blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:03:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534899 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: August 05, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »

If you were wondering where Harvey has been?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=68232.msg2235675#msg2235675

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: August 06, 2018, 11:51:23 AM »

What you training for? SAS?

Fucking mental Cheesy

HAHAHAHA ! I know.. i must be a bit mental.. Crossfit and MetCon stuff is amazing.. I feel so fit and healthy ...

Also started doing meal prep as I cant be arsed to cook every night..so doing four meals in one go sticking em in the fridge ..bought some of those portion divider type plastic tray things.. very professional Smiley

Done that row/run on Friday..PT Saturday done dips body weight pull up and over head squats followed by a dirty 400m run 15 vups 15 burpee 15 pressup as many times in 20 minutes.. done 4 times round in 19.40.. my previous I only managed 3 times round which shows a significant fitness improvement

Done heavy squats and some met con sunday too.. so three tough ones in a row.. was officially shagged

Days rest ..well except for the half hour pussy spin class my missus likes to go to tonight..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: August 06, 2018, 03:05:21 PM »

Yeah, just a bit!

I've got those meal prep containers, but they're still in the wrapping, and I might do a month of it before I go on holiday next summer. Not myself, but ordered in Cheesy

My mate from Leeds is well into crossfit, and think he might have even started doing crossfit competitions earlier this year, too.

I had spag bol, and a strawberry sundae while I watched the golf yesterday, and will probably have a curry tonight... Only another week left, then I've got to open myfitnesspal again every morning.

Spin classes are definitely not rest!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: August 06, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »

I wouldn't do any of that cross fit stuff if you paid me. I know it appeals to some people but I just don't get it at all to be honest. Fair play though to anyone that gets to a decent level and by that I mean where Dean is at. Very hard work.

I started properly calorie counting towards the end of last week after I'd had a chat with Harvey about intake levels. We worked out my maintenance at around 2850 to 3150 calories so my standard day in the region of 2000 is pretty low. I have a bit more on Friday/Saturday and Wednesday involves a few beers and a curry but overall it's still a reasonable deficit. I'll work out my daily average once I have a weeks' worth of results but I'd imagine somewhere in the region of 2500kcals per day.

No wonder I'm slowly disappearing...

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: August 06, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »

Lol.. not everyones cup of pain.. but i actually enjoy it.. watching the pro's do it is something else..these guys engines are ridic

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: August 11, 2018, 02:38:33 PM »

Hey guys, all seems a bit quiet without Harvey, hopefully we can keep things ticking over until he gets back to the fray.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of intermittent fasting? It's something I've been considering for a while but especially recently as a friend is doing it and says it works brilliantly for her.

The principals behind it all seem to make sense to me. The lifestyle we generally lead means our bodies never have a chance to fully digest anything before we top up again and there's another load of work to do. This means our bodies have reduced time to spend on other things such as muscle repair and general recovery as its resources are used all day every day just breaking down our food.

My friend is doing a 16/8 split meaning that she eats all of her meals in an 8 hour window then that's it until 16 hours later. To me it seems excessive but I tried it last night through to today and it really wasn't that bad. I had my last meal at 9pm so didn't eat today until 1pm. I don't know about others but once I've eaten that's the floodgates open and I'm going to feel hungry again pretty soon. Not eating at all though didn't seem too bad at all and I was continually at the same level of slightly hungry all morning until I had my first meal.

For me it should work quite well. My last meal of the day is my biggest by far and is also quite late at around 10pm. It means my first meal wouldn't be until 2pm next day but then I cram all my calories in before training at 8pm and my final meal again after training at 10pm.

Not sure how it would be on a Saturday if I'm training early. Apparently fasted training is okay once you're used to it but I'm yet to be convinced. Fortunately today I'm training late so I won't get to find out until another week. I may never get to find out at all of course as I might just quit tomorrow and have a big fry up first thing.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: August 11, 2018, 02:43:04 PM »

Never tried the fasting.  I am more a 8/16 man from 7am to 11pm eating since why i am the size i am!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: August 11, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »

Never tried the fasting.  I am more a 8/16 man from 7am to 11pm eating since why i am the size i am!

Yup I'm very similar. First meal about 7am, last meal around 10.30pm

I have to admit I'm intrigued by the concept but entirely unconvinced that it could have a positive affect.

I'll report back if I manage to stick it out for more than a day.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: August 11, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »

Seen people raving about it, but I think it's just like anything else. It might work for some, and not others.

I like picking through the day, and would gnaw my fingers off, unless I was sleeping for most of the 16 hours Cheesy

I know Rogan has had quite a few people on talking on the subject, so will have a look to see if I can find some clips.

Rhonda Patrick is on his podcast very regularly.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: August 11, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »

I have to admit I'm intrigued by the concept but entirely unconvinced that it could have a positive affect.

it can't have a positive effect for me.  Most bodybuilders/stroingmen i have ever trained with used to set their alarm for a middle of the night injection of protein and were willing to break their sleep to get it to keep the balance and flow of nutrients into their body.  I just don't see how your body training hard can ever benefit from 16 hours of nothing.  No matter how big the benefits the downsides have to be worse surely just logically? 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: August 11, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »

it can't have a positive effect for me.  Most bodybuilders/stroingmen i have ever trained with used to set their alarm for a middle of the night injection of protein and were willing to break their sleep to get it to keep the balance and flow of nutrients into their body.  I just don't see how your body training hard can ever benefit from 16 hours of nothing.  No matter how big the benefits the downsides have to be worse surely just logically? 

Waking up in the middle of the night for a shake seems like an even worse idea, than having a 16 hour break from eating, lol.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: August 11, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »

Waking up in the middle of the night for a shake seems like an even worse idea, than having a 16 hour break from eating, lol.

Keeps the positive nitrogen balance i have been informed by some judges which promotes muscle growth 247
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: August 11, 2018, 05:18:43 PM »

Keeps the positive nitrogen balance i have been informed by some judges which promotes muscle growth 247

If they're juiced to the gills, probably does have benefits. Not going to matter that much unless you're on the Tren express, I wouldn't have thought Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: August 11, 2018, 07:12:19 PM »

Hey guys, all seems a bit quiet without Harvey, hopefully we can keep things ticking over until he gets back to the fray.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of intermittent fasting? It's something I've been considering for a while but especially recently as a friend is doing it and says it works brilliantly for her.

The principals behind it all seem to make sense to me. The lifestyle we generally lead means our bodies never have a chance to fully digest anything before we top up again and there's another load of work to do. This means our bodies have reduced time to spend on other things such as muscle repair and general recovery as its resources are used all day every day just breaking down our food.

My friend is doing a 16/8 split meaning that she eats all of her meals in an 8 hour window then that's it until 16 hours later. To me it seems excessive but I tried it last night through to today and it really wasn't that bad. I had my last meal at 9pm so didn't eat today until 1pm. I don't know about others but once I've eaten that's the floodgates open and I'm going to feel hungry again pretty soon. Not eating at all though didn't seem too bad at all and I was continually at the same level of slightly hungry all morning until I had my first meal.

For me it should work quite well. My last meal of the day is my biggest by far and is also quite late at around 10pm. It means my first meal wouldn't be until 2pm next day but then I cram all my calories in before training at 8pm and my final meal again after training at 10pm.

Not sure how it would be on a Saturday if I'm training early. Apparently fasted training is okay once you're used to it but I'm yet to be convinced. Fortunately today I'm training late so I won't get to find out until another week. I may never get to find out at all of course as I might just quit tomorrow and have a big fry up first thing.

My mrs does fasting occasionally, says it works for her.
Not sure I could go that long without food when training
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: August 11, 2018, 08:37:59 PM »

My mrs does fasting occasionally, says it works for her.
Not sure I could go that long without food when training

One thing I've noticed whilst doing my limited research is that the only people who say it's crap are the people who've never tried it. Everyone who's done it for a reasonable amount of time seems to show positive results, those who give up after a week notice nothing but that's obvious. I have to admit I'm exactly the same when it comes to various diets that make no sense to me but this one seems a bit more feasible than most. It's not restrictive with calories, my intake will be the same. I guess it's more of a lifestyle thing than a diet really although as you have less time to eat there's a strong possibility that you'll eat less unless you monitor your intake.

I genuinely don't think I could train without eating but as I train in the evening now it's not a problem. Even when I trained in the morning I was only having a banana and a shake which probably didn't hit my system until well after the session anyway so where's the problem? I guess you'd have to try it and see how it goes, I imagine your body would adapt pretty damn quickly to whatever you ask of it.

I imagine it would be quite tough at first and take some getting used to but then it just becomes the norm.

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: