blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530793 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: October 08, 2018, 04:23:00 PM »

Looking at your diet I'm guessing shaping isn't a priority so yeah just smash the big lifts and get strong.

If at any point you decide that you want to audition for love island then cut the 400g chocolate bars and do a few front raises.

Seriously though don't neglect the isolation movements, just keep them as an accessory. If you identify a weak area then hit it for a few weeks as part of your accessory movements.

Do you watch many YouTube videos on strength training?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: October 08, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »

Some top work boys..

Im trying to balance strength with all the cross fit stuff.. may lose a little mass but its the direction I want.. lol shaved all my front hair off to see the definition..im like a little Dream Boy now Loooooooooool

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 08, 2018, 05:18:10 PM »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:22:08 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: October 08, 2018, 05:20:16 PM »

Looking at your diet I'm guessing shaping isn't a priority so yeah just smash the big lifts and get strong.

If at any point you decide that you want to audition for love island then cut the 400g chocolate bars and do a few front raises.

Seriously though don't neglect the isolation movements, just keep them as an accessory. If you identify a weak area then hit it for a few weeks as part of your accessory movements.

Do you watch many YouTube videos on strength training?

When they have over 40s LI we can both apply.  My fav you tube videos to watch are Dorion Yates training videos from way back.  Ronnie Coleman's are good as well.  Dorion's are just brutal.  Incredible to think how big Dorian would be nowadays with the huge increase in nutrition quality and the equipment he uses in these videos is so budget compared to the stuff nowadays.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:24:13 PM by arbboy » Logged
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: October 09, 2018, 09:49:32 AM »

Loooool Well the Missus appreciated it..

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: October 16, 2018, 08:23:13 AM »

I stopped dieting a few weeks ago and have steadily added a few pounds. Back up to 15st 5lb now with a target of around 15 10 to 16 being about ideal if I can remain lean.

The increased calories seemed to have a decent effect last night on OHP. I've really struggled in recent weeks just going through the motions really but managed to get a double at 70kg which I was pleased with. I'm going to push these pretty hard over the next few weeks as they should help with bench as well. I'm aiming for a bench PB attempt around Christmas time so hopefully look at pushing my OHP PB a few kgs as well.

I've also started deadlifting again. Nothing impressive at the moment as I want to go steady and get the form spot on before I look at any decent numbers. PR stands at 175kg and I'm currently at 140kg which seems very easy. Would love to see a PR at these before Christmas but we'll see what happens.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: October 17, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »

I stopped dieting a few weeks ago and have steadily added a few pounds. Back up to 15st 5lb now with a target of around 15 10 to 16 being about ideal if I can remain lean.

The increased calories seemed to have a decent effect last night on OHP. I've really struggled in recent weeks just going through the motions really but managed to get a double at 70kg which I was pleased with. I'm going to push these pretty hard over the next few weeks as they should help with bench as well. I'm aiming for a bench PB attempt around Christmas time so hopefully look at pushing my OHP PB a few kgs as well.

I've also started deadlifting again. Nothing impressive at the moment as I want to go steady and get the form spot on before I look at any decent numbers. PR stands at 175kg and I'm currently at 140kg which seems very easy. Would love to see a PR at these before Christmas but we'll see what happens.

Had a rest week myself with 7 full days off training and supplements.  Lost around 7lbs during the week after a weigh in yesterday.  Weighed in at 20st 6.  Felt strong yesterday on first day back overall.  Think at my age and doing intense 4 times a week low rep stuff i need a week off probably once every two months to fully recover.  Did 4 clean reps with 46kg chest dumbbells yesterday.  Shoulder pressed 32kgs again which still feels weak but we are working on this as the next plan.

Heavy back/leg barbell day today.  Looking forward to this fully rested.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: October 19, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »

How was back/legs after your week of rest?

I try not to have rest weeks now as my training isn't really intense enough to need it. I'll have the occasional lighter week working to perhaps 60% maximum but I don't think I could handle not going at all. I'm tempted to try a few days next time I go for a bench PR as I'm sure it could help being fully recharged.

DB shoulder press are coming on nicely for me. Managed a solid 3 x 8 at 34kg without too much trouble. These always make me a little bit nervous as I've hurt myself quite badly on them before so I won't be pushing for any heavy low rep stuff just stick to minimum of 6 comfortable reps which is the sort of weight I can swing in to position with no real risk.

I've stepped up my OAR as well which was pleasing. I've struggled with these because of wrist and arm pain but I managed 40kg for 8 slow clean reps which was really good. I super set these with some tricep OHP to give them a bit of work without taking up any real time. 12 to 15 reps at 40kg seems to get a decent burn without being overly taxing.

Deadlifts tonight hoping to hit 150kg but not overly optimistic if I'm honest. Will have to see how I feel at the time.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: November 27, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »

All gone quiet boys ?

I'm contiunuing with the crossfit stuff and am possibly as fit as ill ever be..feel fantastic and have moved on to some of the top end workouts..todays beauty is called the PainStorm Smiley

50 burpees
400m run
100 push ups
400 m Run
150 walking lunges
400 m run
200 air squats
400 m run
150 walking lunges
400 m run
100 push ups
400 m run
50 burpees

Completed in 56.57..very pleased to be anything under an hour and considering a 25 year old  shredded PT instructor did it 52 minutes I am very pleased.. its a quad burner though

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: November 27, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »

Think the last time I went to the gym was about the last time anyone posted here, lol.

As I said before, after reading that, I'm glad I'm a spaz Cheesy

Been a little under the weather the last few weeks, which coupled with being lazy doesn't help.

Going to try getting a few sessions in leading up to Xmas, and then back in there for a crack at getting back down to <200 for summer.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 04, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »

I smashed through the 200kg deadlift barrier today with some ease for 1 rep.   Was a lot easier than i thought for 90% of the rep.  My mate thought i could have gone again and done another rep but i was happy with it and will go again next week and maybe try 205kg.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 04, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »

Bent over barbell rowing 120kg for reps now and tbar rowing 115kg.  Could do 7 easy reps deadlifting 170kg which used to be my 1 rep max not too long ago. Did 3 clean reps without a spotter with 46kg dumbells last week on flat bench so the 50kgs are getting closer i think. 

Anyone got any opinnion on this fitness class Blaze?  David Lloyd just build a studio for it at huge expense.  Mixture of cardiio, boxing and weights in a fitness class.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 05, 2018, 11:57:13 AM »

Bent over barbell rowing 120kg for reps now and tbar rowing 115kg.  Could do 7 easy reps deadlifting 170kg which used to be my 1 rep max not too long ago. Did 3 clean reps without a spotter with 46kg dumbells last week on flat bench so the 50kgs are getting closer i think. 

Anyone got any opinnion on this fitness class Blaze?  David Lloyd just build a studio for it at huge expense.  Mixture of cardiio, boxing and weights in a fitness class.

My Lloyds have done the same thing.. its an evolution of the orange 360 classes.. its built around the HiiT ( High Intesity Interval Training ) method which is excellent for getting fit and losing weight.. would be excellent in conjunction with your weight work...

I do crossfit training mainly which is also built on the Hiit stuff.. would recommend the Blaze classes incredibly popular so make sure you book

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 07, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »

https://www.davidlloyd.co.uk/clubs/nottingham-west-bridgford/at-nottingham-west-bridgford/blaze

Looks well gay

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 07, 2018, 03:48:59 PM »

All gone quiet boys ?

I'm contiunuing with the crossfit stuff and am possibly as fit as ill ever be..feel fantastic and have moved on to some of the top end workouts..todays beauty is called the PainStorm Smiley

50 burpees
400m run
100 push ups
400 m Run
150 walking lunges
400 m run
200 air squats
400 m run
150 walking lunges
400 m run
100 push ups
400 m run
50 burpees

Completed in 56.57..very pleased to be anything under an hour and considering a 25 year old  shredded PT instructor did it 52 minutes I am very pleased.. its a quad burner though

Not even exaggerating when I say that I would die if I did this.

Your fitness levels must be insane at the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: