blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:45:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 341921 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 10, 2016, 09:16:25 PM »

Key point is we don't have to sell. all players under decent long term contracts, new TV deal means no PL team is going to be turned by £.

the league is going to get more and more competitive as more teams recruit talent because their wage bills beat most european leagues.

if a player is unhappy, or has his head turned by barcelona /psg etc, different story but the days of the english "top 4" having a monopoly over talent in the PL are long long gone

You'd be wise to sell, if not this summer definitely next summer. PL will be back to normal next season and no players in this day and age will be happy if they're denied big money moves when the sexier teams come knocking. Cash in on some of the players while their value is at their peak and preserve the long term future of the club in the PL. It would be bad for Leicester to get carried away with themselves now assuming they're going to fight it out with City, Chelsea etc. every season.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 10, 2016, 09:24:43 PM »

Key point is we don't have to sell. all players under decent long term contracts, new TV deal means no PL team is going to be turned by £.

the league is going to get more and more competitive as more teams recruit talent because their wage bills beat most european leagues.

if a player is unhappy, or has his head turned by barcelona /psg etc, different story but the days of the english "top 4" having a monopoly over talent in the PL are long long gone

You'd be wise to sell, if not this summer definitely next summer. PL will be back to normal next season and no players in this day and age will be happy if they're denied big money moves when the sexier teams come knocking. Cash in on some of the players while their value is at their peak and preserve the long term future of the club in the PL. It would be bad for Leicester to get carried away with themselves now assuming they're going to fight it out with City, Chelsea etc. every season.

Will it be back to normal though?  For that to happen we have to assume Spurs will go back to their 5th/6th berth - I'm not sure that's likely to happen with a champs league spot and new stadium on the way.  West Ham should start punching harder in the next couple of years as well.   Liverpool under Klopp as well.  At the end of the day there are only so many Champ League spots to go round so I don't think it's a given by any means that we revert to type with Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal/Utd taking their "rightful" places.  And that's before we even consider whether Leicester are just a flash in the pan.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 11, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »

Champions League football confirmed for next season then, Tighty?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 11, 2016, 09:57:19 AM »

Champions League football confirmed for next season then, Tighty?

Guaranteed at least 4th, so into the third round of the qualifying, a two leg tie, minimum

4 points required for top 3 and straight into the groups

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 11, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »

fundamentally disagree with us

if not lcfc, there will be other clubs breaking through

the structure of the new tv deal and the wider dispersion of talent coming into the league will make it much more competitive going forward

completely wrong to say the top 4 will reassert, some might as early as next season but spurs with that team are here to stay, west ham could kick on again with their funding advantage in the olympic stadium and others will break through too

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 11, 2016, 10:51:54 AM »

the structure of the new tv deal and the wider dispersion of talent coming into the league will make it much more competitive going forward

completely wrong to say the top 4 will reassert, some might as early as next season but spurs with that team are here to stay, west ham could kick on again with their funding advantage in the olympic stadium and others will break through too

Whilst Leicester might not have to sell players, if you could sell one player for really stupid money, wouldn't it be a smart move to take it?

This applies to any club, not just Leicester.

Only takes a player to break his leg, form/confidence to go or run his contract down etc to get nothing.

Surely, if the money is spent wisely, it makes sense to sell the odd player whilst keeping the vast majority of the key players in place?
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 11, 2016, 11:14:34 AM »

https://streamable.com/n21j
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 11, 2016, 11:16:11 AM »

Whilst Leicester might not have to sell players, if you could sell one player for really stupid money, wouldn't it be a smart move to take it?

This applies to any club, not just Leicester.

Only takes a player to break his leg, form/confidence to go or run his contract down etc to get nothing.

Surely, if the money is spent wisely, it makes sense to sell the odd player whilst keeping the vast majority of the key players in place?

Yes of course. Contract length is the main thing. That apart there is no compulsion to sell at all and that will apply to all PL teams, the new TV deal means all will be exceptionally funded

Barcelona, Real and PSG are going to be big draws for the likes of mahrez and kante. man c, chelsea, united etc much less so.

My eyes are open wide
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 11, 2016, 01:44:20 PM »

I agree the PL is going to be less top heavy going forward but come on, it's pushing it to say if City came in for £50m for Mahrez this summer you should say no...like they're your direct rivals all of a sudden. The player himself will still want to go of course, Leicester might have the financial ability to sate him but how do you compensate for the whole host of other factors that come with it? The player will become unhappy,  depreciate in value, and you'll end up in mid table anyway like you always would have done except now you have less money.

Make the most of the hype surrounding the freak season, cash in for more than what your players are worth, and stay in the PL for the next 20 years. Going forward the competitiveness of the league could turn out to be a curse rather than a blessing too of course, and there's no reason Leicester are more immune to that than other recently promoted clubs.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 11, 2016, 01:53:48 PM »

will they want to go though?

leicster doesnt look like a team of want-away super-players who see themselves as The Next Big Thing and being a cut above the players around them.

would warming the bench and getting a few runouts in whatever the spanish / french equivalent of the rumbelows cup really compete with being at the beating heart of the reigning english champions? competing in champions league whilst being the first name on the team sheet? to know that when you come up against a tier 1 side that they will discussing you, watching videos on you  and being seen as the man to watch.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2016, 02:44:41 PM »

well its like asking if WHU will sell Payet, Stoke Shaqiri etc. they might, but they don't need to

there are particular circumstances why both kante and mahrez could go, kante misses france, mahrez is a boyhood barca fan etc. no one is going to begrudge them moves to huge european clubs but i think we would hold out to selling them into the domestic league to teams we think (possibly wrongly) are competition

and if they do go abroad then we know there is a good scouting network to go again. yesterday, because i know one of the team at base crunching the data, i found out that lcfc were scouting in poland, norway, spain and germany yeaterday. have been 9 strong across europe all season compiling lists for the summer to specifications from ranieri and walsh

i don't necessarily accept that this season is a one off with mixing it with the big boys. clearly with extra games to play, reversion to the mean on injuries, teams setting up against us differently the most likely outcome is a slip back to mid-table but there is going to be considerable summer spending on providing a stronger squad for next season. everyone else will be spending too of course

and of course you'd have to assume that conte, guardiola, klopp etc mean their teams are right up there.

but i would have thought mixing it for the top six was feasible next year with or without mahrez and kante

My eyes are open wide
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2016, 03:40:13 PM »

wheres the rumour kante is homesick from
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »

Leicester were never going to be any good after they lost Cambiasso

Just saying...

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 11, 2016, 03:47:39 PM »

wheres the rumour kante is homesick from

its not a rumour, he struggles with homesickness. shy young single guy in Leicester, go figure.

My eyes are open wide
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 11, 2016, 03:54:07 PM »

when has he said that tho
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: