blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 401713 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: January 29, 2018, 10:44:52 AM »

Can your boys realistically win quadruple trophies this year?

The price is about 11/1, & whether that's value or not, it's amazing how City are just dominating everything so far.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 29, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »

Never Tony, 4 is just a step to far,  need a stronger squad if that's possible. When we bring on Subs they are not subs that can change a game Diaz and Foden are the future. I have been screaming for another striker as Sergio good as he is in my opinion he still looks jaded and now at the crunch time of the season with injuries and not signing a top dog striker will affect us doing a Quadruple. Basel tickets arrived today so looking forward to take my lad. Bloody expensive though in Switzerland  I bet. €9 Swiss Francs for a beer.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 29, 2018, 07:08:43 PM »

The price is about 11/1, & whether that's value or not, it's amazing how City are just dominating everything so far.

I don't think 11/1 is value but City are getting priced up ridiculously these days. Without looking, I reckon we're as little as 4/1 to score 5 or more vs WBA on Wednesday.

Can we do it? I think we, just about, can.
Will we do it? It looks such a tough ask.

You can probably box off the league (super bok right there), and we'll be faves in the league cup final. But there is still far too many rounds in the FA Cup and CL for City and us fans to even consider a quadruple as a realistic outcome this season.

Fast forward a month, and we've won the league cup and still dominating the league, and we've also navigated the next rounds of the FA cup and CL, then I think 11/1 would be worth looking at.....but of course it will probs be down to 11/2 by then Smiley

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 29, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »

Never Tony, 4 is just a step to far,  need a stronger squad if that's possible. When we bring on Subs they are not subs that can change a game Diaz and Foden are the future. I have been screaming for another striker as Sergio good as he is in my opinion he still looks jaded and now at the crunch time of the season with injuries and not signing a top dog striker will affect us doing a Quadruple. Basel tickets arrived today so looking forward to take my lad. Bloody expensive though in Switzerland  I bet. €9 Swiss Francs for a beer.

Striker situation is weird at City.

Whilst on the surface it looks pretty obvious that we could do with another body up front, I don't think its as simple as that. The problem is who do we get? Who's available who is good enough to be in the squad but also happy to play potentially 3rd fiddle behind Aguero and Jesus? We've had this 'problem' in recent years; Bony wasn't good enough, Dzeko understandably wasn't happy being a bit part player.

I get the impression that Pep is quite relaxed about the situation. He obviously has plenty of faith in our attacking unit as a whole, so it doesn't matter too much if its Sterling up top, or B.Silva, or Sane, or even KDB. If others weren't chipping in with goals then it would be an issue for sure, but we've scored shit loads this season from all areas of the pitch and we're not reliant on just our out and out forwards to get the goals.

He loves his versatile players so Sanchez would've been ideal but it wasn't to be cos the orange was out of reach (or something). Maybe someone like Son from Spurs? Or the guy from Dortmund?

I do, however, think we will sign a strong attacking player in the summer....

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 29, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »

I don't think 11/1 is value but City are getting priced up ridiculously these days. Without looking, I reckon we're as little as 4/1 to score 5 or more vs WBA on Wednesday.

Can we do it? I think we, just about, can.
Will we do it? It looks such a tough ask.

You can probably box off the league (super bok right there), and we'll be faves in the league cup final. But there is still far too many rounds in the FA Cup and CL for City and us fans to even consider a quadruple as a realistic outcome this season.

Fast forward a month, and we've won the league cup and still dominating the league, and we've also navigated the next rounds of the FA cup and CL, then I think 11/1 would be worth looking at.....but of course it will probs be down to 11/2 by then Smiley

It seems surreal that in January we are favourites for all 4 trophies - League odds 1.02, League Cup 1.44, Fa Cup 3.25 and Champions League 4.50. If we were, say, just a couple of points ahead in the league I'd happily sack off the LC and FAC and have the league and champions league as priorities. It's pretty apparent now though we could be on for something special and for me the domestic cups are more important than any time since 2011. It seems crazy to say but I think I'd be disappointed if we only go on to win just the league from here yet would have snapped your hands off for it at the beginning of the season.. but this  team is so far ahead of the 2014 League and LC winning team and I'd just love a trophy haul to better that and cement this team in the history books as one of the great teams. But it seems madness to think about a quadruple (dreaming is ok Smiley ) and  I'm conditioned not to and I suspect all City fans are the same.. it's football ffs...

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:52:14 PM by Archer » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 30, 2018, 06:10:01 PM »

Mahrez?!?!?!?!?

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 30, 2018, 06:12:07 PM »

Mahrez?!?!?!?!?

Probably a swop for Sterling.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 30, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »

Mahrez?!?!?!?!?

Probably a swop for Sterling.

Please God no!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 30, 2018, 06:58:58 PM »

Have good info that leicester still owe us a chunk for KelechI so that will be in the deal. A good signing certainly buthe with Diaz and the kid that has just gone to Middlesbrough on a season loan the future looks bright. Mahrez defo wants CL football and to be playing for a number of trophies bit not that bothered if we get him or not. But good cover for Sane. 😊

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 30, 2018, 07:00:27 PM »

Have good info that leicester still owe us a chunk for KelechI so that will be in the deal. A good signing certainly but with Diaz and the kid that has just gone to Middlesbrough on a season loan the future looks bright. Mahrez defo wants CL football and to be playing for a number of trophies but not that bothered if we get him or not. But good cover for Sane. 😊

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 31, 2018, 10:41:31 AM »

An American perspective

Manchester City Are Soccer’s Best Baseball Team
Pep Guardiola’s side is smarter and richer than just about everybody else’s

https://www.theringer.com/2018/1/30/16951766/soccer-manchester-city-transfers-premier-league-aymeric-laporte-riyad-mahrez

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 01, 2018, 12:46:39 AM »

An American perspective

Manchester City Are Soccer’s Best Baseball Team
Pep Guardiola’s side is smarter and richer than just about everybody else’s

https://www.theringer.com/2018/1/30/16951766/soccer-manchester-city-transfers-premier-league-aymeric-laporte-riyad-mahrez

What an utterly pointless article.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 01, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »

Actually pleased we didn't get him, happy to sit and wait for the summer. No doubt a good buy at 50mill but never the price Leicester were asking, Like stated previously Diaz will be a nice 6 week cover along with Bernado. Not sure if Siva is out of the Burnley game which again won't be easy. -4 in Basel next week, there is a few blues who live there and been keeping me informed about places to go, city all meeting in Flanigans Irish bar on the Monday night then on the day of the game it's The Soho Club open 10am till 1am about £7 a pint, city videos and a night club after the game, we fly back wedensday with a hangover and a decent 1st leg lead hopefully. Ctid

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 04, 2018, 09:57:55 AM »

Pep only naming 6 Subs surely is a huge lack of respect shown to an academy system that has been lauded,is chock full of talent and is now ignored when required?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 04, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »

Pep only naming 6 Subs surely is a huge lack of respect shown to an academy system that has been lauded,is chock full of talent and is now ignored when required?

Baffling
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: