blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  your top 3 sitcoms of all time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: your top 3 sitcoms of all time  (Read 5385 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:48 PM »

I'm Alan Partridge
The Office
Friends

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 10:55:10 PM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 11:00:53 PM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

Start a most overrated sitcom thread and I'll post it there.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 11:11:34 PM »

Red dwarf series 1-6 after that it went a bit pants

Top 3:

The Office
Frasier
Friends

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 11:21:09 PM »

Friends
Simpsons
Father Ted
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

LOL at overrated

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 10:26:53 AM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

LOL at overrated

I often think Fawlty Towers is massively overrated, then whenever I watch it I'm laughing like it's the first time I've seen it.

Same goes for Porridge, OFAH, One Foot in the Grave, BlackAdder etc.

Generally I think tha Yanks are much better at comedy than us because they have teams of talented writers, but the way we do things means occasional works of genius are created like the above.

Peep Show, the Office, Inbetweeners, Father Ted, IT Crowd, the Royal Family, Phoenix Nights all being more recent examples.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

LOL at overrated

I often think Fawlty Towers is massively overrated, then whenever I watch it I'm laughing like it's the first time I've seen it.

Generally I think tha Yanks are much better at comedy than us because they have teams of talented writers, but the way we do things means occasional works of genius are created like the above.

Peep Show, the Office, Inbetweeners, Father Ted, IT Crowd, the Royal Family, Phoenix Nights all being more recent examples.

Gill loves watching Fawlty Towers & OFAH, so when she comes down & I give her the zapper (after the golf & football have ended, obv), I know I'm gonna have to watch them & groan a little. And yet I end up loving them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

LOL at overrated

How very dare you!
Corbyn and his non anthem singing pales into insignificance against this treason.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 11:16:53 AM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

LOL at overrated

How very dare you!
Corbyn and his non anthem singing pales into insignificance against this treason.

The best comedies are British, but if someone said to me from this point on I could only watch new US comedy or new UK comedy, it would be no contest. There will be one good British comedy for every nine terrible ones these days, while even the worst US comedy is reasonable and much plentier in number.
bigjay

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 11:22:51 AM »

30 Rock

Big bang

3rd rock from the sun
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »

3rd rock from the sun

Nowhere near my top list, but massively underrated and genius concept for a sitcom.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

LOL at overrated

How very dare you!

The best comedies are British, but if someone said to me from this point on I could only watch new US comedy or new UK comedy, it would be no contest. There will be one good British comedy for every nine terrible ones these days, while even the worst US comedy is reasonable and much plentier in number.

Also when you get a good US show they easily go over 100 episodes, a good UK show is lucky to get 12

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »

No Fawltey Towers love?

LOL at overrated

How very dare you!

Also when you get a good US show they easily go over 100 episodes, a good UK show is lucky to get 12

Yup. Which is why even though I think the UK version of the Office is probably the best sitcom ever, if I could only rewatch one of the versions I'd pick the US one, which had hundreds of episodes all of a high quality.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 01:38:27 PM »

the league

The NFL angle probably puts a lot of people off I'd imagine but you don't need to know anything about it really to find in funny

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia too, ten seasons in still going really strong

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: