blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 341792 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 16, 2016, 11:06:49 AM »

£9m for schlupp is a good price, would take it. squad player with great pace. would be worth fortunes if he could shoot straight

Mahrez is under contract until 2019 and there is no release clause. he'll go but wouldn't expect it to be yet. if it does it will be top price and we'll reinvest

non-supporters are far too gloomy (as they were about southampton), going to be fine with the recruitment team in place

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 16, 2016, 11:15:35 AM »

Leicester are a bit of a nightmare for the Spread firms to price this season imo.  On the face of it a 25 point drop is very derogatory, but if on the flip side it's not unimaginable with champions league football this season (plus potential extra games post Xmas) that they could really struggle to adapt.   I wouldn't have a clue where to pitch their quote if I was a bookie.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 16, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »

Leicester are a bit of a nightmare for the Spread firms to price this season imo.  On the face of it a 25 point drop is very derogatory, but if on the flip side it's not unimaginable with champions league football this season (plus potential extra games post Xmas) that they could really struggle to adapt.   I wouldn't have a clue where to pitch their quote if I was a bookie.

They are virtually the same price as Stoke to go down on betfair.  Stoke are in for 45 points.  Might say more about what a great tiny risk buy Stoke are at that price however.

20/1 Leicester to go down at hills won't see the day out imo.  I am amazed how bullish Leicester fans still are with their rose tinted glasses on.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:20:50 AM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 16, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »

I am amazed how bullish Leicester fans still are with their rose tinted glasses on.

thats just unfair and a lazy argument

we see, closer than generalists like you, the processes, recruitment and skill of the behind the scenes stuff at the club.

we won't win it again of course but i am amazed how bearish some other fans are through their foggy glasses.

the default is "x has gone, y is going, reality strikes" i think its bollocks, just as it was for Southampton

i am expecting to challenge for the top 6 and would be very surprised if we were outside the top half

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 16, 2016, 11:33:54 AM »

Leicester are a bit of a nightmare for the Spread firms to price this season imo.  On the face of it a 25 point drop is very derogatory, but if on the flip side it's not unimaginable with champions league football this season (plus potential extra games post Xmas) that they could really struggle to adapt.   I wouldn't have a clue where to pitch their quote if I was a bookie.

They are virtually the same price as Stoke to go down on betfair.  Stoke are in for 45 points.  Might say more about what a great tiny risk buy Stoke are at that price however.

20/1 Leicester to go down at hills won't see the day out imo.  I am amazed how bullish Leicester fans still are with their rose tinted glasses on.

Stoke are rock solid - you can pretty much be certain they'll be in the 40-52 point band I would imagine.  Leicester could do anything next year taking into account last year's performance and the new variables.  With a price of 56 or whatever it is I'd be worried being long or short.  Could end up anywhere!  I do agree that I can't see much going wrong with the Stoke buy at 45.  Just cannot envisage you ever having more than 3/4 points downside.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 16, 2016, 11:39:29 AM »

I am amazed how bullish Leicester fans still are with their rose tinted glasses on.

we see, closer than generalists like you, the processes, recruitment and skill of the behind the scenes stuff at the club.

we won't win it again of course but i am amazed how bearish some other fans are through their foggy glasses.

the default is "x has gone, y is going, reality strikes" i think its bollocks, just as it was for Southampton

i am expecting to challenge for the top 6 and would be very surprised if we were outside the top half

Tighty you talk like Leicester are the only team in the EPL doing all the behind the scenes stuff Leicester are doing.  Professional sport around the world generally is a copy cat game as the pack 'copy' what the current winners are doing.  Any relative edge Leicester had previously in this area (and it will have been relatively small and a lot of positive variance in the signings which were made to boot over a tiny sample size as we have discussed before for the tiny fees) will be massively diminished this season.  Even if you find these players you won't be paying the bargain basement fees for them this season because you are in the Champions League.  When you are one of the favs to go down like you were last season it is a lot easy to 'nick' a player on the cheap.

There are just so many second season issues/factors which go against Leicester in this spot.  It is hard to find anything that will actually go in your favour next season.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 16, 2016, 11:44:43 AM »

They are virtually the same price as Stoke to go down on betfair.  Stoke are in for 45 points.  Might say more about what a great tiny risk buy Stoke are at that price however.

Stoke are rock solid - you can pretty much be certain they'll be in the 40-52 point band I would imagine.  Leicester could do anything next year taking into account last year's performance and the new variables.  With a price of 56 or whatever it is I'd be worried being long or short.  Could end up anywhere!  I do agree that I can't see much going wrong with the Stoke buy at 45.  Just cannot envisage you ever having more than 3/4 points downside.

Obviously the deviations involved with Leics are potentially huge and Stoke are the polar opposite.  I get all that.   Let's see how two aging, paceless 30 something centre halves cope this season (playing twice a week most weeks with little rest and plenty of travel compared to having 7 days between each game to prepare physically and tactically last season) without their enforcer sitting in front of them mopping up all the danger.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:02:23 PM by arbboy » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 16, 2016, 12:01:52 PM »

Tighty you talk like Leicester are the only team in the EPL doing all the behind the scenes stuff Leicester are doing.  Professional sport around the world generally is a copy cat game as the pack 'copy' what the current winners are doing.  Any relative edge Leicester had previously in this area (and it will have been relatively small and a lot of positive variance in the signings which were made to boot over a tiny sample size as we have discussed before for the tiny fees) will be massively diminished this season.  Even if you find these players you won't be paying the bargain basement fees for them this season because you are in the Champions League.  When you are one of the favs to go down like you were last season it is a lot easy to 'nick' a player on the cheap.

There are just so many second season issues/factors which go against Leicester in this spot.  It is hard to find anything that will actually go in your favour next season.

I don't want to trade Leicester this year, but where would you pitch their points quote?  I think it's such a hard one to price up for all the reasons we have discussed.  It's one of the few instances where a 1.5 point spread feels too small for a season points quote if I were a bookie.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 16, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »

I don't want to trade Leicester this year, but where would you pitch their points quote?  I think it's such a hard one to price up for all the reasons we have discussed.  It's one of the few instances where a 1.5 point spread feels too small for a season points quote if I were a bookie.

I would happily lay Leicester for a top 6 finish at top price 2/1 for decent money.  That is the bet i would be most keen to smash into.  Leicester bottom half finish 3/1.  Laying vardy top 4 goalscorer around the 4/1 mark i would imagine.  I will be opposing Leicester on most markets.  Expecting to get a decent price Stoke top Midlands etc.  WH/Soton/Everton/Stoke v Leics match bets.  You don't get spots like this very often in sport that are so hard to price up so you have to get involved as potentially there are ricks everywhere.

With the quote i just don't see a spot where Leicester get anywhere close to 70 points this season.  I don't actually see that much downside in selling.  I think the quote is too high but i understand why because they will still see buyers at that price because it is '25 points lower than last season's total'.

Only Spurs and Arsenal out of the top 6 are probably fully exposed.  The other 4 teams are open to any amount of improvement on last season for obvious reasons (including 2 of them not having any European scheduling/rest issues as well - this was one of Leicester's biggest competitive advantages last season).  When was the last time so many of the big 6 were open to so much improvement in the same season?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:23:27 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 16, 2016, 07:25:10 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/16/leicester-city-resigned-to-losing-head-of-recruitment-steve-wals/

Anyone going to be left?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 20, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »

this looks like it is happening today and is a big blow, more than any player going

going to be director of football at his boyhood club two miles away from where he lives. Has been travelling liverpool-leicester and back almost daily for 5 years, plus scouting trips at weekends.

impact unlikely to be felt too much this year but as the lists and data compiled become less relevant as time goes on then we'll need to see how he is replaced

--

on brighter matters, Mahrez played last nigt at Oxford and in their 45 minutes each both Demarai Gray and Ahmed usa looked superb

Musa is very quick, slated for the hole behind Vardy and we should be hugely dangerous on the counter if we can win the ball without Kante (of course he often won it unexpectedly so we could counter without the opponent being in defensive alignements)

--

next up Celtic, PSG and Barcelona in the champions cup ahead of the community shield. 12,000 miles to travel for those three games, in glasgow, LA and stockholm

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 24, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 24, 2016, 12:36:01 PM »

Mahrez looked amazing. Leicster looked awful defensively though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 24, 2016, 12:42:47 PM »

Mahrez looked amazing. Leicster looked awful defensively though.

lol, no they didn't. All the Ranieri type narrow defending and closing the gaps was put in place and looked to be solid

Chilwell at left back is going to be a superstar. about to sign a new contract

trying different combinations at centre back yesterday, and morgan and huth were not together

Drinkwater patrolled in front of the back four fine. clearly going to miss Kante, but Amartey looked very good there second half

all systems go really, but roll on the end of the transfer window

team flies off to LA tomorrow to play PSG on Sunday

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 24, 2016, 12:55:19 PM »

Did you watch the whole game? They were very very shaky at the back.

If you were so great how come you drew 1-1 with a team that got beat off a Gibraltarian team the week earlier in a competitive match?!

I watched the whole game, in my completely unbiased view Mahrez was by far the best player on the pitch, as a team You looked very shaky defensively. It's only pre season though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: