blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:36:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272902 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016 thread  (Read 83463 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2016, 07:42:56 PM »

Hart is pretty average. No surprise that Pep is looking to replace him according to the media reports. Can judge a player alright.

Yes it was in The Sun and Mail so it must be true.

Since his wobble a couple of years ago when Pellers dropped him, he's been pretty much rock solid. Like every keeper, he does have the odd moment, but his crucial and often world class saves more than offset this.

Look at his performances in the Champions League. In the biggest games, against the best players, he is more than up to the task. England need big game players and that is exactly what Hart is. We are very lucky to have a keeper of that calibre at City.

Of the teams in the top 10 of them premier league table, he'd only get into West Ham and Liverpool as first choice keeper imo.

On the other thread Pleno is claiming that all big team bench warmers would walk into the Leicester team.  Goodness knows what he is going to make of the claim that Schmeichel is better than Hart.  He'd put Willy Caballero in Kaspar's place!  Smiley
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2016, 07:58:47 PM »

Payet and Kante starting for France tonight
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »

Hart is pretty average. No surprise that Pep is looking to replace him according to the media reports. Can judge a player alright.

Since his wobble a couple of years ago when Pellers dropped him, he's been pretty much rock solid. Like every keeper, he does have the odd moment, but his crucial and often world class saves more than offset this.

Look at his performances in the Champions League. In the biggest games, against the best players, he is more than up to the task. England need big game players and that is exactly what Hart is. We are very lucky to have a keeper of that calibre at City.

Of the teams in the top 10 of them premier league table, he'd only get into West Ham and Liverpool as first choice keeper imo.

I'd say De Gea is the best keeper in the league when he's not arranging for U21 players to roast prostitutes.

It's pretty close between Hart, Lloris and Courtois in the next bracket. Those 4 are ahead of a good chasing pack that includes Cech, Forster, Schmeichel, Butland etc, IMO ofc.

Very surprised at the question marks that people seem to have over Joe. We watch him every week and see just how good he is so maybe that's it, I really don't know.

Humble pie being prepared in case he lets a Taibi in this month Wink

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »

So you would have Butland over Hart then as Stoke finished 9th?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2016, 08:24:15 PM »

No surprise to you but I'm with you all the way on this.  KUTGW Smiley   
I hope to post some interesting stuff after the match  on Hart and Butland in response to Arb's post from this morning
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »

My buy of Payet tournament goal minutes at 42 could be epic if he holds down a starting place in a free scoring team.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2016, 08:27:58 PM »

My buy of Payet tournament goal minutes at 42 could be epic if he holds down a starting place in a free scoring team.

Just stuck a quick e/w bet on him at 66/1 top scorer. I hope France are nice and theatrical just outside the box Smiley

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:11 PM »

I'd say De Gea is the best keeper in the league when he's not arranging for U21 players to roast prostitutes.

It's pretty close between Hart, Lloris and Courtois in the next bracket. Those 4 are ahead of a good chasing pack that includes Cech, Forster, Schmeichel, Butland etc, IMO ofc.

Very surprised at the question marks that people seem to have over Joe. We watch him every week and see just how good he is so maybe that's it, I really don't know.

Humble pie being prepared in case he lets a Taibi in this month Wink

Lol...     I don't get it I really don't.  Hart has been excellent in recent times and, as you say, his record on the big stage of Champions League nights  etc has been superb.

Just 4 more caps and he moves into 4th place in the all-time appearance list for English goalkeepers behind Shilton, Banks and Seaman and he is still so young relatively for a goalkeeper.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »

I don't think Leics would swap Schmeichel for Hart. Organises his defence better, better on corners and distributes better. Cech is a better keeper, Lloris would be picked ahead of Hart every time, De Gea best keeper in the prem. Cortois better and younger. Burland younger, equally good at shot stopping, possibly not quite as confident but higher upside.

Hart probably more consistent that Forster, I might concede that. Better than Mignolet and Adrian.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »

I don't think Leics would swap Schmeichel for Hart. Organises his defence better, better on corners and distributes better. Cech is a better keeper, Lloris would be picked ahead of Hart every time, De Gea best keeper in the prem. Cortois better and younger. Burland younger, equally good at shot stopping, possibly not quite as confident but higher upside.

Hart probably more consistent that Forster, I might concede that. Better than Mignolet and Adrian.

How gracious.

It's amusing that a keeper who has won 4 of the last 6 golden glove awards, often playing in front of a much maligned defence, is way behind the ability of many other keepers in the league.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2016, 09:38:50 PM »

Golden Glove just the least goals conceded in a season?  What are the actual rules?   
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2016, 09:43:46 PM »

Golden Glove just the least goals conceded in a season?  What are the actual rules?   

Least dandruff?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2016, 09:45:37 PM »

Wow didn't realize how good Pogba was. Greizman similarly to the champions league final very underwhelming though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2016, 09:47:14 PM »

Kante best player on the pitch at the moment
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »

Kante playing too well for lcfc. What a player he is. Reads the game, tackles. Intercepts, range of passing, runs all day

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: