blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 399958 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: January 14, 2018, 09:53:47 PM »

Bad day at the office and I think the score flattered us a little.

Thought the first half was pretty even and that we were the much better team at the start of the 2nd half, but if you concede chances like we did vs that Liverpool attack then there is only one outcome.

It's a fixture I dread, don't care about united/Chelsea/Arsenal etc away but something about Liverpool away just seems to bring out the worst in us. They match us with tactics and then press the fuck out of us, no other team in the league has the capabilities to do this. They'll probably go and draw against Swansea next week though Smiley

It did amuse me that some random dippers in the pub were claiming that City's passing game didn't work. Yeah, it's totally failed us this season, that's why were 15 points clear. It failed miserably today but it's like getting AA in pre, losing, and then claiming it's the wrong move.

Get on City-5 vs Newcastle, the backlash is coming Smiley

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 14, 2018, 10:31:12 PM »

Yah it's a style of play that when it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong. But it doesn't go horribly wrong often. And to make it go horribly wrong takes a bit of bottle and a lot of talent

Great game by two spectacular teams.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 14, 2018, 11:03:47 PM »

Thought the first half was pretty even and that we were the much better team at the start of the 2nd half, but if you concede chances like we did vs that Liverpool attack then there is only one outcome.

It's a fixture I dread, don't care about united/Chelsea/Arsenal etc away but something about Liverpool away just seems to bring out the worst in us. They match us with tactics and then press the fuck out of us, no other team in the league has the capabilities to do this. They'll probably go and draw against Swansea next week though Smiley

It did amuse me that some random dippers in the pub were claiming that City's passing game didn't work. Yeah, it's totally failed us this season, that's why were 15 points clear. It failed miserably today but it's like getting AA in pre, losing, and then claiming it's the wrong move.

Yep, start of the 2nd half it had the look we were entering control and domination mode. Then 10 minutes of carnage. Liverpool brilliant at what they do best and credit it to them for it.  As you say, no one else near them in terms of capability to press and disrupt like that and gloriously taken goals on the end of it all.  If the English teams get through to the 1/4 finals of the CL and we end up with an all English tie I'd rather draw anyone other than them.

Some horrible individual performances today as well. Stones was a shadow of his pre-injury self. Slow, ponderous, weak...  Aguero - bounced off him all game. Awful. I could go on... 

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 14, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »

Yah it's a style of play that when it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong. But it doesn't go horribly wrong often. And to make it go horribly wrong takes a bit of bottle and a lot of talent

Great game by two spectacular teams.

You can add incredible hard work  to that as well. It was a masterclass in terms of how to beat a Guardiola side. Not very easily replicated though.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 14, 2018, 11:23:37 PM »

Yep, start of the 2nd half it had the look we were entering control and domination mode. Then 10 minutes of carnage. Liverpool brilliant at what they do best and credit it to them for it.  As you say, no one else near them in terms of capability to press and disrupt like that and gloriously taken goals on the end of it all.  If the English teams get through to the 1/4 finals of the CL and we end up with an all English tie I'd rather draw anyone other than them.

Some horrible individual performances today as well. Stones was a shadow of his pre-injury self. Slow, ponderous, weak...  Aguero - bounced off him all game. Awful. I could go on... 

Yeah as a unit we were so poor today. Not taking anything away from Liverpool as I think their tactics stifled us really well, but there won't be another game where Stones, KDB, Dinho, Sane, Sterling and Aguero are all so collectively poor.

We made the basics look difficult, and then when Liverpool smelt blood at 2-1 they went for our jugular and put the game to bed. Had we got the 3rd goal a few minutes earlier then it maybe coulda been a grandstand finish but as it was we left ourselves way too much to do.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 15, 2018, 09:10:14 AM »

This was always going to be the game to finish our unbeaten run.There high press worked really well and sometimes I cringe when we play like that from the back but Liverpool was the most likely team to do this to us. Why was Silva flown back and not used? Good to see a couple of different scorers as Sergio looked out of it today. So need to get Sanchez but we will not be bullied into pay demands.Allocated 1860 tickets for Basel which go on sale today. Fingers crossed as already booked flights and hotels. Next trip Bristol for a place in the final.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 15, 2018, 10:00:52 PM »

City officially pull out of Sanchez deal being reported everywhere. From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/15/chelsea-trying-hijack-manchester-uniteds-bid-sign-alexis-sanchez/

City had been the favourites to sign Sanchez but the Premier League leaders have chosen to walk away after it became apparent that the cost of completing the transfer this month would exceed the £60 million fee they agreed with Arsenal for the Chilean last summer only for the deal to collapse on deadline day.

United have offered Armenia playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan as a makeweight in the deal as they seek to match Arsenal’s £35m valuation of Sanchez.

They are also prepared to meet Sanchez’s demand for a signing-on fee of up to £20m in addition to footing a potential £10m bill for the striker’s agent, Fernando Felicevich, which would value the overall deal at £65m for a 29 year-old who is out of contract at the end of the season.

That figure does not include the reputed £400,000-a-week wages, including bonus, Sanchez is in line to earn and which would make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League.

United remain the frontrunners but they face competition from Chelsea, who have yet to be deterred by the huge costs involved in trying to sign Sanchez.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 16, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »

Poor old Mourinho.  Having to scrabble around with a 65 million signing on 400knper week.  He really does have the decks loaded against him.  Amazing he has managed top 4 when you think about it.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 16, 2018, 08:39:24 PM »

Deal done with Johnny Evans signs tomorrow.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 16, 2018, 08:46:58 PM »

KDB offered £200k a week which he will sign off next week. The General signs contract extension. All positive news.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 16, 2018, 08:59:16 PM »

KDB offered £200k a week which he will sign off next week. The General signs contract extension. All positive news.

Getting paid in Euros too I think, assuming what I read is accurate.

Bloody brexit.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 16, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »

Well worth every penny, Euro, Dollar, or Yen. We should do a YaYa and pay him more 😃

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 17, 2018, 08:15:02 AM »

Up roar on City forums, they had me thinking but not hoping. But we did have Dennis Law 😊

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 20, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »

Not a great lover of driving to the Ethiad as seems to take an eternity to get away from the stadium. So my lad woke me this morning and said "Shall we get the train" So off we go. Amazing turn around at Nottingham Station after the fire, Can still smell the smoke. Eta 1hour 30 mins so will crack open a few and cheer the blues on. Mind the Gap.

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 24, 2018, 03:10:29 PM »

Good away trip last night.  Never in doubt and good to see us giving Bristol a good applause, nice stadium as well. Laporte on his way 5-6 year deal. No Cardiff on Sunday. Burnley then Basel away ctid.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: