blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:06:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399950 times)
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: December 24, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »

Wondering when we will lift the trophy, away to Southampton last game or home to Huddersfield week before? Or maybe in March... Do the FA allow this if we are un catchable?

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 24, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »

Leaving car in York on wedensday H, train to Newcastle if u want to meet up?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 24, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »

Leaving car in York on wedensday H, train to Newcastle if u want to meet up?

Sadly I have the joyous double header of having to work a few hours and then seeing family I don't really like on the 27th, before I can escape for the match in the evening. Would've liked to have gone as well, pretty local fixture for me Sad though I won't miss the suspected heart failure on the way up to the away end!

Have a great one and cheer the boys to #18 (hopefully)

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 24, 2017, 03:43:09 PM »

No problem, I am getting the lift Smiley  Burnley and West Ham will complete my Premiership away grounds. But won't be doing Burnley this season so will be safe for next season. All booked and sorted for Basel now. 8 people have applied within our supporters club and we will get 4 for the game so big sweat on as I need 2. Still going though got Swiss Francs as they don't deal with euros which found strange as the hotel we booked converted it to Euros. Sure we will get in maybe in the Basel end if unsuccessful.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: December 26, 2017, 07:08:06 PM »

Watched Liverpool and Spurs today, really glad we are so well clear off them.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: December 27, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »

Scroll down here for some great sortable stats/analytics tables:

http://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/11/21/16687422/english-premier-league-advanced-statistics-xg

Unsurprisingly City bossing the xG/xGA/xGD numbers and Liverpool/Arsenal next best.

United have the worst numbers from the Big 6  by some distance and only marginally better than Palace. Roy to take over from Jose maybe?

Surprised Stoke are bottom of the tree because in xG terms they were pretty good last year.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 27, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »

Never doing the train again. Loads of City but no seats. David Silva back in Spain

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 27, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »

Mind the gap

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 28, 2017, 12:48:02 PM »

Decent away trip and first ever to Newcastle. Decided to drive up York then 3 stop to Newcastle. Crazy how you pay for tickets on a Virgin Train and not a single request for "Tickets Please" What a strange place to put a stadium right bank centre of shops and restaurants but was impressed but as atmosphere goes slightly disappointed. But huge Concourse and easy to get food and drink. Arrived back about 2.40 am M1 shut junction 28/27. Booked hotel for Dublin on route to Basel. Sweating on ticket allocation now.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 30, 2017, 09:30:43 AM »

this is a good article

Tactical review of 2017: Pep Guardiola reasserts his version of post-Cruyffianism

It took a while but the Manchester City manager has conquered England with a football that is not merely beautiful but also dominant. The question for 2018 is: can he now do it in Europe?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/dec/29/tactical-review-2017-pep-guardiola-manchester-city?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 30, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »

this is a good article

Tactical review of 2017: Pep Guardiola reasserts his version of post-Cruyffianism

It took a while but the Manchester City manager has conquered England with a football that is not merely beautiful but also dominant. The question for 2018 is: can he now do it in Europe?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/dec/29/tactical-review-2017-pep-guardiola-manchester-city?CMP=share_btn_tw

I enjoyed it as well.  Certainly not from the new school of ex footballer ghost written articles on behalf of  the likes of Collymore, savage, Merson...

Then I read this from a poster called totaalvoetbal on redcafe. Good stuff.

"Another article by a clueless British journalist that uses buzz words that indictate alack of understanding of what Pep Guardiola is doing.

Ronald Koeman, Philip Cocu, Luis Enrique, Julen Lopetegui and Frank de Boer are in no way shape or form Cruijffians. Peter Bosz is the only name mentioned that Johan Cruijff would approve.

Any one that knows anything about Louis van Gaal knows he is not a Cruijffian. A lot of people have a wrong understanding about Juego de posicion, it is a set of rules more than a philosophy in of itself as Antonio Conte and Maurico Pochettino use elements of it.

That is not what makes Pep Guardiola special. What makes him special is his variation within his system that eventually culminated with his players automatically understanding his ideas without his instructions and they all instinctively know where to position themselves and when to attack as we saw in his last 2 seasons at Barcelona and his final season at Bayern Munchen.

Pep Guardiola is a the greatest thief of ideas. He has the philosphy of Johan Cruijff, systemised it ala van Gaal and added elements of aggression similar to Marcelo Bielsa teams whilst adapting and taking the La volpe exit to a new height that La Volpes never imagined.

At Barcelona he had the perfect players to execute it as they all grew up using positional play. It was the purest execution since the Ajax of Louis van Gaal in the 90s. The only two teams before Maurico Sarri's Napoli to completely follow the principles.

At Bayern they had a basic understanding through Louis van Gaal but he was far more horizontal. After his first year he adapted his philosphy and married it with the directness of the Germans and also learnt how to prevent the counter attacks by improving the positioning of his team after the ball is lost.

Finally in England he has learnt to deal with the second balls that Xabi Alonso warned him about to prove that his methodology is adaptable to any league. No team has ever comprehensively dominated the premier league in every single metric. He is the reason Barcelona became a super club and Bayern have never dominated the Bundesliga consistently as they did when he was the coach.

Now English football are seeing it first had. No team in the history of the top 5 leagues and in the 129 years of English football, no team has ever had a start like this. This is supposedly the most competitive league in the world and he is dominating it more than he did any of the other leagues.

Johan Cruijff is surely smiling wherever he is. It is sad because instead of learning like the German and Spanish league did with foreign coaches, English football will continue to criticise."
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 30, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »

My fav away trip tomorrow, off to the Palace.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 30, 2017, 08:10:41 PM »

this is a good article

I enjoyed it as well.  Certainly not from the new school of ex footballer ghost written articles on behalf of  the likes of Collymore, savage, Merson...

Then I read this from a poster called totaalvoetbal on redcafe. Good stuff.

"Another article by a clueless British journalist that uses buzz words that indictate alack of understanding of what Pep Guardiola is doing.

Ronald Koeman, Philip Cocu, Luis Enrique, Julen Lopetegui and Frank de Boer are in no way shape or form Cruijffians. Peter Bosz is the only name mentioned that Johan Cruijff would approve.

Any one that knows anything about Louis van Gaal knows he is not a Cruijffian. A lot of people have a wrong understanding about Juego de posicion, it is a set of rules more than a philosophy in of itself as Antonio Conte and Maurico Pochettino use elements of it.

That is not what makes Pep Guardiola special. What makes him special is his variation within his system that eventually culminated with his players automatically understanding his ideas without his instructions and they all instinctively know where to position themselves and when to attack as we saw in his last 2 seasons at Barcelona and his final season at Bayern Munchen.

Pep Guardiola is a the greatest thief of ideas. He has the philosphy of Johan Cruijff, systemised it ala van Gaal and added elements of aggression similar to Marcelo Bielsa teams whilst adapting and taking the La volpe exit to a new height that La Volpes never imagined.

At Barcelona he had the perfect players to execute it as they all grew up using positional play. It was the purest execution since the Ajax of Louis van Gaal in the 90s. The only two teams before Maurico Sarri's Napoli to completely follow the principles.

At Bayern they had a basic understanding through Louis van Gaal but he was far more horizontal. After his first year he adapted his philosphy and married it with the directness of the Germans and also learnt how to prevent the counter attacks by improving the positioning of his team after the ball is lost.

Finally in England he has learnt to deal with the second balls that Xabi Alonso warned him about to prove that his methodology is adaptable to any league. No team has ever comprehensively dominated the premier league in every single metric. He is the reason Barcelona became a super club and Bayern have never dominated the Bundesliga consistently as they did when he was the coach.

Now English football are seeing it first had. No team in the history of the top 5 leagues and in the 129 years of English football, no team has ever had a start like this. This is supposedly the most competitive league in the world and he is dominating it more than he did any of the other leagues.

Johan Cruijff is surely smiling wherever he is. It is sad because instead of learning like the German and Spanish league did with foreign coaches, English football will continue to criticise."

So he's a fraud and a thief? Wink

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 31, 2017, 08:32:57 AM »

Parked the car at Northampton train Station for the 7.53 to London Euston. Ping pong... the 7.53 from Northampton to London Euston has been Cxl today. I swear never again with British Transport, next train 8.35am so mad rush over London to make it for 12.00 Ko. Mind the Gap

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 31, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »

Parked the car at Northampton train Station for the 7.53 to London Euston. Ping pong... the 7.53 from Northampton to London Euston has been Cxl today. I swear never again with British Transport, next train 8.35am so mad rush over London to make it for 12.00 Ko. Mind the Gap

Euston to Selhurst in 2 hours is a mad rush?  It is a serene swagger across London.  Be more like Pep.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: