blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:04:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401737 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: May 12, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »

You've not mentioned Silva in your summary of the Palace game. How good was he? I'm still purring - if anything he is getting better and better.

Nice one about securing Value Gold.  If you don't like the location you can always move to one of the empty seats  Wink
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 12, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »

You've not mentioned Silva in your summary of the Palace game. How good was he? I'm still purring - if anything he is getting better and better.

Nice one about securing Value Gold.  If you don't like the location you can always move to one of the empty seats  Wink

Seems churlish to mention him cos he's just class every game Smiley an absolute genius with the football and long may his immense skills remain in Manchester. He might be the wrong side of 30 (fuck sake, that applies to yours truly now!) but his game has never been about pace (you don't need to be quick when you have the sharpest footballing brain in the league) so I'm hoping he can prosper for a good few years yet. Maybe even become Pirlo-esque and drop a bit deeper as he gets older.

Yeah tbh I'm fully expecting at least a row to myself, maybe even a full block, cos its the Emptyhad innit and we can't sell out our council house.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 12, 2017, 08:01:27 PM »

Just that, Watford away guys?

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 13, 2017, 12:16:16 PM »

Gotta go to work so missing todays game Sad

Saw this article linked over on Blue Moon, quite a decent and balanced read tbf. Don't agree with it all but its well written and put forward. What they don't pick up on is that by missing out on Pep, post Mancini, essentially set us back 3 years; Pellers was always a steadying ship stop gap before we could come back in for Guardiola. Ironically one of the clubs finest moments (QPR 93.20) meant that we initially missed out on snagging one of the worlds best managers first time around. But good things come to those who wait....

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/13/why-havent-manchester-city-become-the-super-club-they-should-be-6631571/

Oh, and happy 5 year anniversary for Agueroooooooooooooo. The look on Phil Jones' face still amuses me all these years later Smiley

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 14, 2017, 07:51:25 PM »

I'm wearing sunglasses on Tuesday Sad

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pablo-zabaleta-man-city-news-13031033

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 14, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »

Saw this article linked over on Blue Moon, quite a decent and balanced read tbf. Don't agree with it all but its well written and put forward. What they don't pick up on is that by missing out on Pep, post Mancini, essentially set us back 3 years; Pellers was always a steadying ship stop gap before we could come back in for Guardiola. Ironically one of the clubs finest moments (QPR 93.20) meant that we initially missed out on snagging one of the worlds best managers first time around. But good things come to those who wait....

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/13/why-havent-manchester-city-become-the-super-club-they-should-be-6631571/

Oh, and happy 5 year anniversary for Agueroooooooooooooo. The look on Phil Jones' face still amuses me all these years later Smiley

The narrative in that article about City in  13/14 is a load of *******

After losing 4 of our 1st 11 games  we won 21 drew 4 and lost 2 from our next 27 and finished up with the 2nd highest goal difference in the PL era.   I don't think that is  "stumbling over the line "  Smiley
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 14, 2017, 10:19:17 PM »

I'm not sure  if the outside football world are aware of the love for Zaba at City.  The words of his song are perfect.

Last game for YaYa as well? And maybe even Kun.  Sad
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 14, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »

The narrative in that article about City in  13/14 is a load of *******

After losing 4 of our 1st 11 games  we won 21 drew 4 and lost 2 from our next 27 and finished up with the 2nd highest goal difference in the PL era.   I don't think that is  "stumbling over the line "  Smiley

Yeah my instincts upon reading it were that we didn't stumble over the line whatsoever, but didn't bother to look at the actual results cos I'm a lazy twat.

Very fond memories from that run in; I was in Vegas the week that Liverpool blew their 3 goal lead at Palace, followed by us battering Villa (although typical City not scoring until the 65th min!) to put us firmly in the driving seat for the title. The scenes in Blondies bar in Planet Hollywood when Gayle made it 3-3, still makes me smile now Smiley

Edit....just seen the Silva goal again, not sure there is anything wrong with it tbh. Is Sterling even offside?

Double edit....the agenda at BBC/MOTD is real; Bravo wasn't even nominated for save of the season.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:42:36 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 16, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »

Samir Nasri: OUT Wilfried Bony: OUT Sergio Aguero: ? Pep Guardiola's huge summer clear-out http://dailym.ai/2rbrHf0

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 17, 2017, 01:02:01 AM »

Samir Nasri: OUT Wilfried Bony: OUT Sergio Aguero: ? Pep Guardiola's huge summer clear-out http://dailym.ai/2rbrHf0

Think Aguero might have had a point to prove tonight. He was fantastic; excellent link up play, really put a shift in, and on another day could've had a goal or 2. Worked really well being flanked by Sane and Jesus, and I'd like to think that is how we'll line up next season as the first choice attacking trio. You just never know with Pep though, and he's not afraid of ruffling a few feathers. I still think it would be madness to move him on though.

3-1 really flattered WBA. 7-0 would've flattered them in all honesty. They are clearly on the beach already, and our attacking prowess was far far too much for them to handle.

It sounds arrogant, especially considering we could still finish 5th, but I think we could piss the league next season. It's a big summer for the club. No international tournament distractions, a number of older senior players coming to the end of their contracts. Whilst I don't think we need a clearout, some players have obviously come to the end of the road with City. As long as we get the right players in the right positions, and Pep with a years experience of England under his belt, I just think the league is possibly there for the taking next year.

Thank you Zabaleta.....he was crap when he came on tonight though Wink

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 17, 2017, 10:17:03 AM »

Think Aguero might have had a point to prove tonight. He was fantastic; excellent link up play, really put a shift in, and on another day could've had a goal or 2. Worked really well being flanked by Sane and Jesus, and I'd like to think that is how we'll line up next season as the first choice attacking trio. You just never know with Pep though, and he's not afraid of ruffling a few feathers. I still think it would be madness to move him on though.

3-1 really flattered WBA. 7-0 would've flattered them in all honesty. They are clearly on the beach already, and our attacking prowess was far far too much for them to handle.

It sounds arrogant, especially considering we could still finish 5th, but I think we could piss the league next season. It's a big summer for the club. No international tournament distractions, a number of older senior players coming to the end of their contracts. Whilst I don't think we need a clearout, some players have obviously come to the end of the road with City. As long as we get the right players in the right positions, and Pep with a years experience of England under his belt, I just think the league is possibly there for the taking next year.

Thank you Zabaleta.....he was crap when he came on tonight though Wink

What a great night. The final score did take a bit of the gloss off it for me tho in terms of goal difference and 3rd place when we could have so easily gone on to win by 4 or 5. I would have liked the security of the draw at Watford but GD might not be enough now if Liverpool win by 3 against Boro. Then there is Arsenal for 4th - City lose 1-0 and Arsenal win 4-0 against Everton Smiley Time to lay that 1.01.....

Agree with you totally about Aguero by the way. Sterling will be an integral part of it as well with the different permutations.

See we are early favorites, just, for the title next year. It cant happen tho because Gary Neville said so..

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:19:10 AM by Archer » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 24, 2017, 09:03:13 AM »

Man City players convinced Sanchez and Walker are done deals

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-stars-confident-transfers-10484573

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 24, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »

There is absolutely zero chance we sell Alexis to an English club if indeed we sell him at all.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 24, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »

Journalism at its finest. Can we expect one of these every day Tighty? Wink

FWIW I think the Sanchez deal is a potential goer, what with Pep's history with the player, the sticking point is gonna be getting Arsenal to sell. Might need Sanchez to push this move through....

Not sure on Walker, it looks like he is leaving but I struggle to see us slinging £50m into Levy's pockets for him, especially when we're sniffing round Monaco's right back Fabinho, who is younger, better, more versatile and half the price of Walker.

Best Bitter.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 25, 2017, 12:11:00 AM »

Journalism at its finest. Can we expect one of these every day Tighty? Wink

FWIW I think the Sanchez deal is a potential goer, what with Pep's history with the player, the sticking point is gonna be getting Arsenal to sell. Might need Sanchez to push this move through....

Not sure on Walker, it looks like he is leaving but I struggle to see us slinging £50m into Levy's pockets for him, especially when we're sniffing round Monaco's right back Fabinho, who is younger, better, more versatile and half the price of Walker.

Not even sure Walker is the best right back at Spurs.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: