blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338862 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:29 PM »

the ground holds 32,000

there is a waiting list of 10,000 for season tickets

of course if we fall away then so does that waiting list.

thats the judgement they will have to make as a club, how sustainable is it to be near the top reaches? what happens if the worst case we are relegated?

as a one club city of 830,000 population (metropolitan area only, not leicestershire as a whole) with the recent success leading to support from further afield too then its going to be tempting to try to shift into the "big club" category

What was (were?) the average attendance in the 14/15 season?

Its been sold out for the two seasons in the Premier League. Demand for seats went barmy after christmas this year, but of course how transitory this is is the big question

25-26k in the championship until the latter half of the promotion season

a classic "go for it or not question"

Well if it was sold out at 32,000 for both the last 2 Seasons, if we add in some natural growth from the success bounce, then I guess 40,000 to 45,000 sounds attainable & realistic.

I suppose part of the dilemma is these things - Planning Applications, build period etc, have such lengthy gestation, we are talking 4 to 5 years minimum, are we not? Lot can happen in 5 years.

That area around J21 would be perfect, but my word, the land there is "prime" & seriously pricey.   

That's a seriously awkward dilemma for the Club, but really, if they want to be another giant, like, say, Arsenal, that's what they'll have to do.

i believe, without knowing the details, that the land opposite the everards brewery up from fosse park has some sort of zoning concessions to attract firms to the area to build etc

but yes, i suppose they can plan and cost next season and make a decision when things look a bit clearer

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 17, 2016, 05:39:20 PM »

the ground holds 32,000

thats the judgement they will have to make as a club, how sustainable is it to be near the top reaches? what happens if the worst case we are relegated?

as a one club city of 830,000 population (metropolitan area only, not leicestershire as a whole) with the recent success leading to support from further afield too then its going to be tempting to try to shift into the "big club" category

How far out of Leics do you have to go to get to 830k pop?  Harborough?  Loughborough?

Leicester metropolitan area, 2011 census

330,000 in central leicester alone

"City and unitary authority area    337,653 (Ranked 16th)
 •  • Urban    509,000
 • Metro    836,484"

Where are the boundaries of that in reality then to get to 830k?  Great glen?  Inside or outside?  Oadby? Wigston?  Kibworth? Enderby?  Never understand how far out this type of population number covers in any city.

Still can't believe 240k turned out last night.  Amazing.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 17, 2016, 05:40:01 PM »

the ground holds 32,000

What was (were?) the average attendance in the 14/15 season?

Its been sold out for the two seasons in the Premier League. Demand for seats went barmy after christmas this year, but of course how transitory this is is the big question

25-26k in the championship until the latter half of the promotion season

a classic "go for it or not question"

Well if it was sold out at 32,000 for both the last 2 Seasons, if we add in some natural growth from the success bounce, then I guess 40,000 to 45,000 sounds attainable & realistic.

I suppose part of the dilemma is these things - Planning Applications, build period etc, have such lengthy gestation, we are talking 4 to 5 years minimum, are we not? Lot can happen in 5 years.

That area around J21 would be perfect, but my word, the land there is "prime" & seriously pricey.   

That's a seriously awkward dilemma for the Club, but really, if they want to be another giant, like, say, Arsenal, that's what they'll have to do.

i believe, without knowing the details, that the land opposite the everards brewery up from fosse park has some sort of zoning concessions to attract firms to the area to build etc

but yes, i suppose they can plan and cost next season and make a decision when things look a bit clearer

That could cut 2 years off the process.

I guess the land the existing stadium sits on must be worth a few bob, too?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 17, 2016, 05:42:12 PM »

yes and the current stadium is owned by the club and paid for (when the thais came in). opposite the river soar from the stadium are exec flats, no reason why the current stadium land couldnt be used for the same if it came to it

My eyes are open wide
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 17, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »

Think Leicestershire as a whole is 940,000ish. Huge catchment though, there was hundreds queuing at Harborough station yesterday to get to the parade. My lads team played against teams from Harborough/Ibstock/Oakham and every team had 7 or 8 season ticket holders.

And if the waitlist is 10,000 there will probably be 10,000 more like me and my son who are not on the list but would buy one if they were available.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 17, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »

I've heard a few rumours that the land opposite Everards is going to be an Ikea.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 17, 2016, 07:58:06 PM »

I've heard a few rumours that the land opposite Everards is going to be an Ikea.
Sick of seeing the horses on that land struggling to stand on a dry surface. Can't see it being there tbh, Stay put and rebuild onto what you have.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 17, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »

Sick of seeing the horses on that land struggling to stand on a dry surface. Can't see it being there tbh, Stay put and rebuild onto what you have.

Or wait for Leicester to host the Commonwealth Games and get a good deal on the stadium...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 17, 2016, 08:47:13 PM »

Or wait for Leicester to host the Commonwealth Games and get a good deal on the stadium...

Smiley

Enjoy the Europa League.

Again.

Best Bitter.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 17, 2016, 10:20:27 PM »

bit early to tell, but if you gave me this squad intact plus additions to cope with the extra games i'd like to say 5th-8th and challenging for europa league

Would you take top 6 and a Cup Final mate?

Grin Grin

I went yesterday and stood in Victoria Park from about 4pm. Was just amazing and the atmosphere was as good as most rock concerts. The compère was a bit meh and totally lost the crowd on several ocassions. The advice on trains was totally useless "if you're heading north, entrance xxxx, if you're heading south, entrance xxxx". And us heading east? The station crew were all former Ryanair employees!

Apart from that a truly, truly fantastic ocassion and roll on transfer deadline day to see what the vultures leave us with.

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 19, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »

1 million fans on the parade through Bangkok

times have changed

"“There’s a Thai owner and a Japanese player. So this is Asia’s team,” said Lin Nu, a 50-year-old hospital employee who came with several friends from Leicester City’s Thai fan site. "

going to be a massive source of revenue for the club if that is anything like right

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/19/leicester-citys-premier-league-title-celebrations-hit-streets-of-bangkok?CMP=share_btn_tw

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:21:52 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 19, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »

planning trips ahead...

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 19, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »

Have you seen Leicester abroad before Tighty?

Such immense trips, honestly the 90 minutes of football usually gets in the way! Very fond memories of following City and Europe and beyond, win lose or draw Smiley

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 19, 2016, 03:21:18 PM »

Such immense trips, honestly the 90 minutes of football usually gets in the way! Very fond memories of following City and Europe and beyond, win lose or draw Smiley

Atletico Madrid in 2001. Fantastic night

the red star belgrade game was in vienna and i couldnt do

all being well will do at least one away group game. looking at pot 2 we can't go wrong really, huge clubs great stadia, reasonable chances of getting there

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 19, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »

Atletico Madrid in 2001. Fantastic night

the red star belgrade game was in vienna and i couldnt do

all being well will do at least one away group game. looking at pot 2 we can't go wrong really, huge clubs great stadia, reasonable chances of getting there

Mind your arse at Napoli.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: