blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  You are the ref!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You are the ref!  (Read 9955 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »

If it has run into his arms, surely hasn't ricocheted into the goal?

Game over, and no goal, for me.

I know Longines is a ref, but I wouldn't want to be in amongst those parents when it kicked off Cheesy

The keeper dived to his left and it hit the post and end up in his arms. It wasn't a well hit pen.

Ref said no goal and it meant the home team were out. That's when it all kicked off!

Remember when I played youth football, and it was embarrassing how some of the parents behaved.

My old man never came much, so thankfully it wasn't my parents acting up Cheesy

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »

A million times easier to ref adult games than kids of any age (bar the youngest)

Easier to deal with a bit of dissent on the pitch than a lot 50 yards away and "pitch wanderers"

In Jake's game they was a long hoof forward and a striker on Jake's team raced onto the ball.

The ball wasn't going to reach the area, but their keeper ran out of his goal to try to clear it.

There was an almighty collision, although the ref didn't give a foul (and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a foul) the opposition keeper was obviously hurt and was in floods of tears.

For the last 10 minutes of the game one of the parents of the opposition team players (pretty sure it wasn't the keepers father) spent his time shouting abuse at the striker.

Every time he got the ball "hurt him, he's a dirty little bastard" and "show him what it's like to get hurt" and stuff like that.

Quite incredible when you consider these kids are under 10s.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 04:16:41 PM »

Until I was 16 or 17 I was a ref for kids football.

I gave up when I asked a parent/asst manager type to not swear on the sidelines in an u14 game, he called me a ***** so I sent him off - he refused to leave the pitch area so I abandoned the game with his team winning 4-1 about half way through the second half.

He then tried to attack me and had to be restrained by parents of both teams.

As the match was quite local to me and I would never be able to ref that team impartially again I gave uo.

This is clearly not a goal either.

absolutely ridiculous, parents stood apart from each other its just utter madness isent it?

I was going to start reffing at 15ish but was put off by the parents and knew I would not be able to get control if needed.

I remember when i was about 11 (14 years ago ish) my dad and my best mates dad being stood on the side of the pitch where me and my mate played. One of their coaches came over and said this is our side of the pitch you have to stand on the other, now this was the first time I had ever heard of this. Luckily my best mates dad was a bobby and a unit of a man. He very politely said to their coach, if you want to move me you can but im not going to move myself, I have come to watch my 11 year old son play football and not to be pushed around by you. The coach tried again to ask him to move but he turned his back and ignored him, in the second half when he moved to the other side of the pitch (when we swapped sides) the guy said "look that was not so hard was it" I really could believe that my best mates dad didn't launch the guy into row z

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »

After this incident it was not long before I moved to rugby.

I was amazed when i started watching my little brother 6 years later that it had become common place for there to be an away side and a home side of the pitch with rope put around the pitch.

I continued to stand on the side of the pitch my little brother was playing on, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 04:26:01 PM »

"Hell is other people."

JP Sartre may have been a miserable git but he wasn't wrong.

Allez!!
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 04:26:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc3aokM2Pzk

Not directly applicable but funny none the less.

Not sure what this keeper was thinking;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9wyLYWcIE
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »

I have some experience of this

coached teams up to U18

Reffed teams as both a neutral and the team i was coaching when minus a ref

saw my son in league club youth set ups

first things first, parents watch youth games for league clubs with no bad behaviour at all..because they don't want their lad to be shown up and his big chance lost because of their behaviour. obviously the same doesn't apply in local leagues

i've thrown a lad out of one of my teams because the parent was incapable of watching without swearing and worse towards his own team and opponents. the mum then asked me to take him back if her ex-husband didn't attend. seemed a reasonable compromise to me. the lad was immediately a better player too

I've also had to report parents to the league and had to take over from a 14 year old ref in tears, who then gave up refereeing

in my experience the home and away sidelines, barriers a metre back from the pitch etc do nothing

the essential story is parents trying to relive their own, perhaps unsatisfactory, childhoods through their own children and taking it way too seriously

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »

A million times easier to ref adult games than kids of any age (bar the youngest)

Easier to deal with a bit of dissent on the pitch than a lot 50 yards away and "pitch wanderers"

In Jake's game they was a long hoof forward and a striker on Jake's team raced onto the ball.

The ball wasn't going to reach the area, but their keeper ran out of his goal to try to clear it.

There was an almighty collision, although the ref didn't give a foul (and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a foul) the opposition keeper was obviously hurt and was in floods of tears.

For the last 10 minutes of the game one of the parents of the opposition team players (pretty sure it wasn't the keepers father) spent his time shouting abuse at the striker.

Every time he got the ball "hurt him, he's a dirty little bastard" and "show him what it's like to get hurt" and stuff like that.

Quite incredible when you consider these kids are under 10s.

Same age group that was my final game...

Very hard job at that age as a lot of players are just clumsy and  not intentionally trying to hurt anyone ....

However one "child" who I had reffed a few times before who certainly knew what he was doing in terms of knee high assaults.

A lot of parents hated the idea of showing a card at that level until their own little Jimmy was hurt/carried from the pitch then they demanded reds for anything.

Anyway this kid I had given the benefit of the doubt in a few previous games very cocky and on this occasion told me he was going to hurt someone (he was 9)...

He then went over the top after 10 minutes I thought about a yellow but showed a red when he told me to fuck off. All of a sudden his dad came from nowhere and threatened to kill me so the game was called off.

Once the game is called off suddenly the parents who don't say a think whilst he is thratening to kill you are astonished you have called a game of football of and say you are overeacting. ....

Good fun all in all
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 05:06:23 PM »

It's a real problem and no wonder so many refs give up after one season. At the time unfortunately 16/17 yo weren't allowed to referee men's football. I'd have preferred that no end.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 06:04:28 PM »

There is no such thing as a bad kid - just bad parents.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 06:31:22 PM »

YBA

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »

My lad plays for Hanwell and I can honestly say the parents of both teams generally get on well.  The odd parent who gets aggro is spoken to in simple tones and given friendly guidance on how to stop being an imbecile.  Maybe I'm just lucky with our league.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 06:51:26 PM »

There is no such thing as bad parents - just bad grandparents.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »

There is no such thing as bad parents - just bad grandparents.

Everyone is lovely.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 09:22:56 AM »

The second installment of this long running series!

So a situation came into my head after watching the Newcastle v Burton fiasco on Wednesday.

A penalty is awarded.

As the attacker is running up to take it, a defender starts sprinting towards the penalty box in order to get a jump start on any rebounds if the kick is saved or hits the post.

One of the takers team mates spots him coming and trips him up outside the box but before the kick is taken (yet after the whistle to restart play has sounded).

If the penalty is scored, what decision should the ref take?

See you in 2019 for part 3...

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: