blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Idiot and His Cat: A Diary
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Idiot and His Cat: A Diary  (Read 35212 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2015, 05:45:38 PM »

Plus, cats kill an estimated 55 million, (yes million) birds a year. They don't eat them, they just kill them.

They don't do it because they are evil, they do it because they are still virtually wild animals and they are just following their instincts.

If we're going to keep cats as pets, we need to domesticate them properly.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »

Please don't hate me blonde cat lovers.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »

Dogs kill people sometimes.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2015, 07:23:58 PM »

And who has the job of counting 55 million birds?

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2015, 07:28:51 PM »

Please don't hate me blonde cat lovers.
Too late
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

He seems to have forgotten who I am - not been home for a couple of days -- and now no amount of me feeding him or playing with him seems to make him unafraid of me.

Ideas?

Just give it time. Will soon come around
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2015, 07:36:34 PM »

Dogs kill people sometimes.

That's true. People also get shot in Nando's.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/man-arrested-over-nandos-shooting-6330783.html

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »

Lol, wasn't even an argument over chicken wings.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »

Plus, cats kill an estimated 55 million, (yes million) birds a year. They don't eat them, they just kill them.

They don't do it because they are evil, they do it because they are still virtually wild animals and they are just following their instincts.

My Bengal cat killed a pigeon on Saturday afternoon. She sat in the middle of the lawn surrounded by feathers proudly munching on the torso. When I wrestled the dead bird from her claws I noticed that it was full of undigested grain. Quite interesting I thought Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2015, 08:44:28 PM »

My Bengal cat killed a pigeon on Saturday afternoon. She sat in the middle of the lawn surrounded by feathers proudly munching on the torso. When I wrestled the dead bird from her claws I noticed that it was full of undigested grain. Quite interesting I thought Smiley

Pigeons are often full of seed or grain. They can't digest it in their stomach so they hold it in a special neck pouch called a crop where it gets ground up by rubbing together with grit that the bird has swallowed for the purpose.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:19 PM »

Pigeons are often full of seed or grain. They can't digest it in their stomach so they hold it in a special neck pouch called a crop where it gets ground up by rubbing together with grit that the bird has swallowed for the purpose.

Well I never knew that. Thanks Tom just as I was getting concerned that I haven't learned anything new today you come along and BAM. Wink

Ah! The element of surprise
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »

Evening Tom

More importantly, what else is crapping in my garden?

I am used to the neighbours cats leaving presents in my garden (must return the favour one day).  At the weekend I found 5 big piles of poo whilst mowing the front lawn.  They looked to be dog size, but it seems unlikely a neighbour would start letting their dog do this, so I thought maybe a fox?  My first impression was definitely dog. Looking closely at them they definitely looked to be grassy in composition.  I'd say each pile had 4 or 5 decent sized poos.  I expect it would have to be a huge cat to do this.  We live near some woods if that helps. 

Up until this week, I have never seen piles of poo of that size in my garden.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »

Foxes definitely do their business in the same place regularly until encouraged to move - often dig a decent sized hole or trench too

sola virtus nobilitat
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »

Evening Tom

I am used to the neighbours cats leaving presents in my garden (must return the favour one day).  At the weekend I found 5 big piles of poo whilst mowing the front lawn.  They looked to be dog size, but it seems unlikely a neighbour would start letting their dog do this, so I thought maybe a fox?  My first impression was definitely dog. Looking closely at them they definitely looked to be grassy in composition.  I'd say each pile had 4 or 5 decent sized poos.  I expect it would have to be a huge cat to do this.  We live near some woods if that helps. 

my absolute non-expert opinion has plumped for 'pine marten'. 

so there's something you can rule out Cheesy
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2015, 09:36:06 PM »

Evening Tom

Almost definitely fox or badger. Fox scat is usually quite a dark colour and if you look closely, you may see small bones, feathers or fur.

Also, fox crap is incredibly smelly. Much more so than that of a badger. When your dog comes back to you smelling like Satan's toilet brush, you can bet he's been rolling in fox poop.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: