blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 530752 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: May 09, 2020, 01:01:43 AM »

Sounds like gyms are going to be shut until Autumn per the original lockdown unlocking details and their 5 stage plan.   Could be a long summer of walking!

Be alright if I could Cheesy

My little bro just bought a bike, and has been going out a few times a week doing 10-15 miles.

As for the fight, I wouldn't want to bet on either at 6/4. Just so many variables, and they're both mutants.

Can quite happily just watch and enjoy the show. Or lack of one, which is more likely.

Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: May 09, 2020, 10:46:24 AM »

In Eddie's latest video he suggests the fight will be September 2021 so it's a long time to tie up your money. Saying that 0% interest rates etc and I would be all over him at that price.

Reading between the lines on vids from what arb has suggested on here Eddie is taking this as his chance to slim down, get long-term healthy and get paid.

Need more info on whether Thor has all that stuff in him with all his other priorities.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: May 09, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »

This far out I think you're getting 6/4 on a coin flip.

The winner will be the one who dedicates himself the most, if they dedicate equally it's a coin flip at the moment until we start to see one of them show a more natural aptitude towards boxing.

Both previously excelled at other sports before turning to strongman, Eddie at swimming, Thor at basketball. Both excelled when they turned to strongman. I think it's safe to say that they're both level 1 athletes who will make it to elite level at pretty much any sporting activity they choose to get involved in.

Both are 100% dedicated once they put their mind to something so if they go all in both could be very good boxers at the end of this.

I'm glad it's happening in 18 months rather than say 3 months. There's a much better chance of it being a good fight rather than a pathetic spectacle of two knackered brutes swinging random haymakers.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: May 10, 2020, 01:29:31 AM »

Personally not done anything except walking. Foot almost recovered from standing on a nail. Injury/issues to left wrist have been pretty bad so avoiding all weights at the mo.

Wrist pain remains, not surprising as a ganglion cyst has developed. Wont be a quick fix as virtually no access to Doctors surgery atm.
Foot now healed so started playing football with the boy again
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: May 11, 2020, 12:10:20 AM »

Stumbled across Strongman Eddie earlier. Wouldn't have watched it but for the mentions on here. A pleasing find that.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: May 14, 2020, 09:13:28 AM »

Weighed myself yesterday for the first time in quite a while and I'm down to 15st 7lb. Haven't been that light for quite a while but it's no big surprise as my food intake has been pretty low.

Training is going really well in the garage gym.

Lower routine is now:

Box squats with 23kg dumbbell. Looking to increase weight on these soon but taking it slow.
Lunges with 2 x 10kg dumbbells.
Glute bridges 50kg barbell.
Step ups with 2 x 10kg dumbbells
Banded dead lifts. I do these with a heavy band under my feet and lifting with my hands to the sides. It's a similar position to a trap bar dead lift and more like a rack pull as the bands don't really kick in 'tikl they're above the knees. They feel really good for speed work though and I'm getting in the 20 reps range so should be building a nice strong base.
Calf raises. I've got a hole in my garage floor so I can do these with full range of motion. Not using any weight but doing them really controlled so getting a great burn. Did them for the first time on Sunday and my calves are still aching now.

I'm super setting everything with a bicep or triceps exercise. It doesn't affect my recovery time at all so I might as well make the most of the time in there.

Upper is going well but I'd expect it to as that's by far my strongest area. Keeping everything reasonably light but getting to failure on most sets in the 12 to 15 range so should be really good for hypertrophy.

Anyone else managing anything at home?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: May 17, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »

Great you tube video showing the infamous cheating scandal that caused all the bad blood between Thor and Eddie:

Thoughts?

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: May 18, 2020, 08:24:50 AM »

Great you tube video showing the infamous cheating scandal that caused all the bad blood between Thor and Eddie:

Thoughts?

Watched this yesterday, just fuels my love for elite sport more. For a long time I couldn't even see the double dip in his knees because of the sleeves, but the footage yesterday did give a good account of it. I did always think Eddie has 1-2 more in him even if Thor did get the extra but that does seem a weak argument. Rewatching the clips yesterday Thor does do a few dodgy reps and repeatedly ignore the down signal and just drops it when he wants. Must be tough to ref with those egos, and knowing full well someone like Thor is probably bigger than the sport in terms of reach. Guess the figures of the boxing floating around can suggest that too.

I had heard before that video that Thor and a large portion of his team all surrounded the refs after Eddie hit 15 as opposed to when Thor left the stage, which although understandable also seems a bit weak.

If i'm in Thor's shoes, and I've watched Eddie hit 500kg, I still haven't won WSM and the ref is trying to take a rep off me, I am almost certainly doing the same thing. I wonder if they will put in any consequence in the future for arguing with the refs, points docked/handicapped for next even etc.

Other news Luke Stoltman looked to get a lot closer than I though to the Log WR.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: May 18, 2020, 05:19:00 PM »

Just watched that log press. So close and nobody could've argued with the existing holder refereeing it.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: May 18, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »

Have no idea of any of the background, but seeing all those people fistbumping when he came off and cheering him is like a fan squad Cheesy

That Laurence Shahlaei makes a good point about Eddie probably being able to bash another out if he had to.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: May 18, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »

Have no idea of any of the background, but seeing all those people fistbumping when he came off and cheering him is like a fan squad Cheesy

That Laurence Shahlaei makes a good point about Eddie probably being able to bash another out if he had to.

Its tough, I think he could but its always so hard to say. He obviously set out to get 15. His last one looked tough, and he only had 5-6 seconds I think. I think he probably would have, but if I am in Thors shoes, I am not accepting that as an argument.

Eddie's reps on the whole were far far better though. Waits fro the down signal, locks his arms. Thor's reps on the side by side look really ropey. You could argue 5/6/7 weren't actual reps.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: May 18, 2020, 06:52:34 PM »

I didnt think Luke would ever get close, he has said he wants it for 3-4 years. But I didnt think he would ever do 220. Really surprised Kinda feels like with a crowd in an actual comp its a gimme.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: May 18, 2020, 07:00:35 PM »

Its tough, I think he could but its always so hard to say. He obviously set out to get 15. His last one looked tough, and he only had 5-6 seconds I think. I think he probably would have, but if I am in Thors shoes, I am not accepting that as an argument.

Eddie's reps on the whole were far far better though. Waits fro the down signal, locks his arms. Thor's reps on the side by side look really ropey. You could argue 5/6/7 weren't actual reps.

He got called for double dipping on the last rep but even it it wasn't for that his arms didn't lock. Also didn't get a down signal.

It a 'no rep' on three counts surely? Forget the other questionable reps and just focus on the no down signal from the last and it's 14 total.

I'm in the same camp as you regarding Eddie. Those last few reps didn't look easy and I wouldn't have him any more than 50/50 to get it especially in 6 seconds. If I was Eddie or an Eddie suporter I wouldn't even mention the fact that he might have hit another rep. Just focus on the fact that Thor clearly didn't hit his 15th and you're sorted.

Can't believe Thor didn't shake Eddies hand at the end. Utter c**t for that and I've lost so much respect for him.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: May 18, 2020, 07:06:56 PM »

Yeah, obviously not an argument that's required. I just thought he might have, too.

Agree on Thor ignoring matey saying how he'd let him off a few as he thought he was 'confused'

Probably worried he might end up like mateyboy Martell Cheesy

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: May 18, 2020, 07:19:09 PM »

Thor asking for them to review the video - if they did that they'd have to take off half his reps!
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: