blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530737 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 20, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »

I think by looking/feeling/performing good you will become strong. I used to think size matters with strength (it is obviously an advantage) but a 63kg 19yr old girl squats 130kg for 4.

I am not 'concentrating' on strength so to speak. I am just concentrating on progression. But by 'accident' I will get stronger. I am certain I will be stronger at 80kg than I am now. Its just training age. Even if I go bonkers on gymnastics I will still weight train 2-3 times a week.

But you just gotta do what you enjoy. Adherence is always number one.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2016, 07:03:54 PM »

Some incredible work being done on this thread. Well done to all of you.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 21, 2016, 08:57:43 AM »

Cheeky little increase on the squats this morning. 8 @ 60kg, 8 @ 80kg, 6 @ 100kg, 6 @ 102.5kg.

Did the same routine as Tuesday with squats, RDL and then ten minutes stretch to finish off. Hardly a killer routine but to be honest I wouldn't really want to be messing myself up with a full work day ahead of me.

Broke the 1k barrier with press ups last night. 1106 done and a mere 23,894 to go.......

I'm only 264 behind target and that's actually lower than it was on Jan 9th so happy with that. Monday and Wednesday were both 25, 25, 25, 25, 35 for a total of 135. Seems to be quite tough but still a decent improvement from Jan 3rd when I did 20, 20, 20, 20, 22. Progress has definitely eased off a bit with these so I'm not quite sure how long it could take to get to 200 per night. No rush though, it's a long year ahead....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 21, 2016, 12:43:17 PM »

Putting out a friendly accusation to Evilpie and Iraise about the boredom with cardio. Could it be that you find it too tough to pursue rather than boring? Considering how constantly lifting weights should bring boredom too with the monotony but the pump and size gains make it worthwhile.

I think you get a similar good feeling with "runners high" if you were too break the back of the initial struggle.

If you are just jogging at the same pace for 20 mins it would be boring but high intensity 1 mins of slow jog and 1 mins of close to a full sprint will perk things up.

Hope I don't come across as a dick of course but I seem to do so effortlessly Cheesy
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 21, 2016, 12:55:02 PM »

I have been doing well.

I can't believe just how much fat needed to shift for me to get anywhere near a 6 pack. I'm not even close but the progression is great.

Maxing out the leg press machine for 12x5 on leg day and might start doing it one legged, once I feel settled, for half max upwards.

The upper body routine was tough to start with a month or so ago, as I never really worked out on it before like this and its like I have dug in for a good basis to sprout from muscle wise and I can start going bigger with weights in places.

It's becoming seemless and I am putting in a hell of a lot of work and think the reasons are the agressive stretching routine and a superb diet that aids in recovery.

I'm just going to continue to crack on! I will update my numbers across the board when I start making some solid shifts upwards.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 21, 2016, 01:39:11 PM »

Putting out a friendly accusation to Evilpie and Iraise about the boredom with cardio. Could it be that you find it too tough to pursue rather than boring? Considering how constantly lifting weights should bring boredom too with the monotony but the pump and size gains make it worthwhile.

I think you get a similar good feeling with "runners high" if you were too break the back of the initial struggle.

If you are just jogging at the same pace for 20 mins it would be boring but high intensity 1 mins of slow jog and 1 mins of close to a full sprint will perk things up.

Hope I don't come across as a dick of course but I seem to do so effortlessly Cheesy

Haha, you are so right about traditional running. I am just nowhere near fit enough. But I love other forms of cardio, i.e. circuits, sprints dare I say some crossfit stuff. I don't even mind the walking as long as its outside. But yeah if you asked me to run 30mins continuously I just couldn't do it.

If I played football for an hour would obviously get loads of cardio in but would love that too. Probably a poor choice of words saying I hate cardio, because I obviously don't. I just don't like consistent running cos I can't do it.

Good point well made.

(I also can't go to the gym and not pick up some weights, my mind just doesn't accept that. So I am aiming to do all cardio outside the gym, except circuits cos I use weights for that, meathead problems)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 21, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »

I have been doing well.

I can't believe just how much fat needed to shift for me to get anywhere near a 6 pack. I'm not even close but the progression is great.

Maxing out the leg press machine for 12x5 on leg day and might start doing it one legged, once I feel settled, for half max upwards.

The upper body routine was tough to start with a month or so ago, as I never really worked out on it before like this and its like I have dug in for a good basis to sprout from muscle wise and I can start going bigger with weights in places.

It's becoming seemless and I am putting in a hell of a lot of work and think the reasons are the agressive stretching routine and a superb diet that aids in recovery.

I'm just going to continue to crack on! I will update my numbers across the board when I start making some solid shifts upwards.

That leg press is huge, even the lightest ones I have seen I couldn't rep out like that.

Yeah six packs are crazy hard to get whilst retaining muscle mass. You either look big but fat, or skinny but ripped. (obv not exactly like that) But to get a six pack without looking like a 14yr old kid is tougher than you think.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 21, 2016, 01:49:33 PM »

Cheeky little increase on the squats this morning. 8 @ 60kg, 8 @ 80kg, 6 @ 100kg, 6 @ 102.5kg.

Did the same routine as Tuesday with squats, RDL and then ten minutes stretch to finish off. Hardly a killer routine but to be honest I wouldn't really want to be messing myself up with a full work day ahead of me.

Broke the 1k barrier with press ups last night. 1106 done and a mere 23,894 to go.......

I'm only 264 behind target and that's actually lower than it was on Jan 9th so happy with that. Monday and Wednesday were both 25, 25, 25, 25, 35 for a total of 135. Seems to be quite tough but still a decent improvement from Jan 3rd when I did 20, 20, 20, 20, 22. Progress has definitely eased off a bit with these so I'm not quite sure how long it could take to get to 200 per night. No rush though, it's a long year ahead....

I am pretty sure by the time I get back into the gym for legs, you are gonna be out squatting me. I think I am on 5x5 when I get back and will be over the moon. I think what I am going to do is go

5x5
4x5
3x5
2x5

And looks to really increase weight. Will add more volume in elsewhere each week to keep total volume lifted progressional. But when I get to the 2x5 level I am fully expecting you to be ahead of me.

I know what you mean about killing yourself for work. I do have to be careful sometimes or I am a walking zombie.

Want to really push my front squat too. If I can fulfil my mobility aims for the year, would definitely like to try Olympic lifting next year at some point.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 21, 2016, 02:05:33 PM »

This is massively underrated.

A strength coach I follow on YouTube used to do some Q&A videos and, when he was asked "what's the best workout routine?" he said something along the lines of

"One that you'll do. The best way to train and the best time to train are good things to think about, but not as good as actuallly training. Too many people love to get caught up in the minutiae, but all that does is give youi more brain exercises. The more shit you think about, the more you paralyse yourself from overanalysis. The best time to train is when you get to the gym. The best workout to do is one that you will keep doing."

Makes a lot of sense really. I mean, there are some obvious things we can be doing wrong, such as not squatting or deadlifting, but after that it really is about what you're going to keep going back and doing
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »

A strength coach I follow on YouTube used to do some Q&A videos and, when he was asked "what's the best workout routine?" he said something along the lines of

"One that you'll do. The best way to train and the best time to train are good things to think about, but not as good as actuallly training. Too many people love to get caught up in the minutiae, but all that does is give youi more brain exercises. The more shit you think about, the more you paralyse yourself from overanalysis. The best time to train is when you get to the gym. The best workout to do is one that you will keep doing."

Makes a lot of sense really. I mean, there are some obvious things we can be doing wrong, such as not squatting or deadlifting, but after that it really is about what you're going to keep going back and doing

Very apt advice. The paralysis from overanalysis was something that kept me bogged down for ages.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2016, 05:47:21 PM »

totally gutted.

Just as I was posting yesterday about being in a great routine, I was playing football today and broke my foot.

It obviously fucks the routine of what I've been doing.

Has anyone trained through something like this before? Obviously I will have to have some kind of special routine where no pressure is put on my foot. Anyone suggest anything?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »

No it's definitely boring Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 21, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »

totally gutted.

Just as I was posting yesterday about being in a great routine, I was playing football today and broke my foot.

Has anyone trained through something like this before? Obviously I will have to have some kind of special routine where no pressure is put on my foot. Anyone suggest anything?

That is terrible news, feel for you.

Personally I wrap myself up in cotton wool when I am injured as I want to make sure it is healed to the best possible level. When I feel confident I just get back into it very slowly. Shared some of my videos of my training post injury (split my knee open running down a hill). Struggled to squat the bar. That was like two years ago. For me it was a blessing as my form was so bad it helped me do it properly.

But I do understand how hard it is when you have so much momentum. Swimming is normally a good start. Then using machines. I can't believe I am saying this but BOSU ball squats are meant to be really good for rehab.

My advice is to take it slow and not rush it. Don't wanna regret than in 20 years time. 
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 21, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »

Very apt advice. The paralysis from overanalysis was something that kept me bogged down for ages.

Interesting debate how much is deadlifting and squatting needed? For gen pop can they be ommitted for something else?

I genuinely don't know the answer, as ever it is going to lie somewhere in the middle.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: January 21, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »

totally gutted.

Get well soon Cos

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: