blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 GTD at DTD Day Two
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max £250,000 GTD at DTD Day Two  (Read 50909 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 05:33:27 PM »

In my few hours at the table yesterday, I sat to the right of a young lad called Tom Haney. His mom and dad (DTD regs) railed him the entire day. He was considered, calm, thoughtful without taking the mickey and fearsomely accurate in calling people's hands. In other words, a flipping PITA to have to your left in a £500 comp.

He's just doubled up to about 100k QQ > 33 (one of those 2,4,5 scary boards...)

I just had a chat with his father, himself a former Grand Prix winner. Tom has just turned 18 and has cashed in two events already, the second of which was a fourth in a £300 deepstack, here at DTD for £2,100 earlier this month. Must be nice. He has played in home games since he was 7 years old. Now working with Paul Jackson and can count Sam Trickett as a friend. This may not just be a kid for the future, but one for the present.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »

Apologies for the lack of specific hand updates. It's been one of those days where you walk around and see nothing but raises and folds, while "Lost one" rings in the distance.

A break coming up now, too. With a bit of luck, we can bring you some more action when the players return.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 05:39:48 PM »

96 left at the break, 47 paid

another 7 one hour levels to play today

will get some leading chip stacks after the break

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »

Payout

1 £60,000
2 £36,000
3 £24,000
4 £16,250
5 £12,000
6 £9,000
7 £7,500
8 £6,250
9-10 £5,000
11-12 £4,000
13-18 £3,250
19-24 £2,500
25-30 £2,000
31-36 £1,500
37-42 £1,250
43-47 £1,000

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 06:05:44 PM »

The atmosphere here is building, as the cash games grow and the evening players arrive. Now that we are down to double figures, there is a sense that some folks are clock-watching and hoping for either a big hand or none at all. It'll be interesting to see how long the bubble lasts when it comes. The big stacks will be hoping ages. Gobble gobble. 

Neil Channing reports in the break that he is on a table where everyone is below average. He's focusing on finding the spots and the value.

Click to see full-size image.

No idea why he called me Kitty.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »

Table 35 looks something like this:

35   1   Ben Oliver Miller
35   2   Lewis Robb
35   3   George Devine
35   4   Leon Campbell
35   5   Richard Blacklock
35   6   Jonathan Denton

I arrive with a flop of  and a pot between Lewis Robb and Leon Campbell. Robb check-calls 16k.

Turn is  and they check to the river of  . Another pair of checks and Campbell's  wins.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 06:43:18 PM »

It quickly becomes apparent that Campbell isn't a man who relinquishes chips happily. His initial raise of 12k UTG is called by the big blind, George Devine. With a starting board of , Devine check-raises from 13 to 29. After a dwell, Campbell decides he is probably behind. He dwells more. You never know. Ok, you win this round, but I'm going to be taking this out on someone.

You know those moments in the horror films where one of the characters steps into the baddie's lair and accidentally leans on a trap door activating bookcase, awakening the beast? Well, the very next hand, Richard "Eso Kral" Blacklock opens under the gun to 14k. Blacklock is getting a massage from a girl who looks visibly tiring at the challenge before her. No idea how long she's been working those shoulders, but there's another girl nearby, possibly about to tag in. I can only imagine Eso needs to come 3rd or better to break even.

Anyway, back to my metaphor: Eso raises and Campbell makes it 38k to go. Campbell is stoic and mechanical in dark shades. I can't get a read on Eso but the massage girl grabs a chair to stand on so she can make some progress on his tightening trapezia. They see a flop of  . Eso stares.

Check check.

Campbell now leads 40k. Eso stares some more. The massage girl breaks through her patient's ripping muscles, which I take to be advanced notice of what comes, as Eso folds. He has about 450k by my eyes.   

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »

With 80 left at 3,000-6,000 and average 320,000

the ten chip leaders all with double average and more are

Leo McClean
Hamid Togyhan
Tom Kuglestadt
Leon Campbell
Rana Gurnam
Tim Wright
matthew noble
matthew cartwright
Ian Gwynne
Leo Worthington-leese

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2015, 07:12:15 PM »

I have been off to have a look at table 14, where Tim Chung tells me he's lost a flip (which I find hard to believe. He loses flips about as frequently as I dance at weddings). Then he tells me he lost it to Brandon Shiels, which I confess does add some credibility to the story.

Folded round to Chung on the button, he opens to 15k and snaps when the big blind shoves, putting Chung's 90-odd thousand at risk.

James Lee: 
Chung: 

I make Lee about 20% from here. Not one of the Skybet folk will lay me a penny. Referred to trader my eye.

and the overkill on the river doubles Chung up to 197k.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2015, 07:15:19 PM »

Meanwhile, Handsome Paul Ephremsen continues his steady progress, with a solid 600k stack. Tom Haney has just lost with AA v 55, played down to the river, after a 5 pinged on the flop and all the draws missed. He is back on 160k and needs some assistance.

Does anyone have any requests for chipstacks, emotions, character assassinations or badinage? Pipe up while I'm still here, please. 

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 07:22:22 PM »

Neil Channing is out, having lost a flip to Greek Jack. Neil's tens were called by KQ and bad stuff happened from there.

Anyone else have Callum Wilson in their dream team, by the way?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:25:02 PM by Tal » Logged

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 07:26:05 PM »

How is Raggy doing Tal, got my goals galore up 90th minute Accrington Stanley to secure it

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »

Has Eso's massage finished and is it on the stake?

How many chips has Eso got?

How many off the bubble are we?

When does the next Candidates Championship start?

PS I impressed one of my golfing friends from Sheffield with my chess knowledge ( 90% of which is gleaned from you) on Thursday who politely enquired "oh do you play?".

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 07:30:53 PM »

How is Raggy doing Tal, got my goals galore up 90th minute Accrington Stanley to secure it

Accrington Stanley?

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »

The Rook was my fav Chess Piece, Wrong thread just saying as Tal will be free rolling Chess convo for the next hour Smiley

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: