blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:08:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 342378 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2016, 10:43:42 AM »

i like this one by Marcotti

"Past hardships inspire Leicester's unlikely Premier League title challenge "

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2805232/leicester-unlikely-premier-league-title-push

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2016, 01:44:02 PM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »

Whoever is keeping Kante out of the French national side must be some player, he's been immense again today.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2016, 02:45:55 PM »

Whoever is keeping Kante out of the French national side must be some player, he's been immense again today.

Ugh.

Kante is a great player though. Interceptions, great engine.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2016, 05:44:05 PM »

the local newspaper report extract

"Kante: more than a tackler

A general theme occurred at the Emirates. Arsenal got the ball, N'Golo Kante won it back. Arsenal got the ball, Kante won it back. Arsenal got the ball, Kante won it back. Repeat.

He was everywhere. If the caused seemed lost, Kante resurrected it.

He is a constant, relentless, irrepressible tackler. Yet he is so much more than that too. To label him a 'tackler' is to do him a gross injustice. It just colours in the edges.

Yes, he tackles. But he also blocks, bites, battles and bruises; nicks, nabs, nips, snaps, steals, surges, sneaks, scampers, hassles, harangues, hampers, hurries and scurries. He sleuths, pesters, pinches, pickpockets, hustles, bustles, drives, reads, foresees and retrieves. And he does not stop."

reflecting, the sending off Ranieri didnt think either were a yellow but some you get some you don't. Thought simpson was a bit rash so soon after the first booking

the 95th minute challenge from wasilewski for the last free kick,daft

small margins.

Arsenal gave it large on winning, lap of honour, topless selfies from the changing room minutes after the final whistle and much joy. Shows how far we've come, we are still right in it

We have a week off now (and the players have been told to go away, Ranieri is off to Rome) whilst arsenal, man c play three games in the champions league and F A Cup.

that has to be a big help for us, Norwich at home next and hopefully back on track

My eyes are open wide
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 14, 2016, 09:20:22 PM »

I was beginning to think maybe I was just lacking in my knowledge of the game a little when people keep going on about players that do a similar role to Kante being good footballers and I think they're awful.

That certainly wasn't the case today, thought he was easily the best player on the pitch. Today was the first full game I've watched Leicester play this season and he was hugely impressive.

Thought the 2nd yellow was extremely harsh, but as said was a silly mistake to make and shouldn't have gave the ref the chance to send him off.

Sighs at the end but 6/9 points would've been snapped up I expect. Still got a great shout, I'm starting to fancy Spurs to get it done but they have a lot of fixtures to play so gives you an edge there for sure. Also doesn't feel like there's any chance you'll take any of your so called easy games lightly so if pressure doesn't become an issue then very much still in with a big chance of winning the title, enjoy the ride.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 14, 2016, 09:34:25 PM »

Thought gray was naive for the first goal. Well just lacking defensive awareness not surprising for a player who has had a free role for most of his career at Birmingham.

He did track back well after that which is a good sign.

Kante very good obviously but matudi and pogba are rather good
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2016, 10:32:00 PM »

Thought gray was naive for the first goal. Well just lacking defensive awareness not surprising for a player who has had a free role for most of his career at Birmingham.

I can't really bring myself to criticise Claudio but I thought the taking off of Mahrez was a strange move when essentially he was replacing him with Gray eventually.I Like the kid but under the circumstances he was brought into the game it's hardly surprising if he wasn't a bit rabbit in headlights. Mahrez looked a bit bewildered as well at the substitution. Appreciating the disappointment of being sent off I thought Simpson's clear expletive to one of the coaching staff was bang out of order and the first time I've witnessed any form of dissent in the team in a long long time.

Hopefully the two week break will give them all I me to settle down, regroup and march on.

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 14, 2016, 10:40:50 PM »

I can't really bring myself to criticise Claudio but I thought the taking off of Mahrez was a strange move when essentially he was replacing him with Gray eventually.I Like the kid but under the circumstances he was brought into the game it's hardly surprising if he wasn't a bit rabbit in headlights. Mahrez looked a bit bewildered as well at the substitution. Appreciating the disappointment of being sent off I thought Simpson's clear expletive to one of the coaching staff was bang out of order and the first time I've witnessed any form of dissent in the team in a long long time.

Hopefully the two week break will give them all I me to settle down, regroup and march on.

Mahrez was taken off earlier in the season a couple of times as I think his defensive qualities were thought to be lacking.

In the last 8 games, Leicester have conceded 4 goals. How many goals have Leicester conceded when Mahrez was on the pitch in those 8 games (649 minutes)? Not a single one. They have conceded 4 goals in the 71 minutes he wasn't on the pitch!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2016, 10:20:26 AM »

now i know its not going to be easy to beat sides scrapping, but the run in could be worse

- 0 games left vs top 4 sides
- 2 away trips vs top 10 sides
- 8 games vs bottom half sides
- 2 points clear 

Click to see full-size image.

before we play again Arsenal have Hull and Barca, Tottenham have Fiorentina twice and Palace, City have Chelsea and Kiev away

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 15, 2016, 10:39:43 AM »

Norwich at home next and hopefully back on track (Tighty)

regroup and march on. (Old father Tim)

Guess you are not used to losing games these days, but I don't think a narrow defeat at one of the best Clubs in the League is anything to be troubled by, or any "re-grouping" is necessary. It's not as if the wheels came off, or you played badly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:44:57 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 15, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »

First time I've really watched Leicester yesterday. Incred how bad the league is this year that Leicester are top. Shirley only Kante and possibly Mahrez get a look in at any sizable European Club or Spurs

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 16, 2016, 09:53:32 AM »

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 28, 2016, 04:58:06 PM »

Updated Barclays Premier League title prices

15/8f Leicester City,
2/1 Tottenham,
11/4 Arsenal,
11/2 Man City,
80/1 Man Utd

incredible season, all round

by all acconts huffed and puffed yesterday against a stream that strung 5 across the 18 yard box and allowed no room in behind

got a late crucial goal

west brom at home tuesday, might see more of the same from the away side

My eyes are open wide
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2016, 05:12:28 PM »

Tbf Tighty Norwich came to play and could have had the game sown up quite early on. Our first shot on target was in the 60thish minute from a free kick. Klosse did a good just job nullifying Vardy, and Mahrez got the usual 2 on 1 treatment and really only came into it in the final half hour. As a game it was a non event for any neutral but if you have to win "ugly" who cares!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: