blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  You are the ref!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You are the ref!  (Read 9954 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2017, 10:11:20 AM »

The penalty is retaken (and book the tripper if warranted).

Law 14
Once the referee has signalled for a penalty kick to be taken, the kick must be taken. If, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs:
the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate infringes the Laws of the Game:
• if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken
• if the ball does not enter the goal, the referee stops play and restarts with an indirect free kick
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 10:38:28 PM »

Part 3.

One from the Barcelona v Eibar game I'm watching which I've never seen before.

Barca are attacking (surprise, surprise).

Ball is played across the box to the far post to an onrushing forward who is running at full pelt. He gets a shot on goal but the keeper gets there just in time and blocks the shot.

Meanwhile the momentum of the shooter carries him beyond the dead ball line.

The ball ends up flying to a Barca player who attempts an ambitious volley but it heads more skywards than towards the goal.

The orginal striker is off the field of play when the volley is taken. But as the ball goes into orbit he sprints back on and controls it when it returns to earth.

Is he offside or not?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »

It's not 2019 yet...
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 03:40:48 PM »

Striker obviously is offside but I am guessing that the reason the question has been posted is that either the answer is no he is not offside or in the game you saw the ref didn't blow for offside?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 05:36:21 PM »

I don't think offside, but I believe there is a rule that you cannot leave and reenter the pitch without the refs permission. There was an incident a few years back where a player hid behind the goalpost as the keeper dropped the ball and then ran infront of the keeper as he took a run up. The goal didn't stand as they player did not have permission to return to the pitch. The details might be wrong, but that's how I remember it
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 05:52:36 PM »

Yeah, a player is not deemed offside if hes off the pitch during the passage of play, which I guess with the current offside rulings means after the shot has been taken. And yeah as Teddy says players need permission to leave and re-enter the pitch and it is within the refs rights to book said player for each offence so techincally could have resulted in an Eibar freekick because the Barca striker has touched the ball illegally as was after his second bookable offence, with Barca down to 10. Ive never seen the leaving/re-entering the pitch bookings enforced in a "proper" game (is more intended to punish deliberate rule infractions such as illegal substitutions, and I assume deliberately hiding behind the goalpost as in Teddys example! Maybe him leaving the pitch wasn't deemed "deliberate" in that instance so he only received a single yellow for re-entering, who knows!) though the guy who ran my refs course years ago told me he had used it to send off a not very nice player in a sunday league game once!
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »

He should be called offside.

You cannot leave the pitch intentionally and come back on without the refs agreement. However if you leave unintentionally as the striker did then you are deemed to still be in play as if you are on the dead ball line and can come back on without penalty.

See Van Nistelrooys goal in the World Cup 08 for an example where a defender off the pitch is playing him onside.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »

You cannot leave the pitch intentionally and come back on without the refs agreement. However if you leave unintentionally as the striker did then you are deemed to still be in play as if you are on the dead ball line and can come back on without penalty.

See Van Nistelrooys goal in the World Cup 08 for an example where a defender off the pitch is playing him onside.

So if the forward we was off the pitch and the ball had fallen to an Eibar defender who rolled it back to the keeper, he could run on and intercept it?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 01:01:49 AM »

So if the forward we was off the pitch and the ball had fallen to an Eibar defender who rolled it back to the keeper, he could run on and intercept it?

Assuming he didn’t hang around off the pitch to game the situation, yes.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 09:02:04 AM »

Yeah, a player is not deemed offside if hes off the pitch during the passage of play, which I guess with the current offside rulings means after the shot has been taken. And yeah as Teddy says players need permission to leave and re-enter the pitch and it is within the refs rights to book said player for each offence so techincally could have resulted in an Eibar freekick because the Barca striker has touched the ball illegally as was after his second bookable offence, with Barca down to 10. Ive never seen the leaving/re-entering the pitch bookings enforced in a "proper" game (is more intended to punish deliberate rule infractions such as illegal substitutions, and I assume deliberately hiding behind the goalpost as in Teddys example! Maybe him leaving the pitch wasn't deemed "deliberate" in that instance so he only received a single yellow for re-entering, who knows!) though the guy who ran my refs course years ago told me he had used it to send off a not very nice player in a sunday league game once!

I've seen this happen. Was ridiculous. It was a Dover game with Wendy Toms as ref. One player from each side had a collision which required both physios to come on, so both players had to leave the pitch. Toms left them on the sideline for ages so the linesman told them both to go on. Toms then blew up, booked them both, and sent the Dover player off as it was his second yellow.

You know a ref has lost it when both sides are booing the sending off and clapping off the red carded player!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: