blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016 thread  (Read 81960 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 12, 2016, 07:48:01 PM »

To be honest, when it comes to the summer if there are 3 international matches every day then I'm happy even if it is a bit stodgy!

Take out Ronaldo how many all time great strikers at the top of their game for all the major countries were actually on show this summer?  Hardly any.   It was a relatively poor quality, but competitive, renewal of the event imo.

Interesting point about lack of strikers. Ibra is an all-time great but didn't go too well for him. In fact  there were only (I think) 8 players there who had scored 20+ more goals in 1 of the big 5 european leagues in 15/16:

Ronaldo
Ibra
Lewandowski
Muller
Griezmann
Vardy
Kane
Aduriz

Good work from Hodgson to have 20% of the 20 goal men and still not have a clue what his best formation was by the abysmal exit!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 12, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »

I only pay games around 70% attention these days, watched like that the whole thing seemed pretty deece to me - wonder if other countries viewed it the same way.

England crap as usual and far from playing without enough passion (commentator and pundit bollocks) they play with too much. If they were cool and good at football that would be a massive step in the right direction

Think people are way too concerned about goals per game and that sort of stuff - really enjoyed the final.  Not (m)any  games spent screaming at refs or players too much for specially ridic play acting. Only screaming reserved for the inane commentators banging on and on - half the time about games being boring...yah, cause you don't get football you mug

sola virtus nobilitat
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 13, 2016, 04:26:39 AM »

I'm not sure what you was asking Archer? I enjoyed Euro 2016, but I was expecting a lot better. I suspect if we all bet on 0-0 being the half time score in each match, we would all have had a very profitable tournament. Many of the games was drab, quite a few goals was down to comedy goalkeeping too! Could you name 3 really good matches at the tournament? The only really good game for goals I can remember was. Portugal v Hungary.

Away from that, will be happy to be Big Sam as manager of England. I think we really need to go back to basics and if it's long balls upto Kane to get us into QF's, SF's and beyond, then so be it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 13, 2016, 09:05:19 AM »

the argument for big samuel

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: