blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:39:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534029 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: February 12, 2019, 03:44:44 PM »

Not sure what has happened over the weekend, but I've got my right pec doesn't seem to be engaging, and I was struggling to bench 40kg yesterday. Went over to dumbbells, and I could press 20s fine with my left, but can't even move it with my right.

Managed to get a short notice with the physio, so hopefully he can work out what's wrong.

No pain, and pulling is fine. All quite peculiar, and never had anything like this before.

I had something simlar to this last year for a couple of weeks then it just totally disappeared.  I didn't have a clue what it was but i couldnt bench 20kg either with my right arm it just kept failing.  Hope you get it sorted Marky.

It's really odd, as first week back I was fine and then I noticed at the weekend when I tried stopping myself against the wall, I couldn't push myself back off. Didn't think anything off it until I was under the bar yesterday, and then confirmed it with the dumbbells.

Hopefully it's just a nerve spazzing out, and it'll be the same as yours was. In with the don physio around here Friday morning, and hopefully he can let me know the coup.

If not, just have to work around it until it does, or get used to pressing 10kg dumbbells for  a while Cheesy

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: February 12, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »

Not sure what has happened over the weekend, but I've got my right pec doesn't seem to be engaging, and I was struggling to bench 40kg yesterday. Went over to dumbbells, and I could press 20s fine with my left, but can't even move it with my right.

Managed to get a short notice with the physio, so hopefully he can work out what's wrong.

No pain, and pulling is fine. All quite peculiar, and never had anything like this before.

I had something simlar to this last year for a couple of weeks then it just totally disappeared.  I didn't have a clue what it was but i couldnt bench 20kg either with my right arm it just kept failing.  Hope you get it sorted Marky.

It's really odd, as first week back I was fine and then I noticed at the weekend when I tried stopping myself against the wall, I couldn't push myself back off. Didn't think anything off it until I was under the bar yesterday, and then confirmed it with the dumbbells.

Hopefully it's just a nerve spazzing out, and it'll be the same as yours was. In with the don physio around here Friday morning, and hopefully he can let me know the coup.

If not, just have to work around it until it does, or get used to pressing 10kg dumbbells for  a while Cheesy

Trying to think if I've ever had anything similar but I don't recall anything unless I go way back to when I was having back problems.

Just sounds like something has stopped working properly doesn't it, very strange. Hope the physio can click it back in to place for you mate. Keep us updated, be interesting to hear what has happened.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: February 12, 2019, 10:58:41 PM »

Fantastic pressing night for me tonight.

I start off with heavy OHP singles which felt brilliant up to 80kg so I went for and got a PR equalling 85kg. It was a bit of a grind but never in any danger of missing and my whole body felt really solid. Really, really pleased with that and it bodes well for a PR soon without doubt.

I also did 2 x singles at 80kg, one before and one after the 85kg both of which moved very fast so my confidence is sky high on these at the moment. The big concern with these in the past has always been stability but that seems to have improved hugely in recent weeks so it's one less thing to worry about when I try to go heavier.

I've start doing weighted dips on a Tuesday as an accessory for benching and these went really well managing a set of 7 with 40kg strapped on. Again really happy with that Smiley

Both of these should have a really big carry over to bench so fingers crossed if I stick with it I'll be getting up towards PR soon.

Not sure why I've been so strong today, possibly the de-load week has helped but also it could be all the new pills and powders I've started ramming down my throat? I'm also weighing in a bit heavier at a touch over 16st so that won't hurt. Whatever it is I'm happy so going to stick to my current nutrition intake and to hell with any slight body fat increases.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: February 13, 2019, 12:02:42 AM »

Glad you're firing on all systems. Impressive stuff!

I've got some meal prep stuff from musclefood on their xmas promo which effectively worked out half price. Going to see how they taste soon.

Need to get myself back on the sensible express, not just the half sensible Cheesy

Trying to think if I've ever had anything similar but I don't recall anything unless I go way back to when I was having back problems.

Just sounds like something has stopped working properly doesn't it, very strange. Hope the physio can click it back in to place for you mate. Keep us updated, be interesting to hear what has happened.

That's the thing that's hard to work out, because my legs obviously don't work properly and it's all down to nerves/lesions etc.

Hopefully it's just something trapped or aggravated, and it'll just sort itself out like Arb's did. Find out if it's something simple on Friday hopefully and will report back.

Shoulders tomorrow, so find out if it's just flat pressing that's the biggest problem.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: February 13, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: February 15, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »

That's the thing that's hard to work out, because my legs obviously don't work properly and it's all down to nerves/lesions etc.

Hopefully it's just something trapped or aggravated, and it'll just sort itself out like Arb's did. Find out if it's something simple on Friday hopefully and will report back.

Shoulders tomorrow, so find out if it's just flat pressing that's the biggest problem.

Any updates from training or from your physio?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: February 15, 2019, 11:49:07 PM »

Any updates from training or from your physio?

Trained back on Thursday, and it seemed to be ok on anything that was pulling, but on seated cable pullovers I was struggling.

Went to see him today, which involved lots of pain Cheesy

He said that it looked like my shoulder was out of place, and my pec had gone into a spasm. Was there about 45 minutes and feels like he jumped all over me.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: February 18, 2019, 11:56:20 PM »

05/01/2019: 3 x 3 @ 105kg - 3 x 1 @ 110, 115, 120kg.

12/01/2019: 3 x 1 @ 120kg - 3 x 3 @ 105, 107.5, 110kg. 3 x 1 slingshot @ 125, 130, 130kg

19/01/2019: 3 x 3 @ 110kg - 3 x 1 @ 120, 122.5, 125kg

26/01/2019: 3 x 1 @ 122.5, 125, 127.5kg - 3 x 3 @ 110, 112.5, 112.5kg. 3 x 1 slingshot @ 130kg

02/02/2019: 3 x 3 @ 80kg - 3 x 1 @ 100kg (de-load week)

09/02/2019: 3 x 1 @ 120, 125, 125kg - 3 x 3 @ 110kg. 3 x 1 slingshot @ 130kg

16/02/2019: 3 x 3 @ 110, 112.5, 115kg - 3 x 1 @ 125kg

More steady progress although I was really aching on Saturday and really feel ready for some physio. I'm booked in for Wednesday so hopefully he can make me feel a bit better.

Triples were all really solid and the 115kg moved as well as the 110kg even with a good long pause. First 125kg single got completely out of shape, the bar touched I'd guess about two inches lower than it should which meant the bar path was completely out. I managed to recover it and complete the rep which I actually took as a positive as I knew that if I got it right it would've been much easier.

Rep two was much better and the last was best of the lot moving really fast and confident. Pretty sure I'll try 127.5kg next week, possibly 130kg if I feel good. This week I really didn't feel good at all with aches all over particularly my triceps so to still hit some decent numbers was very encouraging.

Much happening elsewhere? Arby, how's the deadlifts?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: February 19, 2019, 01:28:17 AM »

Owner's wife landed him with a new client today, but didn't tell him about it until this morning... I could only train at that time, so had to sack it off today.

In tomorrow for chest, and will see how sports massage bloke has done.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: February 19, 2019, 05:03:59 PM »

Trained chest today, and it was a little bit better, but definitely not right.

Got no power from the bottom part of the movement, so can't explode up from my chest. Think I'll just go light on chest for the next month, and see how things are after Cheltenham.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: February 21, 2019, 11:32:38 PM »

Much happening elsewhere?

On the exercise front hardly anything.
Having retrained as an electrician, I was very active last year and kept my weight to around 14 stone.
Towards end of last year took a management position back in the NHS which is mostly desk based and long hours. Have piled on the weight even with exercise. Just got back from hols in the US and weighed 15st 9lb today.
Hard graft starts tomorrow, first aims will be to get below 14st, will add lifting and running targets as I progress.
Probs gonna have to get my wrist looked at by a professional too. Has been painful for years on and off but hurt it pretty good playing golf last week and still hurting now.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: February 23, 2019, 10:37:09 PM »

Much happening elsewhere?

On the exercise front hardly anything.
Having retrained as an electrician, I was very active last year and kept my weight to around 14 stone.
Towards end of last year took a management position back in the NHS which is mostly desk based and long hours. Have piled on the weight even with exercise. Just got back from hols in the US and weighed 15st 9lb today.
Hard graft starts tomorrow, first aims will be to get below 14st, will add lifting and running targets as I progress.
Probs gonna have to get my wrist looked at by a professional too. Has been painful for years on and off but hurt it pretty good playing golf last week and still hurting now.

I feel your pain with the wrist issue, mine are a constant problem. Definitely worth seeing someone about it in case it's an easy fix.

Be great if you post your progress regularly, love a good weight loss challenge.

Good luck.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: February 23, 2019, 11:24:39 PM »

05/01/2019: 3 x 3 @ 105kg - 3 x 1 @ 110, 115, 120kg.

12/01/2019: 3 x 1 @ 120kg - 3 x 3 @ 105, 107.5, 110kg. 3 x 1 slingshot @ 125, 130, 130kg

19/01/2019: 3 x 3 @ 110kg - 3 x 1 @ 120, 122.5, 125kg

26/01/2019: 3 x 1 @ 122.5, 125, 127.5kg - 3 x 3 @ 110, 112.5, 112.5kg. 3 x 1 slingshot @ 130kg

02/02/2019: 3 x 3 @ 80kg - 3 x 1 @ 100kg (de-load week)

09/02/2019: 3 x 1 @ 120, 125, 125kg - 3 x 3 @ 110kg. 3 x 1 slingshot @ 130kg

16/02/2019: 3 x 3 @ 110, 112.5, 115kg - 3 x 1 @ 125kg

23/02/2019: 3 x 1 @ 125kg - 3 x 3 @ 112.5, 115, 120kg. 3 x 1 slingshot @ 135, 140, 130kg

Still feeling a bit beat up today and both elbows were pretty sore so I didn't push for more than 125kg singles. They all felt solid though with good long pauses.

Triples were really good, I thought I might be a bit optimistic going for 120kg but it was absolutely fine so I'm really not sure why I'm getting a bit stuck on the singles.

Was nice to get 140kg on the bar with the slingshot on. It stalled a bit at my usual sticking point which is about 6" off the chest but I got through it okay. I've been doing a lot of accessory work to try to help this recently so nice to see that paying off.

I felt a slight tweak at 140 so dropped back to 130kg for a double. Wasn't long ago that I was struggling with 130 slingshot reps so there's definitely progress.

Rest week next week as I'm in Vegas baby!!!! The Aria gym looks pretty good so I might try to get in there at some point just to keep my eye in but it's far from a priority. I'm not away for long anyway so a complete rest might not be the worst plan.

Back to it after Vegas for a four week block hoping to move some decent numbers. Really want to get 135 or 140 on the bar but that's looking tough....

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: February 24, 2019, 03:29:55 AM »

Some going, all the same. Not many ever get in the 6 plate brigade, I wouldn't think.

Have a great time in Vegas, Matt!

I can't wait to get back in the Aria, for some Five-50 and Lemongrass action.

I've got 4 sessions next two weeks, then off for Cheltenham, and then back to daily MFP macro logs, and off the eatwhatiwantexpress.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: March 03, 2019, 02:34:34 PM »

Feb 21st:      15st 9lb
March 3rd:    15st 2lb

Not really done any exercise as been working most of the time but eating pretty clean. Couple of days off now so will try to hit the exercise.
12 weeks til I go on Holiday again so gonna weigh in Sundays instead of my usual Mondays.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: