blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338884 times)
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »

Vardy was very much absent last night, didn't look fit at all.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »

missed the best chance of the night.

played on his own up front. we sacrificed something going forward to play the extra holding midfielder. which was understandable but did leave him isolated on the break, he normally has players breaking in support

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »

surely it would be madness for a)anyone to come in with huge money for Vardy and b) for him to go anywhere this january.

The summer,at 29...going to be really hard for him to turn down big money at a club with tons of money

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »

Mahrez, at 24, should absolutely be a big target for huge clubs. going to get two contracts out of him if you sign him.

Vardy is a more complicated one because of

a) his age. you sign him and at the end of his first contract he's 32-33

b) his style. team is set up to play to his strengths on the counter (playing him in behind) and possession based teams don't do that, strikers more often get the ball with back to goal, defenders around them etc. Thats not his bag as much

i think, given his huge desire to get into the euro 2016 squad, that staying for a team set up to create chances for him makes sense for now

in the summer, we would be sensible to cash in given his age and he probably should too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him a disappointment at his next club though

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »

played on his own up front. we sacrificed something going forward to play the extra holding midfielder. which was understandable but did leave him isolated on the break, he normally has players breaking in support

Is that the first time that Ranieri has adopted a more pragmatic & conservative approach?

Anyway, I guess you'd have bitten my hand off 4 games ago if I had offered you 7 points from the games against Man C, Liverpool, Everton & Chelsea?

Does the fixture list get a little less testing now?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2015, 10:11:29 AM »

Not able to watch as much live football as a month or 2 ago- do Leicester show any signs of burning out at all? Or is this team the real deal in that they can keep it up through a 38 game PL season and still compete for the title or top 4? Never been a fan of Leicester but really bloody hope you can do it to stir things up a bit!

Feed em rice.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2015, 10:21:12 AM »

Is that the first time that Ranieri has adopted a more pragmatic & conservative approach?

Anyway, I guess you'd have bitten my hand off 4 games ago if I had offered you 7 points from the games against Man C, Liverpool, Everton & Chelsea?

Does the fixture list get a little less testing now?

this was the first time he tinkered formation. suppose you could argue a point against man c means it was a success

fixture list. a lot of bottom half teams at home, but tottenham, arsenal and man c away in jan-feb. 

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »

Not able to watch as much live football as a month or 2 ago- do Leicester show any signs of burning out at all? Or is this team the real deal in that they can keep it up through a 38 game PL season and still compete for the title or top 4? Never been a fan of Leicester but really bloody hope you can do it to stir things up a bit!

we don't know that yet

there is the january transfer window to get through, and we've been very lucky that the key players have been able to play every game

i would say we are clearly not as strong as arsenal, man u and tottenham either in terms of starting xi or squad but teams like chelsea and man u underperforming gives us a crack at 4th-6th

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »

a year ago

My eyes are open wide
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2015, 06:50:12 PM »

By God them were the glory days, 14th position!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »

Views on yesterday's effort, Tighty?

Bit of a bad spell the last 3 games, hope they can rediscover their touch. Was bound to happen I suppose, but now we'll see their character.

Spurs away, in the Cup, next Saturday. Must be a bit of a dilemma whether to play a full strength team, but I hope they do.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »

We will definitely play a squad team in the cup game at Spurs. heavily rotate. we have Spurs away in the league three days later and that will be the priority.

yesterday was the first game that the key players looked a bit leggy. missed a penalty, vardy missed a one on one and either get scored and the narrative is different.

teams are also beginning to adjust tactics against us. two on Mahrez when he gets the ball, defend deeper against the counter

still 40 points already, hoping to end with 65+ and in the league for the new TV deal bonanza next year.

Its all good

My eyes are open wide
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2016, 02:16:35 PM »

Gray for 3.75m if that's the price is a steal imo (maybe you even bid more in the summer). He is still very raw - but even if it doesn't work out I would say you would be able to resell him for almost all of that. He has bags of potential, if he gets a bit stronger and develops more end product he could be an excellent player and fit into your system well. I have no idea why we would have written a release clause so low into his contract. Absolute madness and again Birmingham are selling their best youth products for peanuts (eg Butland, Redmond).

Sad to see him go but inevitable I suppose as we are now a 100% selling club. Would love him on loan for the rest of the season but it would seem to make sense for Leicester to keep him in case of injuries and perhaps as an inpact sub.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2016, 02:20:38 PM »

had a medical yesterday

word is loaned back to the summer

scored a scorcher against us in pre-season and obvioulsy we have an eye on pace and his age there shouldnt be much downside

--

we also just got Ben Chilwell back from loan at Huddersfield. hope we can keep him for a couple of seasons. going to be a top class left back

My eyes are open wide
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2016, 05:07:31 PM »

a year ago

wow.

you were down a year ago.

no way back, sure fire, down.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 143 Go Up Print