blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Idiot and His Cat: A Diary
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Idiot and His Cat: A Diary  (Read 35213 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »

As for  name, those beginning with S or t are good for cats, they recognise the sounds apparently.

Wouldn't worry about cleaning the ears, Cats wash themselves and can be very particular about where they are touched. You will soon find out when 'petting' a cat as it will likely bite/scratch you when you touch them somewhere they do not want to be touched.

Worming tablet, in addition to flea control is usually good. We get ours from the vet, they seem to work much better than the shop bought stuff.

We had two cats called spot and Trevor.  We found one getting tortured by kids on a campsite.  They were throwing it in the paddling pool over and over.  He had a big spot on him, and Spot the Cat was amusing to a bunch of kids.  One of my mates reckoned all cats answer to Trevor , so the 2nd one was Trevor.  It was abandoned too, but we picked it at a rescue centre.  My mum still goes on about how much she disliked having to shout "Trevor" from the door at night to get him in. 

Toon obviously a good name, but bet he'll come if you shout Trevor.

We've had our cat 16 years, called Tigger. Mrs named him obv. We never had cats or dogs when I was growing up as my parents hated them. Mrs grew up with cats, most of em called Tigger or Sammy..lol

We also get the flea drops and worming tablets from the Vet. Mrs says the ones from the vet are far more effective than anything you get in pet shops.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 09:30:02 PM »

You don't look like I thought you looked like. I don't know what I thought you looked like.

You look a bit like longy though.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 09:33:47 PM »

Agree.

He definitely does not look like a person who writes like him should.

For a start, his hair is all wrong.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 10:48:57 PM »

Agree.

You don't look like I thought you looked like. I don't know what I thought you looked like.

Will wildly assume these are both compliments Cheesy

Good news: toon watched his first nufc match.
Bad news: he showed as much interest in it as the nufc players did.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 12:59:56 AM »

I knew what Mulhuzz looked like. But i never would have thought that longy looked like Mulhuzz. Strange that.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 08:48:28 AM »

I knew what Mulhuzz looked like. But i never would have thought that longy looked like Mulhuzz. Strange that.

He is a dead ringer for Longy, actually.

Then again, Longy does not look like he should.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 08:49:52 AM »

Agree.

Will wildly assume these are both compliments Cheesy

Good news: toon watched his first nufc match.
Bad news: he showed as much interest in it as the nufc players did.

Not sure about that.

It was a great photo though, really, & I'm very much enjoying this Diary.

Is Toon speaking Luxembourgish yet?

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:30 AM »

Have Longy and Mulhuzz ever been seen in the same room together though?

A bit like you and Bobalike.

Forum multi accounting at its finest imo

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:41 AM »

Can you tell us how you came to to be living out there, was there any particular reason a Newcastle lad ended up in that part of the world?

Will you ever come back to the UK?

What do you do by way of work?

Just swerve if they are to personal. People, & their stories, are so interesting.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »

Unlikely - I've met Longy, & he speaks properly, so he can't be a Newcastle lad.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »

Can you tell us how you came to to be living out there, was there any particular reason a Newcastle lad ended up in that part of the world?

Will you ever come back to the UK?

What do you do by way of work?

Just swerve if they are to personal. People, & their stories, are so interesting.

I moved to Prague in July last year because the company I was working for in the UK bought a company out here to expand into the European market (specifically Germany, France and Benelux to start). I got that started up a bit but realised I wanted a bit more than working in a mostly pure sales environment.

As chance would happen I got talking to a guy who works in an adjacent office and he basically offered me the chance to come work with him at a company who produces Hard Drives - I won't name them, but you'll definitely know them. Absolute market leader world wide.

I've been here since April and am working in 'Channel Marketing' for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It's a lot of fun with a great deal of convincing and negotiating and trying to max that ROI number!

Whether I'll ever come back to the UK I don't know.  I've moved around a fair bit, living in Germany, Austria and Gibraltar before now finally the Czech Republic. My parents have more or less lived in the same place all my life but always encouraged my brother and I to travel, so he lives in Brazil and I live here. I imagine if I moved again it would be to Germany or Holland a or possibly Bali,  for now though I'm loving here and wouldn't be surprised to see myself here in 5 years.

In general though I've never been one for making long term plans. Here is great, when or if it stops being great I'll move on!

As for Toon, he speaks about as much Luxembourgish as I do. I'm trying to learn but without Jil knowing. As you can imagine, that makes learning difficult when you immediately ignore the most obvious teacher! And probably improving my Czech should be the priority really - Jil and I can already communicate in 4 languages, do we really need a fifth? It would be nice, but something for the future maybe.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 08:39:29 PM »

Today I learned:

Cats growl?

Good luck trying to wrestle his toys from him...
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 11:11:45 AM »

Unlikely - I've met Longy, & he speaks properly, so he can't be a Newcastle lad.

A bit more like me a Celtic then, obviously I'm the one who speaks proper in this lookalike partnership

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »

I was always a dog person as a youngster and was never really taken by cats at all but about 5 years ago that all changed when we bought a couple of cats for the kids. We are now owned by these cats! Don't be fooled in to believing you own a cat now, this will never be the case.

Ah! The element of surprise
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »

I was always a dog person as a youngster and was never really taken by cats at all but about 5 years ago that all changed when we bought a couple of cats for the kids. We are now owned by these cats! Don't be fooled in to believing you own a cat now, this will never be the case.

Yeah, a friend's cats are delightfully known as 'the sleeper cell' because eventually they will take over the world. They already run her apartment Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: