blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 533908 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 21, 2016, 09:18:35 PM »

totally gutted.

Just as I was posting yesterday about being in a great routine, I was playing football today and broke my foot.

It obviously fucks the routine of what I've been doing.

Has anyone trained through something like this before? Obviously I will have to have some kind of special routine where no pressure is put on my foot. Anyone suggest anything?

That is terrible news, feel for you.

Personally I wrap myself up in cotton wool when I am injured as I want to make sure it is healed to the best possible level. When I feel confident I just get back into it very slowly. Shared some of my videos of my training post injury (split my knee open running down a hill). Struggled to squat the bar. That was like two years ago. For me it was a blessing as my form was so bad it helped me do it properly.

But I do understand how hard it is when you have so much momentum. Swimming is normally a good start. Then using machines. I can't believe I am saying this but BOSU ball squats are meant to be really good for rehab.

My advice is to take it slow and not rush it. Don't wanna regret than in 20 years time. 

Shit mate, hope it heals quickly!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 21, 2016, 09:24:52 PM »

But you just gotta do what you enjoy. Adherence is always number one.

This is massively underrated.

A strength coach I follow on YouTube used to do some Q&A videos and, when he was asked "what's the best workout routine?" he said something along the lines of

"One that you'll do. The best way to train and the best time to train are good things to think about, but not as good as actuallly training. Too many people love to get caught up in the minutiae, but all that does is give youi more brain exercises. The more shit you think about, the more you paralyse yourself from overanalysis. The best time to train is when you get to the gym. The best workout to do is one that you will keep doing."

Makes a lot of sense really. I mean, there are some obvious things we can be doing wrong, such as not squatting or deadlifting, but after that it really is about what you're going to keep going back and doing

Very apt advice. The paralysis from overanalysis was something that kept me bogged down for ages.

Interesting debate how much is deadlifting and squatting needed? For gen pop can they be ommitted for something else?

I genuinely don't know the answer, as ever it is going to lie somewhere in the middle.

I literally never deadlifted and very rarely squatted when I was at my peak.

They're good but to simply say it's wrong to not be doing them is way too black and white in my opinion. It's certainly far from obvious.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 22, 2016, 03:36:45 AM »

I do agree, I used to be far too black and white. Everyone really is individual so I think there are VERY few absolutes. Other than kcals matter. I can't think of any. And even those have exceptions.

I do however think they are fantastic exercises, and should be used on more people. But I think to say its 'wrong' not to use them is a little far.

It is a debate I have with many peers though, and a great debate it is. for example, Matt if you did, would you have less lower back pain etc? I assume the answer is maybe/what if/ what could've etc. I do think they should be in everyone's program until proven otherwise. I am sure I read on here somewhere, 'everyone is a fish until proven otherwise' I think that is the same sorta thing with the big three.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 22, 2016, 08:27:25 PM »

Creative one today, pretty tired but could finally move my shoulder from sun burn so did a GVT back and shoulders followed by a beach walk.

Weighed in at 92kg which was a dream. Haven't really tried to hard yet and losing 1kg a week. Incredibly pleased with the progress in terms of numbers. Visually we aren't there yet obviously. But I think I will need to be 85 and lower for that. Looking forward to getting back into the gym properly and eating my regular routine again. The chicken count for the holiday has been at 1 I think. So desperately in need of some when I am home.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 23, 2016, 08:33:06 AM »

The chicken count for the holiday has been at 1 I think. So desperately in need of some when I am home.

Chicken is murder yeh, try some lentils Cheesy

Good news hearing of your progress. Seems like you have a huge drive and your goals should be there for the taking.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 23, 2016, 08:39:33 AM »

Measured my waist at 35' today. I know it's not something to take on board too much as Iraise has rightly advised but I suppose it's still a marker.

3' lost i think from the start of the heavy gym program, I think around 2 months. Done so with no calorie counting and the ability to eat as much as I want which just feels like freedom Cheesy

I was 44-46' at my worst lifetime I think lol.

Go again for upper body today, muah.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 23, 2016, 08:17:52 PM »

Measured my waist at 35' today. I know it's not something to take on board too much as Iraise has rightly advised but I suppose it's still a marker.

3' lost i think from the start of the heavy gym program, I think around 2 months. Done so with no calorie counting and the ability to eat as much as I want which just feels like freedom Cheesy

Grats on the progress Ant

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 23, 2016, 10:30:23 PM »

The chicken count for the holiday has been at 1 I think. So desperately in need of some when I am home.

Chicken is murder yeh, try some lentils Cheesy

Good news hearing of your progress. Seems like you have a huge drive and your goals should be there for the taking.

I am actually quite liking lentils at the minute. Obviously with chicken. But they are alright. I think its a lentil mix with some other stuff. But pretty filling. I just have to use stock or something to liven it up a bit.

Still a devout tomato and basil rice man.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 23, 2016, 10:34:33 PM »

All measurements have a place. It is just interpreting them etc. And understanding the accuracy/reliability of results. I.E. scales/skin fold etc

If it is going down and you are happy though, that is all that matters.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2016, 01:06:05 AM »

Pretty meh few days for me. I have been so tired in the weekdays from work and sleeping relatively badly so combined i can barely find the will to drag myself out of the house in the evenings to work out. Thus i've been using machines all week instead of barbells i.e. telling myself i'll take it easy in a bid to make sure i go to the gym at all. It's so hard to do this with how packed my schedule is at the moment.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »

Pretty meh few days for me. I have been so tired in the weekdays from work and sleeping relatively badly so combined i can barely find the will to drag myself out of the house in the evenings to work out. Thus i've been using machines all week instead of barbells i.e. telling myself i'll take it easy in a bid to make sure i go to the gym at all. It's so hard to do this with how packed my schedule is at the moment.

Like the will to maintain consistency despite feeling horrid, I would say well done there.

I guess look at why you are sleeping badly, but that can be so many different things you may not know where to start. I fall victim to crap sleep myself often and have found personally (may not be applicable to you) I needed to take the whole thing more seriously.

Ventilation in the room (crack a window slightly open), have I trouble breathing through my nose (neti pot can help), do I eat anything that could effect relaxation in the lead up to bed (caffeine, heavy meal, sugar)? Something on your mind? (address it and move on). Hot drinks to help calm you down beforehand (peppermint tea is a treat). Do I set enough time to sleep (if I give myself 5 hours before I need to wake up I know i will feel like crap in the morning, so I often stress out and limit that to 3 hours through irritability because that's me lol)?

And the best action that generally helps me above all else is a 10-15 minute meditation on a chair just before you go to bed, should help gear you up for a relaxing sleep.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2016, 12:00:05 PM »

Grats on the progress Ant

Nice one.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2016, 07:41:15 PM »

Thanks for that Ant. Needing to take sleep more seriously is some pretty damn good advice that i should begin acting on.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 24, 2016, 11:37:42 PM »

Managed 5 x 30 press ups tonight which is my best total by a good margin. Previous best was 135. I hadn't done any since Wednesday so was feeling guilty and needed to give myself a boost.

Since the start of the year my totals have been:

102   112   118   122   125   132   125   135   135   150

It's a great confidence boost to see the steady progression as it lets me know that this is a possible challenge.

1256 completed, 23744 to go and currently 388 behind target.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2016, 01:38:46 AM »

Thanks for that Ant. Needing to take sleep more seriously is some pretty damn good advice that i should begin acting on.

No probs. Hope all goes well quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: