blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530770 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 20, 2015, 10:31:14 PM »

I don't stretch at all at present. I'll add it to my list of new years resolutions.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

I have always been mad keen on stretching and suppleness generally and think it is outrageously crucial.

Before even starting to lift as frequently as i do now for years i have basically maintained a stretching routine at least once every two days. Similar to Evilpie's in 25 mins daily. I do a 10-15mins stretch pre lifting and post, with a 10 mins bike just before each to increase warmth and reduce chance of injury while stretching.

Often involves static stretching every body part for 10 mins, then having 3-5 mins of dynamic movements of skipping without a rope on the mats/powering my arms in a rotary motion, jumping twists and whatnot. Really loosens me up for the weightlifting and loosens me up post to get on with my day afterwards.

So warm up and warm down is 40-50 mins without touching a weight or going for it on cardio/leg day. It basically makes a quick gym session impossible even with the smallest of routines but it is so necessary for me i can't budge on it. My flexibility is good, and as an amateur goalkeeper, or when/if i do recover from this ACL injury, it will really help with quickness of movement/agility.

@zerofive those four compounds you have mentioned clears things up for me a lot. I worry about pull ups atm, i don't think i am strong enough to string more than two together, so would the lat pull down machine suffice for that compound for now? The bench press I am pretty embarrassingly poor at I think, but may be a lot better now. The last time I tried it at the start of this routine a month or two ago I struggled with i think 50kg. I did have a dodgy shoulder though and considering how much i am lifting with the dumbells in other routines since I think i should have a much better crack at it. All about progression anyway so not being hard on myself. Bentover row I do 30kg either side 4x8, i could probably do 35kg, but my gym doesn't have dumbells between 30-45kg which is frustrating. For the shoulder press I can do 15kg-20kg dumbells on both sides, but i have a niggly shoulder that makes this routine a little tough but still achievable.

@iraise yeh I didn't think you were too peeved or going for me, but you did highlight my own insecurities about my routine which made me quite rightly check myself. So in my post i was having a go at myself, and trying to be appreciative of your advice and others on here.

So my routine on upper body day will be this:

4x8 bent over row 30kg
4x4-8 shoulder press 15kg-20kg
Lat pull down machine 4x8 level 10/25
bench press (i might do the dumbell form? And test out what weight would be reasonable for a 4x8)

So with that being 16 sets i think 5 more routines with 2 sets of each is reasonable. So i am going to attack a weak area in the core, of abs and lower back and for vanity biceps and triceps

2x 6-8 12.5kg bicep curl
2x 6-8 12.5k bicep kickback
2x 8-12 30kg sidebend (would love 35kg here but same problem with no 35kg dumbells)
2x 12-15 abcrunch machine
2x8 25kg dumbell lift off of the ground with knees bent and back arched engaging lower back

26 sets may appear to be pushing it, but does the above seem at least somewhat reasonable? What would you guys suggest I change, or any views generally.

Mega post already but I might as well leave it all on here. The diet I think has been superb in supporting fat loss and my more leaner appearance. Not surprising if you were to look at my macros, the fat intake of my food is probably sub 12%.

Bananas are the super food that powers me through a gym session. I go gym generally first thing when i get up, i down a litre of water, then wait a while and try to clear about 4-6 bananas, more if i can, then about 40 mins later i am at the gym doing my routine, i stop twice during it generally for 2 bananas each time a pop, and I have maybe a couple of more post shower afterwards. I will have to get an exact count on it but its probably around 12 large bananas in and around that time which equates to around 1500 cals. I feel energetic but with the feeling of lightness i wouldn't have had years ago doing a similar routine because my food intake sat heavier on my stomach and make me more groggy, not to trounce on alternative approaches to the gym, but mine within the meat and dairy arena were always poorer choices. I assume you guys approach it so much better than i did. I assume too that the bigger meals during the day the day before are stored as calories in my liver through glycogen that would help power me through the session despite maybe not getting enough bananas in, but i am no expert and would lay my hands up if there's a mistake there.

After the bananas rout I go for a huge plate of brown rice, scented veg and lentils, grilled corn on the cob available too and oats with raisins are an alternative, but generally what i have mentioned there is my complete diet. I take vitamin supplements too. Don't count calories just let the hunger lead me, but I do eat outrageous amounts.

Another point is actually about something called Gua Sha that i assume none of you have applied before but i think is crucial for gym goers. You effectively get a Gua Sha tool and with the edge of it and a lubricant applied over the injured/tweaked muscle dig into/massage it and if you have an injury there it will come up red. For the more chronic injuries it comes up really bad looking but that goes within days and is a sign that it will soon feel better. It increases to blood flow to the area and makes it immediately feel looser after application. Only reason i don't do it daily is because it is new to me and i need to start making time for it, but it is great and I hope some of you give it a try! Loads of examples on youtube and for most of your body it can be self applied, you can even use a jam lid as the tool rather than a specifically made one! I will actually inform more about that if questioned, but for now i need to end this post and get to the gym! Ha.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »

@zerofive those four compounds you have mentioned clears things up for me a lot. I worry about pull ups atm, i don't think i am strong enough to string more than two together, so would the lat pull down machine suffice for that compound for now? The bench press I am pretty embarrassingly poor at I think, but may be a lot better now. The last time I tried it at the start of this routine a month or two ago I struggled with i think 50kg. I did have a dodgy shoulder though and considering how much i am lifting with the dumbells in other routines since I think i should have a much better crack at it. All about progression anyway so not being hard on myself. Bentover row I do 30kg either side 4x8, i could probably do 35kg, but my gym doesn't have dumbells between 30-45kg which is frustrating. For the shoulder press I can do 15kg-20kg dumbells on both sides, but i have a niggly shoulder that makes this routine a little tough but still achievable.

4x8 bent over row 30kg
bench press (i might do the dumbell form? And test out what weight would be reasonable for a 4x8)

So with that being 16 sets i think 5 more routines with 2 sets of each is reasonable. So i am going to attack a weak area in the core, of abs and lower back and for vanity biceps and triceps

2x 6-8 12.5kg bicep curl
2x 8-12 30kg sidebend (would love 35kg here but same problem with no 35kg dumbells)
2x8 25kg dumbell lift off of the ground with knees bent and back arched engaging lower back

26 sets may appear to be pushing it, but does the above seem at least somewhat reasonable? What would you guys suggest I change, or any views generally.

26 sets is a lot, but my high volume routines are all around the 24-26 mark, and that doesn't take abs into consideration, so the routine we're looking at here is okay. I think we can make one or two adjustments to make it even better though.

You said your gym doesn't have any dumbbells between 30-45kg, which I agree is very frustrating! You're in quite an interesting spot where you can't increase the weight to something you would fail @ 8 reps, so why not try this: starting with your weaker side (if you have one) pick the 30kg up and do as many reps as you can, then match that number on the other side. Rest for 60 seconds, go again, and so on. So instead of 4x8, it might look more like 14, 9, 8, 6. Just a thought.

If you have shoulder "issues", then perhaps keep the reps a little lighter on the overhead press. Maybe go for something you can get between 8-12, rather than 4-8.

Lat pulldown machine is good, but I reckon you've got to get some organic pull-ups in there as well. Go for 4xAMAP pull-ups, followed by 4x8 lat pulldown. Even if four maximal sets of pull-ups only gets you a total of 5 reps, it's still a way better exercise than the lat pulldown.

Bench with the dumbbells sounds like a good shout to me Smiley

Would typically never ever do kickbacks, as there are so so many better tricep movements. Dips are absolutely fantastic as a way of crushing your tri's and stretching your shoulders, along with some additional chest recruitment. If you don't want dips, then try push-ups. If you don't want push-ups then try the cable extensions. And if you don't want cables, then try an overhead extension.

Not entirely sure what that last exercise is, but it sounds beneficial for overall core development if you're going to be engaging your lower back. Sounds a lot like a deadlift variation to me, but I might be reading it wrong.

These are just some suggestions to make a good routine better, but if you like what you've got at the moment then by all means stick with it. After all, the best routine is one that you're actually going to do. Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 21, 2015, 05:56:08 PM »

4x8 bent over row 30kg

2x 6-8 12.5kg bicep curl

26 sets is a lot, but my high volume routines are all around the 24-26 mark, and that doesn't take abs into consideration, so the routine we're looking at here is okay. I think we can make one or two adjustments to make it even better though.

You said your gym doesn't have any dumbbells between 30-45kg, which I agree is very frustrating! You're in quite an interesting spot where you can't increase the weight to something you would fail @ 8 reps, so why not try this: starting with your weaker side (if you have one) pick the 30kg up and do as many reps as you can, then match that number on the other side. Rest for 60 seconds, go again, and so on. So instead of 4x8, it might look more like 14, 9, 8, 6. Just a thought.

If you have shoulder "issues", then perhaps keep the reps a little lighter on the overhead press. Maybe go for something you can get between 8-12, rather than 4-8.

Lat pulldown machine is good, but I reckon you've got to get some organic pull-ups in there as well. Go for 4xAMAP pull-ups, followed by 4x8 lat pulldown. Even if four maximal sets of pull-ups only gets you a total of 5 reps, it's still a way better exercise than the lat pulldown.

Bench with the dumbbells sounds like a good shout to me Smiley

Would typically never ever do kickbacks, as there are so so many better tricep movements. Dips are absolutely fantastic as a way of crushing your tri's and stretching your shoulders, along with some additional chest recruitment. If you don't want dips, then try push-ups. If you don't want push-ups then try the cable extensions. And if you don't want cables, then try an overhead extension.

Not entirely sure what that last exercise is, but it sounds beneficial for overall core development if you're going to be engaging your lower back. Sounds a lot like a deadlift variation to me, but I might be reading it wrong.

These are just some suggestions to make a good routine better, but if you like what you've got at the moment then by all means stick with it. After all, the best routine is one that you're actually going to do. Smiley

Superb stuff, all taken on board and will be applied.

There is a name for the exercise that you are not sure on and i didn't properly explain but I can't be arsed to find it, but you are right it is similar to a deadlift and engages the lower back.

Thanks a lot!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 22, 2015, 02:46:24 PM »

Very much this with your pull ups.

I doubt there's many people who could do more than a couple of wide grip chins on their first ever attempt. Unfortunately because they can't do them on day 1 they quit and so they never get better.

Just do as many as you can and you will get better.

Also it's way better to do one really good chin up than two shit ones. I'd just go for 4 sets of 1 chin up but make each one really good. Hang off the bar first, don't jump in to it. From your hanging position pull up to the top as far as you possibly can and then try to hold there for a brief pause before lowering yourself in a controlled manner.

I can't stress enough how much better one of these good chin ups is compared to two or even three jumpy, swingy, pathetic half efforts.

Good luck and keep us updated with how you get on.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 23, 2015, 01:02:46 AM »

I doubt there's many people who could do more than a couple of wide grip chins on their first ever attempt. Unfortunately because they can't do them on day 1 they quit and so they never get better.

This is me. I will strive to work harder at pullups from now on.

Going to switch goals now. Hypertrophy was fun and productive but i'm back on the 5x5 hype from next week. Dave Shoelace i'll race you to 1x5 150kg deadlifts.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 23, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »

Pull up, update.

4x5 at 96kg. Looking forward to the next few weeks.

Squats 130 for 3.

Hopefully deads tomorrow 3x3 170 but pretty battered from this week. But gym closes tomorrow for 5 days so not thrilled with the options.

Definitely getting the strength buzz back. might post a few numbers over the next few weeks if I can keep the momentum.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 27, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »

"pick some big compounds and keep lifting until you can't pick the weight up any more. Cheesy "

Can't go far wrong with this summary.

Bent over row, pull ups, bench press and over head press looks like a brutal combo. I'm even slightly tempted to give it a go myself at some point.

What do you think to doing this routine Monday and Wednesday and then perhaps legs Tuesday, arms Thursday?

I'm not currently doing anything for arms as I can't squeeze them in to my week. If I pull chest, back and shoulders in from three days to two then I have that extra day to work those guns. The alternative is of course to have two days upper body and two days lower......

If I was going to schedule an arm day into a 4-day split, I'd probably do back & traps / chest & shoulders / legs / arms. Me being me though, I'd still go for compound arm movements. Close-grip bench, chin-ups, and dips would be in there.

There's no reason upper/legs/upper/arms wouldn't work tho, if you very specifically want massive sleeves. Give it and go and see how you get on. Smiley

Made a start on this today which was my first session in what seems like forever. Quite enjoyed the routine to be honest even though I wasn't particularly pushing.

Started with some hanging leg raises for abs then 4 x 8 bench up to 80kg and 4 x 5 chin ups.

On to the overhead press and I tried dumbbells which didn't work out too well. I've got a bit of a twinge in my right wrist and putting the dumbbells down was agony when I was on my second set at 28kg. I moved on to standing overhead press which I've not done for ages and managed a steady 4 sets just with the bar. These are going to take some getting used to again if I stick with them.

Bent over rows were cautious but felt good so I'm optimistic. Did 2 x 8 on the bar and then added 20kg for 2 x 8 at 40kg. No fireworks but happy enough with that.

The gym doesn't open until 10am tomorrow but I'll be there for my first legs session in a while. My usual legs routine would be leg extensions, squats, leg curls and then finish with calves. I don't plan on changing this unless anyone gives me a good reason to.......

Going to target 130kg squats for 4 reps just to upset Harvey a bit Wink

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 27, 2015, 04:08:54 PM »

"pick some big compounds and keep lifting until you can't pick the weight up any more. Cheesy "

Can't go far wrong with this summary.

Bent over row, pull ups, bench press and over head press looks like a brutal combo. I'm even slightly tempted to give it a go myself at some point.

What do you think to doing this routine Monday and Wednesday and then perhaps legs Tuesday, arms Thursday?

I'm not currently doing anything for arms as I can't squeeze them in to my week. If I pull chest, back and shoulders in from three days to two then I have that extra day to work those guns. The alternative is of course to have two days upper body and two days lower......

If I was going to schedule an arm day into a 4-day split, I'd probably do back & traps / chest & shoulders / legs / arms. Me being me though, I'd still go for compound arm movements. Close-grip bench, chin-ups, and dips would be in there.

There's no reason upper/legs/upper/arms wouldn't work tho, if you very specifically want massive sleeves. Give it and go and see how you get on. Smiley

Made a start on this today which was my first session in what seems like forever. Quite enjoyed the routine to be honest even though I wasn't particularly pushing.

Started with some hanging leg raises for abs then 4 x 8 bench up to 80kg and 4 x 5 chin ups.

On to the overhead press and I tried dumbbells which didn't work out too well. I've got a bit of a twinge in my right wrist and putting the dumbbells down was agony when I was on my second set at 28kg. I moved on to standing overhead press which I've not done for ages and managed a steady 4 sets just with the bar. These are going to take some getting used to again if I stick with them.

Bent over rows were cautious but felt good so I'm optimistic. Did 2 x 8 on the bar and then added 20kg for 2 x 8 at 40kg. No fireworks but happy enough with that.

The gym doesn't open until 10am tomorrow but I'll be there for my first legs session in a while. My usual legs routine would be leg extensions, squats, leg curls and then finish with calves. I don't plan on changing this unless anyone gives me a good reason to.......

Going to target 130kg squats for 4 reps just to upset Harvey a bit Wink

Trololololol...I am reallllly pushing squats, really want triples at 140kg. But your leg progression just hurts my feelings.

Your leg sessions look quite light on volume? I do 2x legs a week, batter the f$%£ out of them and they still don't grow. Terrific.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 27, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »

Trololololol...I am reallllly pushing squats, really want triples at 140kg. But your leg progression just hurts my feelings.

Your leg sessions look quite light on volume? I do 2x legs a week, batter the f$%£ out of them and they still don't grow. Terrific.

Aaww mate don't be sad...... It's not really strength progression just injury recovery progression. I've always had pretty strong legs just never pushed them because of injury worries. Now that I have a stretching routine I feel a lot more confident so might push them a bit harder.

Legs would be:

Leg raise 2 x 16 light warm up then 4 x 8 to 12 pyramiding up in weight.

Squats 4 x 8 up to about 80kg (for now....... )

Leg curl 4 x 8 as heavy as possible whilst being able to squeeze at the top.

Calf raise 4 x 12 to 16 as heavy as possible whilst maintaining full range of movement.

18 sets in total which is my norm for everything. I guess my reps are higher than yours which is where my volume comes from?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2015, 04:38:38 PM »

Aaww mate don't be sad...... It's not really strength progression just injury recovery progression. I've always had pretty strong legs just never pushed them because of injury worries. Now that I have a stretching routine I feel a lot more confident so might push them a bit harder.

Legs would be:

Leg raise 2 x 16 light warm up then 4 x 8 to 12 pyramiding up in weight.

Squats 4 x 8 up to about 80kg (for now....... )

Leg curl 4 x 8 as heavy as possible whilst being able to squeeze at the top.

Calf raise 4 x 12 to 16 as heavy as possible whilst maintaining full range of movement.

18 sets in total which is my norm for everything. I guess my reps are higher than yours which is where my volume comes from?

[/quote

My legs frustrate me so much. I think its personal preference/genetics etc.

At the minute my legs are

3x3 Squat/Deas

5x5 Leg Press

3x8 Bridge/Front Squat

3x8 Step Up/Lunge

4x10 Box Jumps
S.S.
4x10 Calves

4x10 Leg Ext
S.S.
4x10 Leg Curl

I do the left side one session and the right side on the second. But my leg growth is so so slow. I am still growing, albeit at a boring rate, but I mix it up fairly regularly from volume to strength when something plateaus for a decent time.

You overall volume seems so light for your strength levels, but like you said I guess its more recovering than progression right now.

What is your current split? Arms/legs/chest/back/shoulders?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2015, 05:33:14 PM »

My legs frustrate me so much. I think its personal preference/genetics etc.

At the minute my legs are

3x3 Squat/Deas

5x5 Leg Press

3x8 Bridge/Front Squat

3x8 Step Up/Lunge

4x10 Box Jumps
S.S.
4x10 Calves

4x10 Leg Ext
S.S.
4x10 Leg Curl

I do the left side one session and the right side on the second. But my leg growth is so so slow. I am still growing, albeit at a boring rate, but I mix it up fairly regularly from volume to strength when something plateaus for a decent time.

You overall volume seems so light for your strength levels, but like you said I guess its more recovering than progression right now.

What is your current split? Arms/legs/chest/back/shoulders?

It was shoulders, back, chest, legs recently but I'm switching to the upper, lower, upper, arms for a little while to see how that works for me. I only do 4 days and I only have an hour so this is the only way I can get arms in without anything else suffering too heavily.

I've never done a lot volume wise in the gym so it's just what I'm used to. When I was at my absolute peak strength I did a 5 day split with 4 sets of 4 exercises each.

For me it's not about lots of sets but making every set count. That means every set would be to failure and usually require a light spot for the last rep. I'd pyramid from 12 reps down to 6-8 and adjust the weight on the day depending how each set went. It's always worked well for me and I struggle to understand how anything different can work.

When I see the amount of sets you guys do I just see it as over training. As I've said previously there's no science involved just my opinion and knowing what has worked for me.

Oh and no offence but box jumps and lunges are for girls  

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:35:04 PM by EvilPie » Logged

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »

Definitely get your point about over training, whereas I think its 'common' for some people, I just eat way to much and concentrate on nutrition to carefully to over train from 4 hours a week. But I think the average gym goer can definitely fall into this category simply through poor nutrition/recovery.

Haha I have given up on being the biggest I can, being a natural athlete, 100kg and 10% just isn't going to happen. So I want to become much more athletic and venture into gymnastics, so box jumps are my very poor start point, as it is about all I can do. Not even a particularly high box. Still want to stay as strong as possibly. but I don;t want to work my ass off for 5 years to put on 2kg of muscle. Where my head is at right now it is much more about what can you do with it. I would love to be able to box jump myself or thereabouts.

I was pretty harsh on the cali guys when I first started. But most are stronger than me (relatively) and they can back flip. Knowing it is pretty much impossibly for me to ever be a WR deadlift holder doing a back flip definitely comforts the blow.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »

Definitely get your point about over training, whereas I think its 'common' for some people, I just eat way to much and concentrate on nutrition to carefully to over train from 4 hours a week. But I think the average gym goer can definitely fall into this category simply through poor nutrition/recovery.

Haha I have given up on being the biggest I can, being a natural athlete, 100kg and 10% just isn't going to happen. So I want to become much more athletic and venture into gymnastics, so box jumps are my very poor start point, as it is about all I can do. Not even a particularly high box. Still want to stay as strong as possibly. but I don;t want to work my ass off for 5 years to put on 2kg of muscle. Where my head is at right now it is much more about what can you do with it. I would love to be able to box jump myself or thereabouts.

I was pretty harsh on the cali guys when I first started. But most are stronger than me (relatively) and they can back flip. Knowing it is pretty much impossibly for me to ever be a WR deadlift holder doing a back flip definitely comforts the blow.

What? You've only been at it for 5 minutes. You're a similar height to me and from what I can gather a similar frame so there's no reason at all you can't hit 100kg at 10%

It took me ages to get to those sort of figures (slightly heavier and slightly higher fat) but it's 100% achievable naturally.

I always think this is a problem with setting goals. You wanted to achieve something but it didn't come fast enough so you think it won't happen. Surely at some point you thought it could happen so what's changed? You must be closer to it than you were before so why is it impossible? This thread started in August so 4 or 5 months ago. That's nothing. You're looking at 4 or 5 years to hit those numbers unless you live for training but surely you knew that before?

If you work your ass off for 5 years you'll gain 10kg of muscle not 2kg. Wouldn't that be enough?

How long do you think it's going to take to box jump yourself? I assume you mean a 6ft box!! Id be amazed if that could be done in less than two years.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2015, 08:29:06 PM »

What? You've only been at it for 5 minutes. You're a similar height to me and from what I can gather a similar frame so there's no reason at all you can't hit 100kg at 10%

It took me ages to get to those sort of figures (slightly heavier and slightly higher fat) but it's 100% achievable naturally.

I always think this is a problem with setting goals. You wanted to achieve something but it didn't come fast enough so you think it won't happen. Surely at some point you thought it could happen so what's changed? You must be closer to it than you were before so why is it impossible? This thread started in August so 4 or 5 months ago. That's nothing. You're looking at 4 or 5 years to hit those numbers unless you live for training but surely you knew that before?

If you work your ass off for 5 years you'll gain 10kg of muscle not 2kg. Wouldn't that be enough?

How long do you think it's going to take to box jump yourself? I assume you mean a 6ft box!! Id be amazed if that could be done in less than two years.

I mean I may be able to go up to 100kg and be leanish, but that would take so much consistency. There really isnt many people on the planet who are lean lean and 100kg who are natural. I honestly don't know anyone who is above 95 and lean who is natural. At our (Mentoring Group) Xmas Dinner we had a big chat about it, and a guy who EVERYONE thought was natural and i think around the 97 mark comes out with I have been using for 5 years. I don't want to name names on here. but it is incredibly wide spread and so upsetting to see. I honestly don't think if I worked hard for five year I would gain 10kg and then retain it through a diet. I think I would be incredibly genetically gifted to do so.

But by no means am i saying its impossible. You just have to be incredibly gifted genetically to get there. I don't even want to go e.g. Joshua/Bolt etc because it would not surprise me one bit if they test positive.

But I have been doing it three years, so the progress now becomes much much slower, for instance over the gaining period this year I assume I have made about 2-3 kg and I may be over estimating that. The general trend for a natural athlete is 10-20kg first year, 5-10 second year, 3-5 third year and 0.5-2 from 5plus. That assumes you train perfectly and recover perfectly etc, i.e pro athlete.

When the thread started I had no attempt to be a very lean 100kg, that dream went long ago, but I did want to get super strong, which I still do, but I don't want to be in the open category so to speak and just slop on fat mass. Plus I wanna be in the best condition I can be in 40plus and having the background in flexibility/mobility will hopefully keep me in good stead.

Yeah a 6/3 box jump would be special, I am guessing that is years in the making, but so is a 230kg dead followed by a backflip.

I totally understand your point though, all fitness goals take most time. But as long as you keep moving etc you can change them fairly liberally. I mean I could have a totally diff mindset and be juiced of my nut in three years time and be entering a strongman comp.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: