blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Wednesday live stream game: £5-10-25 this week
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Wednesday live stream game: £5-10-25 this week  (Read 9172 times)
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »

Was great, commentary best of any poker I've ever watched
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2015, 03:49:36 PM »

Agree with the above comments, thoroughly enjoyed the commentary and the game.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2015, 05:23:08 PM »

With friends like Skalie and Giblin, who needs enemies!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »

First two hours great viewing .

Surprisingly it tailed off a bit the last couple of hours but still good to watch.

Really is a fine line between doing chunks and having a winning session.

So many "Ifs" it reminded me of the poem by Rudyard Kipling.

If Richard hadn't lost a cooler a few hands earlier against Keith then there is
no way he would have called a 2.5k 3 bet from Mitch with 4 7 off pre flop.

If Taffy had shoved with his QQ against Mitch pre flop ( AK suited for Mitch ) in the
same hand then Rich would have folded and Mitch would have won a pot around
£7-£8k.

That one hand sort of defined the rest of the evening for Mitch , he could not do
anything right , except for a good laydown with QQ against Alex who hit a gutshot
on the turn with 89 suited on a J 7 3? board.

The commentary of Skalie , Giblin , Lildave was excellent , loads of banter rather than
talking too technical.

Everybody saying how nice a bloke Taffy is , which is true , he's a smashing bloke , but
do think he's cannon fodder for the pro's. Wish he would get a little bit of coaching and
play a bit more selectively . I would guess he only wins around 1 in 10 sessions.

But Taffy is Taffy  Wink

Yeah you're absolutely right.

I thought it was a fascinating mix of players and styles, and it was very interesting to watch how players changed over the course of the night...

Alex came out all guns blazing, whilst it was 6 handed and was forcing the action, we saw him open 44 in a spot pre-flop where he could have flatted, took a pretty nessercary squeeze spot with KJo and went for the far more unorthadox 4betting Taffy with 64s (not sure why he did that tbh!!) then he lost that big pot to Taffy and Sam sits down making the game 7 handed and he lost all his momentum, didn't rush, panic or tilt at all just sat quietly and patiently and waited for a chance to generate some momentum.

Sam did the same, set out with lots of aggressive moves, kinda figured the table wasn't going to let him get away with this so he reigned it way back in, this is where you see really really good players stand out, they know when and how to adjust to the flow of the table, that was brilliant to watch, they 4 "pros" at the table really controlled the games pace last night and you didnt even really notice how they did it. Smart play.

The play of the 4 non pro's was fascinating too, we saw a real contrast of style from Rich and Taffy, as Taffy was winning at the start he got looser and splashier, as Rich was winning he got tighter and visa versa. Ian showed a lot of discipline (more so than I think people would expect) and was unlucky to step out of line only once all night and at a terrible moment vs Sam, and Rob played a lot tighter than expected, but never reall yhad much in the way of cards. Might not be "pro's" but they all showed plenty of experience and understanding of the game at various points.

It was a tough lineup, lots of danger.

I did tail off a bit towards to the end, but the way the stacks went it was sort of inevitable, Ian was level and not overly involved, Alex had been stuck a decent amount and was out of it, Berridge and Kieth were big winners and not really doing too much and Rob and Sam were both pretty much level and not really incentivised to force any action either. Was just poor MItch and Taffy, Taffy seemed to accept he was going home stuck a bunch this evening and wasn't tilting at all and Mitch far too composed to riffle some money off for no reason. Had we seen Berridge losing and Rob/Sam either winning or losing alongside then I think we'd have seen a much more firey finale to the game.

That being said the game kicked off at a mind blowing pace, and that was due partly to Alex + Taffy's opening hours, partly due to the fact in twas 6 handed but ostly just because we saw a lot of big hands run into each other.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2015, 05:31:02 PM »

you can hear me say "oh no!" in the background!!!

Free drinks at the wedding?

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »

Was great, commentary best of any poker I've ever watched

this Lil D has a new career.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »

you can hear me say "oh no!" in the background!!!

Free drinks at the wedding?

Of course mate. Appreciate that, nice to know someone isn't routing for you to do your dough!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2015, 08:32:11 PM »

is there any where I can view it from last nite
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »

is there any where I can view it from last nite

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2015, 09:54:30 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed all of that.....now I know where I go wrong playing 50p/£1 at DTD lol......

I need to be a non believer a bit more!

Great commentary and great viewing.  Only thing I would like to hear is more of what the players are saying at the table.

More please.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: