blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338613 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 03:17:58 PM »

"Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and Shinji Okazaki... How Leicester City became the Premier League's top bargain hunters"

article on walsh and the scouting network

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220155/Jamie-Vardy-Riyad-Mahrez-Shinji-Okazaki-Leicester-City-Premier-League-s-BARGAIN-HUNTERS.html

a quote in that is

"Walsh was at Chelsea for 16 years and Jose Mourinho appointed him European scout. He worked with Andre Villas-Boas on the signings of Didier Drogba and Michael Essien, before leaving for Newcastle under Sam Allardyce, forming a bond with Pearson, and moving to Leicester"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 06:10:46 PM »

Walsh is a good operator as with a lot of things and awful lot of luck in these.

Okazaki is hardly a snip at the price paid he is what he is an ok buy no more.

Rob Mackenzie who is now at Spurs would have been behind a lot of the recruitment.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 06:16:29 PM »

So it's not the Leicester 80s legend Steve Walsh who loved a red card?  I always assumed it was.  Makes more sense now.  Could never see Walshie turning into a great scout.   What does the other Steve Walsh do nowadays?  Is he still at the club in any capacity?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »

So it's not the Leicester 80s legend Steve Walsh who loved a red card?  I always assumed it was.  Makes more sense now.  Could never see Walshie turning into a great scout.   What does the other Steve Walsh do nowadays?  Is he still at the club in any capacity?

The other one runs a 16-18yo academy/BTEC course with Muzzy Izzet. One of the lads in my sons local team goes there.

https://www.ucasprogress.com/provider/83844
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »

I'd love someone like Leicester or Saints to squeak a top 4 spot.  Would invigorate the league for seasons to come imo.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 11:55:47 PM »

So loving this having been a fan since the 61 cup final. As I put on FB last night I would have loved my dad to be alive and see Leicester a shorter price to win the Premier than they are to get relegated!!

Although I had a lot of time for Pearson I really felt that the Tinkerman's appointment was an amazing coup. The clubs he has managed must have seen something to appoint him at first but the expectations at those clubs were and are huge. At Leicester all is has to do is keep us up and he will be there as long as he likes.

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 10:49:25 AM »

Kasper Schmeichel on Leicester City's remarkable rise to the top

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34896490

My eyes are open wide
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 12:09:20 PM »

It's obviously easier to be relaxed in interviews when you're performing above expectations, but I get the sense that Ranieri is thoroughly enjoying the job.

I love how they play and if pressed really hard to choose between winning the league and finishing runners up to Leicester I think I'd take second now.

Still hope to beat you next week though. That 5-3 still hurts.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 12:22:07 PM »

It's obviously easier to be relaxed in interviews when you're performing above expectations, but I get the sense that Ranieri is thoroughly enjoying the job.

I love how they play and if pressed really hard to choose between winning the league and finishing runners up to Leicester I think I'd take second now.

last season the game was in september, very early LVG, man u went 3-1 up and at the time were suffering a lot of defensive injuries. iirc it was a back three of tyler blackett, jonny evans and rafael.

Allied to that, they took the rather baffling tactical decision to defend high, in some cases as high as the half way line. We put the ball in behind, let Vardy chase it and hey presto we scored goals

i don't expect similar this weekend. for starters united are very solid at the back now, Smalling for example has come on again this season and i expect United to defend deeper so as to not get caught in behind. They know they will have most of the possession (we haven't had more than 45% of possession in any game this season, sometimes as little as 30%) so as long as they arent caught on the break they should control the game

still, that 5-3 will live in the memory for me. to beat a top 4 side from 3-1 down for a side like us hardly ever happens

My eyes are open wide
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »

last season the game was in september, very early LVG, man u went 3-1 up and at the time were suffering a lot of defensive injuries. iirc it was a back three of tyler blackett, jonny evans and rafael.

Allied to that, they took the rather baffling tactical decision to defend high, in some cases as high as the half way line. We put the ball in behind, let Vardy chase it and hey presto we scored goals

i don't expect similar this weekend. for starters united are very solid at the back now, Smalling for example has come on again this season and i expect United to defend deeper so as to not get caught in behind. They know they will have most of the possession (we haven't had more than 45% of possession in any game this season, sometimes as little as 30%) so as long as they arent caught on the break they should control the game

still, that 5-3 will live in the memory for me. to beat a top 4 side from 3-1 down for a side like us hardly ever happens

I think Leicester went on a horror run right after that game, didn't you?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »

that's correct

bottom end of March, then the run started

the run coincided with Huth signing on loan and Pearson switching to 3-5-2, the problem previously being that we would concede a bad goal every game. When Huth came in, this stopped and it all looked much more organised, less frantic

what has been impressive this season is that Ranieri reverted it back to 4-4-2.We have conceded 20 goals though, but such is the speed, width and counter attacking prowess that we have troubled everyone going forward

even our one bad defeat, 5-2 to Arsenal, we gave them everything they could handle.

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 07:16:38 PM »

Very impressed with Leicester/Tinkerman, am afraid top 8 finishing position will be where Leicester will finish, No strength in depth and this is Key for a high Premier League finish.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »

Very impressed with Leicester/Tinkerman, am afraid top 8 finishing position will be where Leicester will finish, No strength in depth and this is Key for a high Premier League finish.

not quite

wasilewski, benaloaune, schlupp, kramaric, nathan dyer, andy king, inler, de laet could not get in saturday's XI

cracking little youth system too and three good ones currently out on loan gettign experience

obviously if vardy/mahrez leave or get injured we aren't the same team but them apart we can absorb anyone out for a period. this wasn't the case a year ago

if we are top six come january we'll spend too, have a run at it
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:22:14 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »

Beat Manure and I will be happy 😊 not sure Leicesters fringe players will be the answer but as you said come January funds may be available. You don't think Vardy now 28yrs of age I think will be looking for a big money move to double his Salary. Has 3 good years left and I think he needs to weigh his financial options us very carefully.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »

contrary to reports he's under contract to 2018 and i am sure there is scope to re-up financially if need be

£10-15m isn't going to get him now and if a big club wants to pay £25-30m+ for a 28 year old who won't be the same player when he loses that yard of pace and therefore won't have resale value at 31-32 years old then fine, we'll re-invest

i fear Mahrez, at 25 years old, leaving much more and he could go for a lot of money to a very big club

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: