blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534406 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: June 13, 2016, 11:59:13 AM »

First night on the 100 press up challenge last night. I did 2 x 15 with nice long breaks and a max set of 49. I really gassed at 40 but then pushed for the extra 9. No great surprise there as I've been doing 40s for a few weeks so that's where my body thinks it's about time to stop.

Also started the new training split this morning with a chest session. Managed 100kg for 8 reps on bench and also 48kg for 6 on dumbbells which is pretty good after bench and flyes.

Quite optimistic about the new split. It's nice to have a bit of a change so will be nice to see what happens with the weights.

Some strong numbers there, do you do cable flyes?

I do yes. I did the standing bent forward type today but will do various ones to hit the pecs from different angles. Full routine was bench press, cable flyes, DB press and incline DB flyes.

I don't plan to vary too much from this but you never know, I could have a complete change of heart next week.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 13, 2016, 01:59:10 PM »

Last week of training for me before holidays, so gonna record all my lifts this week, and see what damage Vegas can do.

Was 235 this morning, but had a day off yesterday, and would hope to be around 231 by the weekend.

Definitely easier to get out of my chair presently, and it hurts less when I fall over, now there is a slightly less heavy lump hitting the floor Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 13, 2016, 03:37:15 PM »

Last week of training for me before holidays, so gonna record all my lifts this week, and see what damage Vegas can do.

Was 235 this morning, but had a day off yesterday, and would hope to be around 231 by the weekend.

Definitely easier to get out of my chair presently, and it hurts less when I fall over, now there is a slightly less heavy lump hitting the floor Smiley

Surely this has to be a huge motivator to get (and stay) trim?

We all know that our health is affected by our weight but with you each kilo makes a difference as to how hard it is just to get up.

With that in your head how can you not be at the gym every moment possible and eating an amazingly healthy diet?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 13, 2016, 04:15:50 PM »

We all know that our health is affected by our weight but with you each kilo makes a difference as to how hard it is just to get up.

With that in your head how can you not be at the gym every moment possible and eating an amazingly healthy diet?

It's a catch 22, because even when I was pretty trim, I still couldn't move very well, had spasticity probs etc.

Vicious circle, and I've no doubt I'm a comfort eater, who has gone through long spells of doing so out of frustration.

I wouldn't be awake much, if I spent much more time in the gym, lol.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 13, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »

Chest

Flat BB Bench - 4r @ 80kg + 2ass

Inc DB Bench - 8r @ 25kg + 2ass

Flat Cable Flies - 6r @ 18kg +2ass (per side)

Inc Hammer Press - 4r @ 30kg + 2ass (per side)

Biceps

Not sure what it's called, but I was using the machine at the end of this clip

Bicep Curls - 8th Notch - 6r +2ass

BB Seated Curls - 6r @ 30kg + 2ass

Seated DB Hammer Curls - 8r @ 15kg + 3ass

Have improved across everything over the last few months, and this will give me something to gauge the Vegas damage on.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 13, 2016, 07:26:32 PM »

Chest

Flat BB Bench - 4r @ 80kg + 2ass

Inc DB Bench - 8r @ 25kg + 2ass

Flat Cable Flies - 6r @ 18kg +2ass (per side)

Inc Hammer Press - 4r @ 30kg + 2ass (per side)

Biceps

Not sure what it's called, but I was using the machine at the end of this clip

Bicep Curls - 8th Notch - 6r +2ass

BB Seated Curls - 6r @ 30kg + 2ass

Seated DB Hammer Curls - 8r @ 15kg + 3ass

Have improved across everything over the last few months, and this will give me something to gauge the Vegas damage on.

It's a machine variation of a preacher curl. Absolute killer and probably second only to concentration curl for bicep development for me.

Is this your full routine or are you doing back, shoulders, triceps and legs as well? Seem to remember you were doing smith machine squats before? Are they still in the program?

How long have you been back at it on your recent stint? Any decent improvements from when you started?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 13, 2016, 08:45:11 PM »

It's a machine variation of a preacher curl. Absolute killer and probably second only to concentration curl for bicep development for me.

Is this your full routine or are you doing back, shoulders, triceps and legs as well? Seem to remember you were doing smith machine squats before? Are they still in the program?

How long have you been back at it on your recent stint? Any decent improvements from when you started?

Yeah, it's very sore on the last few reps Cheesy

Mine is pretty similar to the one you posted a while back

Mon - Chest/Bi
Tue - Legs/Core
Thu - Shoulders/Tri
Fri - Back

Legs/Core was TRX squats, and some core work with a kettlebell.

Last 4-6 weeks I've been starting on the legpress, and am currently doing 100/120/140/160, for 10 reps first 3 sets, and as many as possible for the working. I was struggling to do 70/80/90/100 when we started, so at least I'm getting somewhere.

I was doing squats in the smith back when my legs worked a lot better, and was squatting about 80kg at my peak, iirc.

I was going once or twice a week for a few months, and have been going 4x a week with a trainer for about 3 months.

Steadily improving, and have been happiest with my legs/core, which was almost non existent when I started.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 13, 2016, 09:13:56 PM »

Excellent work. Be good if you can stay with us on the thread when you get back from Vegas.

Don't dwell on the holiday thing at all. Just get back in to it as soon as you can and you'll be back where you left off in no time.

Looking forward to the rest of the numbers this week.....

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:33 PM »

Excellent work. Be good if you can stay with us on the thread when you get back from Vegas.

Don't dwell on the holiday thing at all. Just get back in to it as soon as you can and you'll be back where you left off in no time.

Looking forward to the rest of the numbers this week.....

I won't be stopping training again, unless I'm plotted up in hospital for anything other than my infusions.

I get back on a Friday, so have a few days to get over the travelling, and hopefully will be good to go again the following Monday.

Other than my legs being weak, I don't think I'm a massive amount below what I was lifting back along, although I can't remember everything.

I'll post them up each day when I get back, and then I've got them here to compare with, too.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 14, 2016, 10:32:22 AM »

Agree with Matt here too, great motivation to keep at it as well as being in control of your body the best you can. I guess you must have some days where you are completely wiped out? Or your legs/body just won't listen?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 14, 2016, 10:46:52 AM »

Legs yesterday, gaining more confidence with the squat ever so slowly.

1x3 100/110/120. Got stuck at 120 but luckily had a spotter and he was really good, felt safe but he helped just enough. Will chalk it down to luck rather than judgement but it worked well. I think I want to nail a few 120 and go up in 1.25s for a bit just to make sure I get A) confidence at hitting the depth B) if I do fail a few get the confidence in failing. Pleased with it though, and I think the depth is decent, will record it at some point for my own benefit.

2x6 95kg which felt tough but really technically good so will bump that to 100 next week and start the 3's at 110.

Rest of the session is pretty intense.

4x10 Leg Press which yesterday was at 160
into
4x8 RDL 80
Into
4x2-5 Assisted dragonflies.  (They were actually pretty poor for the first time yesterday but my lower back was aching from deadlifts and I had just finished squatting so maybe my core was a bit fried)

8x8 Ham Curl

4x15 Calf Raise

3x8e Single Leg Extensions.

Good session and about 55 mins worth of effort.

Going in for some 3's on the bench today, will look for 100/105/110 if I can find a good spotter
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 14, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »

Agree with Matt here too, great motivation to keep at it as well as being in control of your body the best you can. I guess you must have some days where you are completely wiped out? Or your legs/body just won't listen?

Legs are constant, and luckily I don't suffer as badly as some with the fatigue, just nerve pain.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 14, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »

I've done all the paleo/gluten free years ago, and it's never done anything for me, unfortunately.

Got a mate who constantly goes on about gluten being the cause, and I could sort my MS out if I cut it out.

Means well, but fk me if he doesn't go on Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 14, 2016, 01:58:44 PM »

Legs

Leg Press

100x10
120x10
140x10
160x6

We couldn't use the studio, so did the leg press in reverse, and finished with a drop set.

160x4
140x5
120x4
100x6

Finished with one set on the press only, which is 70kg, and got over 40 reps.

Just the slight clonus exacerbation Cheesy

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 15, 2016, 12:37:11 AM »

Last session with the PT Saturday before Vegas and his insisting on the after photo..even though I'm not there yet.. so make sure you haven't eaten when viewing these pages in the near future.. had to lay off running because of slight tweek to the calf and no major squat or leg press but everything else fine and been doing bit swimming and spinning to try and make room for Vegas food Smiley hoping to get close to 14 stone before i fly

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: