blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:04:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402287 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: May 27, 2017, 10:59:15 AM »

More than half of the 15 most expensive all-time buys by English clubs have been by Man City (8/15), whatever Bernardo Silva cost.

Aguero pound for pound the best value here?

With the benefit of hindsight, how bad a buy does Andy Carroll look at £35 milly?

Somewhat offset by the purchase of Suarez for ~£20M during the same window I'd say.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 27, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-transfer-bernando-silva-monaco-jose-mourinho-not-kylian-mbappe-a7714031.html

Luckily they never really wanted him, and he's not actually that good, plus he wouldn't fit in a Maureen team, and if he picked City over united then united's interest can't have been firm cos no footballer on this planet chooses to play for little City over the theatre of dreams, right?

Welcome to Manchester, Silva.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 27, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »

jamesrobson at the MEN reports

Guardiola has been given a £300m transfer budget to bring in six major signings this summer

Bernardo Silva is the start of a major overhaul. City still want Alexis Sanchez and maintain desire to keep hold of Aguero

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 27, 2017, 01:26:23 PM »

I always quite fancied Jennifer Anniston.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 27, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »

I always quite fancied Jennifer Anniston.

Unlucky for you, cos she has her eyes on Wenger. She likes the idea of fortnightly long weekend trips to Gent, Krasnodar and Astana.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 29, 2017, 08:11:25 AM »

Manchester City set to pay world record £34.9m for goalkeeper Ederson.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/28/manchester-city-world-record-goalkeeper-ederson-benfica?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 11, 2017, 12:06:26 AM »

Welcome to Manchester, Sanchez?

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 20, 2017, 12:04:53 AM »

Looks like Alves will be confirmed tomorrow. Reading a deal with his agent has been agreed and he'll move to City on a 2 year contract, free transfer.

Excellent bit of business....hope I haven't bokked it though!

With strong rumours still circulating around Sanchez (hi Ralph), Walker, Mendy and Bertrand, we could have one hell of a squad next season. Exciting times.

Best Bitter.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 23, 2017, 12:48:59 AM »

Looks like Alves will be confirmed tomorrow. Reading a deal with his agent has been agreed and he'll move to City on a 2 year contract, free transfer.

With strong rumours still circulating around Sanchez (hi Ralph), Walker, Mendy and Bertrand, we could have one hell of a squad next season. Exciting times.

Spend it on extra special bubble wrap for Kompany, you look a different team with him fit and playing.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 23, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »

Spend it on extra special bubble wrap for Kompany, you look a different team with him fit and playing.

Completely agree. Keeping Vinny fit has to be a priority this coming season. The defence looks so much more settled and composed with him at the back, and whoever partners him immediately looks better.

He played 10 ish consecutive games in the run in, so fingers crossed the worst is behind him, but we've been in this position before only to have him break down again. Vinny will be desperate to play so fitness permitting I'd use him in most of the league games, all the CL games but rest him for the domestic cups.

There is talk of us getting another centre half in, I'm not sure that's needed but that is going on the assumption we can get 25/30 games out of him this season. We have others who can fill in there at the back (Fernandinho, Kolarov)

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 03, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »

Still the same names as main targets and hopefully the official announcements to start shortly, Sanchez excepted which will no doubt drag-on.  Then potentially others depending on movements out etc.

Did you get a good seat with your value gold?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 03, 2017, 04:17:43 PM »

Still the same names as main targets and hopefully the official announcements to start shortly, Sanchez excepted which will no doubt drag-on.  Then potentially others depending on movements out etc.

Confed cup and players going on holiday (the cheek of it) looks like its delaying things. Think some transfers are only a matter of time (Mendy) whereas others hang in the balance somewhat (Bertrand, Sanchez). We're in a sweet spot with Sanchez, Arsenal are effectively in a no win situation with him as its patently obvious he isn't gonna sign a new contract.

Yeah looks like I struck gold (no pun) with my seat; CB3, block 324 so the block between half way line and penalty area. Great, expansive view which I much prefer over being pitchside like I was last season. When you have Pep in charge, you need to see as much of the pitch as possible!

£299 to watch the football we dish up is an absolute joke. Could you imagine paying double or treble that to watch the dirge that Maureen orchestrates over in Salford? Smiley

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 03, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »

Still the same names as main targets and hopefully the official announcements to start shortly, Sanchez excepted which will no doubt drag-on.  Then potentially others depending on movements out etc.

Confed cup and players going on holiday (the cheek of it) looks like its delaying things. Think some transfers are only a matter of time (Mendy) whereas others hang in the balance somewhat (Bertrand, Sanchez). We're in a sweet spot with Sanchez, Arsenal are effectively in a no win situation with him as its patently obvious he isn't gonna sign a new contract.

Yeah looks like I struck gold (no pun) with my seat; CB3, block 324 so the block between half way line and penalty area. Great, expansive view which I much prefer over being pitchside like I was last season. When you have Pep in charge, you need to see as much of the pitch as possible!

£299 to watch the football we dish up is an absolute joke. Could you imagine paying double or treble that to watch the dirge that Maureen orchestrates over in Salford? Smiley

That seem remarkably cheap.

How many games does it include?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 03, 2017, 07:20:40 PM »

That seem remarkably cheap.

How many games does it include?

All home league games, so 19.

My calculator informs me it works out at £15.73 a game, which is incred value anyway but even more incred value given the players we have and the football we play.

Ideal for me as work scheduling/holidays mean making all 19 home games is a stretch too far, but even just attending 12 games equates to £25 per game (think I got to 13/14 last season from memory). When you think some match day tickets for the big games at Eastlands (Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool etc) can cost up to £60...... well you do the maths Smiley

If I know I can't attend a game then I either pass it on to a mate, or stick it on the 'City exchange' where if someone buys it, you then get the £££ value back as credit on the following years renewal.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 03, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »

That seems to be stunning value, especially considering the talent in that squad.

What would a similar ticket cost at, say;

Man Utd

Arsenal

Stoke City

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: