hassle. I'm not overly fussed about how much weight I can move, I'm more bothered about maintaining good form and avoiding injuries so I don't have to have any lay offs again.

Chin ups are at 4 x 6 with a bit left in the tank but not wanting to overdo it. It seems to be the grip that goes first so I've start doing hanging leg raises at the start of every session which should help improve that a lot with the added bonus of a bit of abs work.

Press ups in the evening have made steady progress. I was 68 over 5 sets to start with and I managed 94 tonight without struggling too much. I'm not being strict with what days I do these but plan on aiming for 3 or 4 session a week. I'm keeping a spreadsheet to show progress if I manage to get there (WHEN I get there!!).

I've got another personal challenge on which I may divulge at some point. It's not a strength based one but is without doubt the most difficult of anything I've ever tried. Again I'm monitoring progress so I can let you guys know how it's gone. This one could take 6 months or more and progress will be very slow so no point boring anyone with weekly updates. It's just something I've always wanted to do so if I get there expect mucho brags and a picture.

Looks like everyone else is doing really well. Will be interesting to see how everyone copes over Christmas though.......

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »

Back on the deadlifts yesterday for the first time in a few weeks. Managed a 180kg double over grip, no chalk. It didn't exactly fly up, but it wasn't a struggle either. Just going to pick one day when I'm feeling strong/positive to shoot for a 200kg. Not expecting it to be too much of a problem. Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 10, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »

Had a surprising result this morning on chest day.

I started with my new regime of hanging leg raises and then went on to incline bench as per usual. Not sure why but 80kg which normally feels quite tough was insanely easy for 8 reps. Thought I'd stick another 10kg on and managed to get 4 out at 90kg which I was really pleased with.

The only thing I can put it down to is perhaps the press ups I've been doing. Other than that it can only be a freak one off but I guess I'll find out next week.

I also managed 3 x 8 @34kg for dumbbell press. Obviously a long way down from the 50kg target but I'm not too worried there as I know it'll come eventually.

Some poor guy popped his back this morning deadlifting. He's pretty strong but doesn't warm up much and on his 100kg set it just went. He's literally couldn't get up the floor from about ten past 6 when it happened to when the ambulance turned up to cart him away on a stretcher at about 7. He's not one of those whinging types either so I know that if he could've got up he would've. Fingers crossed that he's okay but I a feeling based on my own experiences that he may be out for some time Sad

A lesson to everyone. Warm up!!!!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: December 10, 2015, 07:20:49 PM »

Had a surprising result this morning on chest day.

I started with my new regime of hanging leg raises and then went on to incline bench as per usual. Not sure why but 80kg which normally feels quite tough was insanely easy for 8 reps. Thought I'd stick another 10kg on and managed to get 4 out at 90kg which I was really pleased with.

The only thing I can put it down to is perhaps the press ups I've been doing. Other than that it can only be a freak one off but I guess I'll find out next week.

I also managed 3 x 8 @34kg for dumbbell press. Obviously a long way down from the 50kg target but I'm not too worried there as I know it'll come eventually.

Some poor guy popped his back this morning deadlifting. He's pretty strong but doesn't warm up much and on his 100kg set it just went. He's literally couldn't get up the floor from about ten past 6 when it happened to when the ambulance turned up to cart him away on a stretcher at about 7. He's not one of those whinging types either so I know that if he could've got up he would've. Fingers crossed that he's okay but I a feeling based on my own experiences that he may be out for some time Sad

A lesson to everyone. Warm up!!!!

Thin "I'm getting plenty " brag IMO

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 11, 2015, 12:16:20 AM »

Beast mode Sean and Matt, well done.

Warm up wise i jog to my gym which takes 5-6 minutes. I've started having one glass of Lucozade before as well. Seems to really give me a boost after a long day of work and is a little daily sugary treat to motivate me to keep the rest of my bulking diet as healthy as possible.

I weighed 75.5kg yesterday. Pretty pleased with that.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 11, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »

Yup, I don't know what a sub hour session feels like, I struggle to keep it under 2!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: