blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:56:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338869 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2016, 09:47:30 PM »

Lol on twitter:

"Dad how did Leicester win the league?"

"It all started when Nigel Pearsons son racially abused a Thai prostitute in a sex orgy on video."

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2016, 10:32:11 PM »

Interesting listening to Dale Tempest of Skybet last night on talk sport.
Says they will lose 5 million on Leicester winning. They have 128 bets at 5000/1....from 10p to £20e/w
He said sky were happy (last night!) to listen to punters wanting to cash in.

What a ride..... good luck to them all  Smiley

Did he say how much money have they taken on the outright market?

They're not declaring a £5m net loss are they?

No, £5m is their liability on Leicester, not the book as a whole.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2016, 10:53:14 PM »

Says they will lose 5 million on Leicester winning. They have 128 bets at 5000/1....from 10p to £20e/w

What a ride..... good luck to them all  Smiley

Absolutely. I do like it when those figures are the ones published but they will have taken a few quid on Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool, whoever Pardew manages these days and obviously Stoke.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2016, 10:56:21 PM »

What a ride..... good luck to them all  Smiley

Absolutely. I do like it when those figures are the ones published but they will have taken a few quid on Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool, whoever Pardew manages these days and obviously Stoke.

so in fact fantastic publicity

lets say gross take is £10m, lose £5m if LCFC win it, net take £5m and next season everyone punts the outsiders and the big four re-assert and everyone does the lot, most probably

and lcfc probably don't win it anyway, so even better. they get publicity from feb-may about tickets at 5000-1 and ultimately they lose

bit like the super 6, or a big accumulator. the £250k/whatever is a fantastic use of marketing budget over the lifetime of customers for acquisition/extra volume from ice-creams etc 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2016, 10:16:32 AM »

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »

Caley's projection

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2016, 11:33:52 AM »

Another stunning result yesterday.

The unique thing about this whole story is that it has unified football fans everywhere, they are all rooting for Leicester, with the possible exception of those in Derby & Nottingham.

Not sure why, as this is most unusual, but it is probably down to their refreshing, almost gung-ho playing style. They don't appear to have a bus to park.

Add into that 3 sensational players, backed up by some players who really are playing the best football of their life. It reminds me somewhat of Clough's early years at Derby, when the team as a whole were greater than the sum of the parts.

Long may it last. It's absolutely revitalised the EPL. Just imagine the fun we'd have if the EPL introduced a NFL or NBA draft system.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2016, 11:41:57 AM »

interesting WBA have 10% relegation chances there.

After Arsenal, Leicester have very favourable run, 9 very winnable games almost all against lower half of the league teams. Really is very much in their hands now.

Leicester v Norwich

March 2016

Leicester v West Brom
Watford v Leicester
Leicester v Newcastle   
Crystal Palace v Leicester

April 2016

Leicester v Southampton
Sunderland v Leicester
Leicester v West Ham   
Leicester v Swansea      

Assuming it goes down to the last 3 games, Man United/Everton/Chelsea looks tough, but likely they won't have much to play for.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »

pleno, your free kick question...

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2016, 11:50:46 AM »

Long may it last. It's absolutely revitalised the EPL.

The EPL was like totally vital before Licesster became top of the table. It will probably remain so when they're not

sola virtus nobilitat
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2016, 12:25:56 PM »

Sorry I don't understand what it's trying to show? City defending the set piece poorly? I assumed this or does it show having 3 people out there took an extra city player away from a danger area and it was pre planned?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »

Sorry I don't understand what it's trying to show? City defending the set piece poorly? I assumed this or does it show having 3 people out there took an extra city player away from a danger area and it was pre planned?

just the odd defending. on MOTD they highlighted Zabaleta just to the right of the top right of the six yard box who was in the wrong position and that Huth showed more tenancity than De Michelis when the ball came in. Quite rare to see a ball, played in that low from a set piece, get that far really.

i don't think having 3 over the ball made any difference to that. I do know all three take a mean free kick. quite what happens if the ball is cleared and your left back is stuck by the corner flag over a free-kick, not sure.

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2016, 12:38:19 PM »

Yeh I usually understand having both right and left footed people over the ball to make opponents not be able to read the angle and sometimes understand 3 players in central positions where it can be stop and struck but never ever saw 3 players at this kind of angle as obviously it restricts how many people you can have in the box/potentially makes you vulnerable to counter attacks. Ranieri is obviously a tactical genius though so I'm very intrigued.

Will be interesting to see who Leicester attract next season. Carrick maybe? Think he'd be a pretty good signing with good experience and cheap and probably will see the exit door at Man United. Nathan Redmond if Norwich go down potentially a good signing. I'm not very clued up on continental football so unsure about anybody form outside of England but obviously scouting system is one of the best and sure they will continue to do good business.

John Terry? Smiley

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »

pretty sure they won't be looking at players on a last contract. cambiasso was a bit of a special case. Huth was a loan signing who transformed the back four so utterly that it would have been mad not to sign him

the whole thrust of the transfer policy has been to buy players in the early 20s, who you can get before the big boys want them (steve walsh and the scouting network) and they then

a) develop with you
b) sell on at profit if needed
c) second contract with you if possible

demarai gray is 19
Amartey is 21
Kante is 24
Mahrez  is 24
Drinkwater is 25

fuchs, albrighton (only 26 years old now) etc were on frees, so there wasn't a huge capital outlay where you are sinking cost without a sell on at the end, just the wages for length of contract to cover

maybe okazaki and inler don't fit that mould so much, but most of the signings do

don't expect that to change. players like nathan redmond would be very much like leicester signings

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2016, 12:49:20 PM »

interesting WBA have 10% relegation chances there.

After Arsenal, Leicester have very favourable run, 9 very winnable games almost all against lower half of the league teams. Really is very much in their hands now.

Leicester v Norwich

March 2016

Leicester v West Brom
Watford v Leicester
Leicester v Newcastle   
Crystal Palace v Leicester

April 2016

Leicester v Southampton
Sunderland v Leicester
Leicester v West Ham   
Leicester v Swansea      

Assuming it goes down to the last 3 games, Man United/Everton/Chelsea looks tough, but likely they won't have much to play for.

Well 6/9 are currently in the bottom half.  It does look a favourable run though.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: