blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:02:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402323 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: July 12, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »

Seen a few raised eyebrows about the Mahrez transfer (including plenty from City fans), but this is a decent read as to why Pep wanted him and where he'll fit in.

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-clash-offers-clue-to-importance-of-mahrez

Mahrez has a bit of everything; pace, skill, can beat a man or split a defence, devastating on the counter, good finisher too. It's like the best things about Silva, Sane and Sterling all rolled into one player. If Pep can take him to the next level then that fee will look a snip.

He won't start every game, but hardly any players will (Ederson and KDB being the probable exceptions). Gives us incredible options and flexibility for those front 3 spots, and crucially he's fit and ready to go. He's a must for your fantasy football teams for at least the first few weeks of the new season.

I was ambivalent about Sanchez but love this signing. It follows on from the objective of having 2 players for each position. So choosing 3 from a front 6  of Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus and Bernardo is pretty mouthwatering. Very fortunate and excited to be watching it every week Smiley Plenty of minutes available for all of them as well if we get close to 60 games again.

Thought the article overly harsh on Bernardo. Thought he was mainly great in the 2nd half of the season.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 14, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »

Didn't want Jorginho anyway.

Best Bitter.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: July 14, 2018, 10:05:39 PM »

Seen a few raised eyebrows about the Mahrez transfer (including plenty from City fans), but this is a decent read as to why Pep wanted him and where he'll fit in.

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-clash-offers-clue-to-importance-of-mahrez

Mahrez has a bit of everything; pace, skill, can beat a man or split a defence, devastating on the counter, good finisher too. It's like the best things about Silva, Sane and Sterling all rolled into one player. If Pep can take him to the next level then that fee will look a snip.

He won't start every game, but hardly any players will (Ederson and KDB being the probable exceptions). Gives us incredible options and flexibility for those front 3 spots, and crucially he's fit and ready to go. He's a must for your fantasy football teams for at least the first few weeks of the new season.

I was ambivalent about Sanchez but love this signing. It follows on from the objective of having 2 players for each position. So choosing 3 from a front 6  of Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus and Bernardo is pretty mouthwatering. Very fortunate and excited to be watching it every week Smiley Plenty of minutes available for all of them as well if we get close to 60 games again.

Thought the article overly harsh on Bernardo. Thought he was mainly great in the 2nd half of the season.

Agree, having real depth and competition in each position should also push everyone on and prevent laziness
Mcbain11

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 16, 2018, 09:59:22 PM »

Mahrez is a phenomenal player. I'm amazed in the past 12  months there hasn't been bidding wars left right and centre for him. The big question now is who plays where? Mahrez possibly overtaking Sterling this season as the right sided attacking option?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: July 16, 2018, 10:53:35 PM »

The good thing (one of many!) about Mahrez is that we could play him pretty much anywhere in the final 3rd. He's not nailed down to a single position so its great for rotation.

Whilst I don't think anyones spot is particularly under threat (due to the sheer number of games we're likely to play), Sterling only has 2 years left on his contract and there is zero chance we let him go for free. Should the worst case scenario happen and we have to move him on further down the line, at least with Mahrez in the squad we're somewhat prepared should Raheem not put pen to paper.

I don't envy Pep having to pick, week in week out, any 3 of Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero and Bernardo. Hard life Smiley

Best Bitter.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: July 17, 2018, 10:12:03 AM »

Should be entertaining to watch Man City this season. They could potentially have 5+ players scoring over 10 goals in the league. Most teams are lucky to have 2 players with that kind of attacking threat.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: July 17, 2018, 02:32:37 PM »

I see Amazon have an "All or Nothing" series coming up for Man City.  Should be interesting.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: July 17, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »

I see Amazon have an "All or Nothing" series coming up for Man City.  Should be interesting.

Hopefully out next month. Fair to say that Amazon that picked quite a good season for it Smiley
£10 million for City as well.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: July 17, 2018, 03:23:50 PM »

Spoiler alert; it was ''All''.

Best Bitter.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: July 17, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »

No need to watch now Wink

Wonder if they're going to do it again this season.  I could Google I guess.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: July 17, 2018, 04:43:06 PM »

Just saved you 8 hours of your life Wink

I think it was a one off. And they just got massively lucky that it fell on the season that it did. I think it should make excellent viewing, be really interesting to go behind the scenes of a Pep managed club.

Am I right in thinking that when its released, all 8 episodes will be released simultaneously? And then I can sign up to the 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, watch it all then cancel? Smiley

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 17, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »

I think it was a one off. And they just got massively lucky that it fell on the season that it did. I think it should make excellent viewing, be really interesting to go behind the scenes of a Pep managed club.

Am I right in thinking that when its released, all 8 episodes will be released simultaneously? And then I can sign up to the 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, watch it all then cancel? Smiley

Probably better off just getting Amazon Prime, given all the content that's available through it.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 17, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »

Probably better off just getting Amazon Prime, given all the content that's available through it.

My bank account says otherwise Wink

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 17, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »

My bank account says otherwise Wink

I'd think it would say otherwise, over the course of 12 months Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 17, 2018, 05:05:29 PM »

Well, almost.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: