blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 400049 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: May 29, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »

I like Sane as a player but what kind of self indulgent imbecile gets a massive tattoo of himself on his back?   Ridiculous.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 29, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »

So Raheem thinks it's a fitting tribute to his murdered father to have an assault rifle tattooed onto his leg....

Surely there are a million better ways to ink a tribute to your deceased father? And there's nobody in his inner circle that could point out the blindingly obvious insensitivity of his plan? It's also something of a surprise that Pep and/or the Club don't have some sort of input before a star player shows off his latest tatt to the media. Or am I just being too sensible?

He shoots with his right foot.

Incred this has made front page news. That shitrag the Sun seem very happy to run with ridiculous stories about Raheem. Nothing to do with him being black and from Jamaica though. Nope.

https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-raheem-sterling-the-sun-and-racist-attacks

Very much this. It boils my piss TBH but pleasing for once that Sterliing has had a fair bit of support in the media/social media.

Tweet of the day for me "I'm on the side of a 23-year-old man who donated to the victims of the Grenfell Tower disaster, donates to schools in Jamaica, does fine community work and uses his wealth to look after his mum"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 29, 2018, 09:20:04 PM »

Surprised it made the news, given how painted up almost everyone in society is nowadays.

I don't see the big deal, but maybe I just don't care enough about things I maybe should.

Sane's tattoo, though. Crucial Cheesy

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 29, 2018, 09:28:13 PM »

I like Sane as a player but what kind of self indulgent imbecile gets a massive tattoo of himself on his back?   Ridiculous.

I have a tat of myself plastered all over my back.

A massive Yorkshire pudding.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: May 29, 2018, 09:31:10 PM »

I have a tat of myself plastered all over my back.

A massive Yorkshire pudding.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 29, 2018, 09:40:59 PM »

So Raheem thinks it's a fitting tribute to his murdered father to have an assault rifle tattooed onto his leg....

and his next artwork is going to be faces of all the girls he has battered.

Nice.

Do you have any links to details of "all the girls he has battered"?  
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 29, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »

What has Sterling done to The Sun? They really do hate him.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: May 29, 2018, 11:00:54 PM »

What has Sterling done to The Sun? They really do hate him.

Incredible isn't it?

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 30, 2018, 01:17:14 AM »

Not sure if it's just a running joke for them now. Comments from such articles you have posted usually had a mix of people defending Sterling and people slating him. Now it pretty much just seems like a huge wave of support for him from everyone. Hope he throws an absolute sick this summer and they have to plaster his image all over their back pages for the right reasons.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 30, 2018, 01:24:42 AM »

Ugh even Sky are at it now, absolute dickheads the lot of em.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 30, 2018, 08:17:16 AM »

Sun are outright trolling you now

Bluemoon is my favorite site for satire. Visit it most days for the lolz.   Wouldn't surprise me if the one about the two stabbings was written especially for the posters there.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: June 13, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »

Saw this on Twitter.

Manchester City have failed to reach an agreement with England winger Raheem Sterling over a new long-term deal. (Source: SkySports)

Quite surprised at that (if true).

Anyone know the background?

Sounds like he - or more likely his agent - is playing a dangerous game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: June 13, 2018, 06:25:25 PM »

No idea on the delay if indeed there is one

He is much more highly regarded abroad than he is here, would be no shortage of suitors if he went which I very highly doubt
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 13, 2018, 10:28:02 PM »

It's old news. It came out a while back that City weren't offering enough and his agent didn't want to enter talks again until after the WC. The same applies to Gabriel Jesus as well.
Still 2 years left on Sterling's contract so no big shakes at the moment. I'd be v surprised if it wasn't resolved but he has said in the past that he'd quite fancy playing abroad. You can hardly blame him  for that with  all the crap he gets here.

In the words of Guardiola, if he improved his finishing he would be one of the best players in the world. So highly regarded from where it matters. He was more integral to City's success last season by some distance than Sane in my book yet Sane is seemingly  widely regarded as been the better player by neutrals in this country.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 11, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »

Seen a few raised eyebrows about the Mahrez transfer (including plenty from City fans), but this is a decent read as to why Pep wanted him and where he'll fit in.

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-clash-offers-clue-to-importance-of-mahrez

Mahrez has a bit of everything; pace, skill, can beat a man or split a defence, devastating on the counter, good finisher too. It's like the best things about Silva, Sane and Sterling all rolled into one player. If Pep can take him to the next level then that fee will look a snip.

He won't start every game, but hardly any players will (Ederson and KDB being the probable exceptions). Gives us incredible options and flexibility for those front 3 spots, and crucially he's fit and ready to go. He's a must for your fantasy football teams for at least the first few weeks of the new season.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: