blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401577 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: April 28, 2017, 05:58:03 PM »

A draw does them no favours whatsoever yet only one team was interested in trying to play football and win the game.

This is true. Reminded me of the Champions League semi final last year. One of the biggest games in City's history, they go 1-0 down are were content to just see the game out and not get embarrassed. No shame in knowing and accepting your place in the pecking order.

I heard this 'a draw does them no favours' last night.  What a load of tosh.  Both teams are now totally in control of their own density for a top 4 spot if they both win out for the remainder of the season.    Manure would have took that spot all day along a few weeks ago.  

united have 3 consecutive away games after Sunday; Arsenal, Spuds, Southampton. They really should have been looking for 3 points last night.

Edit....you're right with the bit you added. Maureen will be delighted not to have lost to Pep. I'm guessing he's putting all his CL qualification eggs in the Europa League basket. A great time to play City; on the back of a tough, draining 120 minutes vs Arsenal and our key defender still returning to full fitness (and 'lolbravo' in goal)  yet they had no interest in trying to score, or even getting out their own half in the 2nd period.

Does Mourinho value not losing to Pep higher than finishing in the top 4?

United have avg a game every 3 and a half days this month, have 3 first choice centre backs injured, their top goal scorer and their player of the season. Don't think coming out all guns blazing, playing into City's hands, was ever going to be on the agenda.

You guys play 5 at the back this season?

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 28, 2017, 11:28:49 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 29, 2017, 10:24:08 AM »

Smiley

I know you wanna save face on a forum, but (sadly) I know a lot of united fans and most of them were dismayed at the 'performance' on Thursday. I don't think anyone was expecting an all guns blazing approach as that would be foolish, but to have zero desire or ambition to even try to win the game, particularly in the 2nd half where I believe you had 7 touches in our final 3rd, really didn't sit well with the ones I've spoke to.

''The united way''

Best Bitter.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 29, 2017, 10:44:52 AM »

A draw does them no favours whatsoever yet only one team was interested in trying to play football and win the game.

This is true. Reminded me of the Champions League semi final last year. One of the biggest games in City's history, they go 1-0 down are were content to just see the game out and not get embarrassed. No shame in knowing and accepting your place in the pecking order.

I heard this 'a draw does them no favours' last night.  What a load of tosh.  Both teams are now totally in control of their own density for a top 4 spot if they both win out for the remainder of the season.    Manure would have took that spot all day along a few weeks ago.  Jose will be over the moon with a point last night imo.

Draw probably a good result for Arsenal & Liverpool as a point has been lost from the top 6
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 29, 2017, 11:07:40 AM »

I heard this 'a draw does them no favours' last night.  What a load of tosh.  Both teams are now totally in control of their own density for a top 4 spot if they both win out for the remainder of the season.    Manure would have took that spot all day along a few weeks ago.  Jose will be over the moon with a point last night imo.

Draw probably a good result for Arsenal & Liverpool as a point has been lost from the top 6

Notionally a great result for Arse ahead of the NLD..hope they prove me wrong but anticipate 3-4 goal carnage when the spuds put us to the sword

sola virtus nobilitat
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 29, 2017, 11:15:38 AM »

Notionally a great result for Arse ahead of the NLD..hope they prove me wrong but anticipate 3-4 goal carnage when the spuds put us to the sword

With Arsenal still having to play united I'd say the draw was excellent for the gooners.

Arb might think it's ''tosh'' but I maintain a draw on Thursday did united no favours whatsoever.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 30, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »

As I said the other day, Rashford is straight out the Rooney school of diving and cheating.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 30, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »

As I said the other day, Rashford is straight out the Rooney school of diving and cheating.

Good job you boys are above that, and don't tolerate players carrying on in that fashion Smiley

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 30, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »

Good job you boys are above that, and don't tolerate players carrying on in that fashion Smiley

I'll reserve judgement on our penalty until I've watched MOTD2 tonight Wink

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 30, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »

Never been known.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 30, 2017, 07:34:52 PM »

Haha that first pic vs Southampton was amusing/ridiculous.

Fonte got up and immediately pointed to the turf just outside the box, basically saying that he fouled him there and not in the box. Essentially admitting his guilt at bringing Aguero down. So what does the ref do? Books Sergio for diving! The defender outs himself yet the ref still dishes out a yellow card for Aguero. You couldn't make this shit up Smiley

Aguero is a weird one. Undoubtedly he sometimes makes the most of situations to earn penalties, many other times he stays on his feet when he really should be going to ground after firm/wild contact.

I guess the classic case when he could've gone down but stayed on his feet was vs QPR, 93rd minute, 2012........

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 30, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »

Haha that first pic vs Southampton was amusing/ridiculous.

Fonte got up and immediately pointed to the turf just outside the box, basically saying that he fouled him there and not in the box. Essentially admitting his guilt at bringing Aguero down. So what does the ref do? Books Sergio for diving! The defender outs himself yet the ref still dishes out a yellow card for Aguero. You couldn't make this shit up Smiley

Aguero is a weird one. Undoubtedly he sometimes makes the most of situations to earn penalties, many other times he stays on his feet when he really should be going to ground after firm/wild contact.

I guess the classic case when he could've gone down but stayed on his feet was vs QPR, 93rd minute, 2012........

Like most footballers then.

He will do whatever he thinks will serve him best in the moment.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 02, 2017, 10:52:32 PM »

Can't wait for the scramble of trying to snag a value gold season card (£299) on Thursday....all the way from Santorini! It can't be any more of a farce than last year at least.

4am train to Manchester airport, better go pack. Look forward to a few Greek beers whilst watching City in a beach bar on Saturday afternoon.

Play nice Wink

Best Bitter.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 02, 2017, 11:44:45 PM »

Come on Sergio, shake it off son. Fantasy Premier League is getting tight!!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:48 AM »

Only watched it in a Greek bar but Saturday was very enjoyable. We'd been threatening for a while to put a few past someone, and I guess Palace, with their defensive injuries and good options going forward leaving plenty of space in behind, were the perfect candidates. It all fell into place in the 2nd half and for once our dominance on the ball was rewarded with a few goals. Despite losing 5-0, they still gave us a much better game than united!

Managed to sort a 'value gold' season ticket for next year. I don't get to choose the seat but for £299 you can't really go wrong, plus it can't be worse than the seat I'm in now. Last season they allocated me a seat close to the dugouts worth £720, so fingers crossed for something similar next season. I can't make every game so even if I miss 30/40% of home ties, under 300 quid still represents good value for what is mostly top class football produced by some of the leagues finest players.

Oh, and Santorini is amazing! Stunning place, don't hesitate to go should the chance arise.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: