blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:30:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402030 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: July 17, 2018, 05:22:11 PM »

Good to see Hart reinstated to your squad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44859112

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 17, 2018, 05:31:38 PM »

I believe the term is ''shop window'' Wink

Think the club are trying to stay on good terms with him, but its no secret they want him gone. Trouble is, we can't shift him, and he still has a year left on his contract. Realistically he can only drop down to the Championship (can't think of any PL club that would want him), but he'd have to take a huge wage cut.

Quite the fall from grace, and largely his own making if you believe what you read.

Best Bitter.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 17, 2018, 05:42:53 PM »

Am I right in thinking that when its released, all 8 episodes will be released simultaneously? And then I can sign up to the 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, watch it all then cancel? Smiley

They do this with the NFL ones so I'd assume the City one will be the same.  You never know though as they could do it to drag people in.  You'll only have to wait until just over half have been released at the worst case though.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 17, 2018, 05:48:38 PM »

I see Amazon have an "All or Nothing" series coming up for Man City.  Should be interesting.

Spoiler alert; it was ''All''.

Well, almost.

Click to see full-size image.

2-2 if VAR was being used  Wink
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 17, 2018, 06:50:58 PM »

Am I right in thinking that when its released, all 8 episodes will be released simultaneously? And then I can sign up to the 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, watch it all then cancel? Smiley

They do this with the NFL ones so I'd assume the City one will be the same.  You never know though as they could do it to drag people in.  You'll only have to wait until just over half have been released at the worst case though.

Lots of ways getting Netflix and prime content for free.

A debrid account and an APK like terrarium is the nuts for films and tv
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 17, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »

Lots of ways getting Netflix and prime content for free.

A debrid account and an APK like terrarium is the nuts for films and tv

We only just got electricity in Yorkshire.

Baby steps.

Best Bitter.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 17, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »

Think the club are trying to stay on good terms with him, but its no secret they want him gone. Trouble is, we can't shift him, and he still has a year left on his contract. Realistically he can only drop down to the Championship (can't think of any PL club that would want him), but he'd have to take a huge wage cut.

Quite the fall from grace, and largely his own making if you believe what you read.

I never quite understood what happened to Hart, he was recognised as a top keeper for a bit (rightly or not) and then Pep came in and kicked him to the curb.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 17, 2018, 07:41:44 PM »

I never quite understood what happened to Hart, he was recognised as a top keeper for a bit (rightly or not) and then Pep came in and kicked him to the curb.

Head & Shoulders has a lot to answer for.

Best Bitter.
Mcbain11

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 17, 2018, 09:18:35 PM »

The good thing (one of many!) about Mahrez is that we could play him pretty much anywhere in the final 3rd. He's not nailed down to a single position so its great for rotation.

Whilst I don't think anyones spot is particularly under threat (due to the sheer number of games we're likely to play), Sterling only has 2 years left on his contract and there is zero chance we let him go for free. Should the worst case scenario happen and we have to move him on further down the line, at least with Mahrez in the squad we're somewhat prepared should Raheem not put pen to paper.

I don't envy Pep having to pick, week in week out, any 3 of Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero and Bernardo. Hard life Smiley

It's a hard life alright :-) The attacking play will be something else to watch from City this season. One who is flying under the radar in that sense is Mendy, who I think will be an absolute joy to watch from FB
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 17, 2018, 09:33:28 PM »

The good thing (one of many!) about Mahrez is that we could play him pretty much anywhere in the final 3rd. He's not nailed down to a single position so its great for rotation.

Whilst I don't think anyones spot is particularly under threat (due to the sheer number of games we're likely to play), Sterling only has 2 years left on his contract and there is zero chance we let him go for free. Should the worst case scenario happen and we have to move him on further down the line, at least with Mahrez in the squad we're somewhat prepared should Raheem not put pen to paper.

I don't envy Pep having to pick, week in week out, any 3 of Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero and Bernardo. Hard life Smiley

It's a hard life alright :-) The attacking play will be something else to watch from City this season. One who is flying under the radar in that sense is Mendy, who I think will be an absolute joy to watch from FB

I know he hardly played at the WC but I was still pretty impressed that he's part of the squad that has travelled to the States. Could've easily gone and sat on a beach for a couple of weeks but looks like he wants to be as fit as possible and hit the ground running.

He's a must for fantasy football teams; loves to get forward and has a wicked cross on him. Think he bagged a couple of assists last year in his first few games before he picked up his season ending injury.  Almost like a new signing for us and great to have him back.

Wouldn't be surprised to see City line up 3-5-2 on some occasions when we have a fully fit and available squad to choose from.

Best Bitter.
Mcbain11

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 17, 2018, 10:19:03 PM »

i think he can play as WB or as a FB in a 4. Incredible stamina and will be some watch this season. If they play 3 at the back though, the likes of Sterling and San will have to be benched at times or better themselves in much more central positions. Agree he could be a massive FF player yet.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 18, 2018, 08:14:54 AM »

I wonder if Mendy is fully fit yet, he was out injured all last season right? Who’s his competition for left back? Danilo?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: July 18, 2018, 06:24:46 PM »

I wonder if Mendy is fully fit yet, he was out injured all last season right? Who’s his competition for left back? Danilo?

He's fit but probably not match sharp. City only gave him a couple of cameos at the end of last season and he understandably looked pretty rusty after such a long, serious injury. Not really kicked a ball for France at the WC either. Probably why he's gone to America, good chance to get his fitness up to speed before August swings round.

Danilo (injured), Delph and Zinchenko (on the verge of going to Wolves) are the alternatives for LB. Laporte can also fill in there, and Sane has played the odd game as a LWB when we go 3-5-2. So we have options, but its a shame Danilo picked up an injury with Brazil as he ended the season strongly and his versatility is an asset.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 23, 2018, 12:27:33 PM »

I see Amazon have an "All or Nothing" series coming up for Man City.  Should be interesting.

Hopefully out next month. Fair to say that Amazon that picked quite a good season for it Smiley
£10 million for City as well.

Out on the 17th August.  A sample here:

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1021349208111034369
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 29, 2018, 10:18:15 AM »

Nice to wake up this morning to see that we beat Bayern Munich 3-2 late last night, after trailing 0-2.

Still using very makeshift teams but some of the kids have impressed on this US tour. They might well get a chance vs Chelsea next Sunday too as most of the squad are still away or just coming back.

Could be disjointed start to the season but overall it's hard not to be pretty optimistic for 2018/19. We're not gonna replicate last seasons antics, but I think we're still comfortably the best team in the league.

Hope this ankle injury to Mahrez is nothing too serious.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: