blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 534151 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4035 on: August 23, 2021, 03:35:26 PM »

Little update for me....

I'm very much focussed on bench at the moment doing everything I can to try to squeeze out a few extra kgs.

Everything is paused at the moment and I hit 130kg for a triple. Tried to go again at 135kg but just missed the third rep. 105kg for volume work hit 9 and 6 again all paused.

Moved on to slingshot singles after that and my 140kg and 150kg went well enough to move up again. Had a go at 160kg so 3 and a half plates. Looked lovely on the bar....

Anyway it actually felt reasonably light when I un-racked it so I think I got a bit over confident and paused a touch too long. Absolutely no f**king chance I was making the rep but I'm very positive about it as it didn't feel scary at all.

Mid-week benching is going well as an accessory. I do 2 sessions in the week , 1 heavy and 1 more volume based but I don't go crazy and I don't pause. Heavy day is usually a couple of sets at 120kg for 5/6 and a set at 130kg for 3/4. Volume is just 100kg for anywhere between 10 and 14 depending how I feel.

Loving it at the moment. 8 weeks to go 'til I have a 1RM attempt. Be interesting to see what I can hit.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: August 26, 2021, 06:12:21 PM »

we set a 1 Rep max which was 120KG..then week one we started at 75% for 5 x5 (90KG) 2 min max rest between sets then each week moved up 5KG until we got to 110KG then retested yesterday.. went up in 2.5kg from 120 and hit 130KG..tbh i think there was more to be had.. the 130 went up pretty smooth, just run out of time as we had to get a big metcon in

Any updates on this Dean? I'm intrigued to see how far you manage to push it?

Havent benched since lol... seems that was the last phase and we have moved on Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: September 01, 2021, 03:17:16 PM »

we set a 1 Rep max which was 120KG..then week one we started at 75% for 5 x5 (90KG) 2 min max rest between sets then each week moved up 5KG until we got to 110KG then retested yesterday.. went up in 2.5kg from 120 and hit 130KG..tbh i think there was more to be had.. the 130 went up pretty smooth, just run out of time as we had to get a big metcon in

Havent benched since lol... seems that was the last phase and we have moved on Smiley

That's a shame, would've been interesting to follow.

What's the latest? Any strength work involved or just your crazy running about madness?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: September 01, 2021, 04:32:32 PM »

That's a shame, would've been interesting to follow.

What's the latest? Any strength work involved or just your crazy running about madness?

Some low end strength super sets.. other day was 100KG squat but 3 seconds down 2 seconds up..superset with eccentric pullup which is essentially a pull up in reverse..have to slowly lower yourself from the top position for a count of five...not pleasant..8 of those.. followed by loony running about.. example of lunacy 40 minutes non stop work.. 100 calorie row followed by 15 burpees and 15 box jumps..as many rounds as possible.. managed 4 rounds plus 13 calories..which is pretty respectable... Cheesy Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: September 20, 2021, 02:37:39 PM »

Thor looking ridic!

23 stone with abs Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: September 20, 2021, 09:31:25 PM »

Watched the Thor fight at the weekend against Devon Larratt. No surprises, Thor still cant box for shit
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: September 21, 2021, 05:40:46 PM »

Watched the Thor fight at the weekend against Devon Larratt. No surprises, Thor still cant box for shit

I didn't bother, and likely won't watch any until he fights the other doorman Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: September 21, 2021, 07:03:45 PM »

It was a joke and watching it made me waant to back Eddie even more when they do finally fight. 
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: September 21, 2021, 09:02:28 PM »

It was a joke and watching it made me waant to back Eddie even more when they do finally fight. 

At least Devon had the excuse that he stood in at the last minute and makes no claims whatsoever that he can box. Thor stating he wants to be a boxer is hilarious.
Eddie's no boxer either, but he's looking a fight, not a boxing match
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: September 29, 2021, 03:58:17 PM »

I watched Eddie's reaction video last night, he didn't exactly look worried and can't say I blame him. Didn't look like a guy with 18 months training behind him.

Complete waste of time for Thor fighting Devon. The guy had a go but it was embarrassing to watch, I'm surprised they didn't have an arrangement beforehand to put on a show but make sure Thor won.

I will say though that Thor looked physically in great shape. Great shape until he started moving about of course then he looked like an elephant.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: September 29, 2021, 04:02:47 PM »

Any training updates from anyone?

I'm 5 weeks away from a 1RM attempt so in to the low volume stuff now. Reps for the next 5 Saturdays are 2, 3, 2, 4 and then the singles

I missed last Saturday as I was on holiday but the week before was a solid 8 at 115kg all paused. In the week I'm getting to about 10 at 100kg but Saturday always seems so much better.

Trained yesterday and struggled to hit 8 at 100kg so the week off and the holiday food/drink definitely took a toll. Got to get up to 120kg tonight but I'm still aching so God knows what will happen.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: September 29, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »

I'm 5 weeks away from a 1RM attempt so in to the low volume stuff now. Reps for the next 5 Saturdays are 2, 3, 2, 4 and then the singles

I missed last Saturday as I was on holiday but the week before was a solid 8 at 115kg all paused. In the week I'm getting to about 10 at 100kg but Saturday always seems so much better.

Trained yesterday and struggled to hit 8 at 100kg so the week off and the holiday food/drink definitely took a toll. Got to get up to 120kg tonight but I'm still aching so God knows what will happen.

Doing some more strength stuff as well as conditioning ..back on the bench too..currently doing clusters which are two reps 15 sec rest for 4 sets so 8 reps in total.... 110kg this week..were going up pretty smooth..working on lat stregth as well as my pull ups are literally embarrassing.. as well as the usual conditioning madness Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: September 29, 2021, 10:47:45 PM »

Done nothing since last time I went in Dorch, bar a bit at home.

Been keeping my weight steady, and still ~ 14 1/2 stone, even without tracking macros or doing much.

Planning to drop back to <14st, and try to get a solid couple months under my belt before Xmas.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: October 02, 2021, 09:06:24 PM »

Big session today hitting doubles on the bench for paused reps.

Just failed first attempt at 140kg but tried again and managed to hit it.

Had to do 15 reps at 120kg for volume and managed 3 x 5 which was flat out

Went on to slingshot singles and got up to 160kg for 1 rep then tried it again and failed. I was complete toast at that point to be honest.

My mate hit 170kg for his double and had 2 failed attempts at 200kg with the slingshot. He got both off the chest but couldn't quite lock it out. Insane amount of weight that!!!

4 weeks to 1RM day and I'm hoping for 145 or maybe 150. Mate wants 180. Feeling reasonably confident after today but it's still going to be really tough. Without the pause I think I'd hit it relatively easily but that pause no matter how short makes it so much tougher.

Back to training 5 days a week now and loving it. Hitting bench 3 times per week which is contributing hugely to the progress.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: October 02, 2021, 09:11:12 PM »

Doing some more strength stuff as well as conditioning ..back on the bench too..currently doing clusters which are two reps 15 sec rest for 4 sets so 8 reps in total.... 110kg this week..were going up pretty smooth..working on lat stregth as well as my pull ups are literally embarrassing.. as well as the usual conditioning madness Smiley

Hope you do another bench 1RM program sometime soon. Would be interesting to see how far you can get after smashing it last time.

Pull ups have always been my number one favourite exercise but sadly I've had to give up on them as I keep getting tendon injuries every time I try. One of the best lifts there is for strength in my opinion especially if you start adding a bit of weight. Doesn't matter how much you squat, bench or deadlift if you can do a solid set of 12 perfect form wide grip pull ups that's far more impressive in my opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: