blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338632 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 25, 2016, 11:50:09 AM »

Tighty, can I pick your brain for Leicester knowledge? (the city, not the team)

Band playing at the o2 in November I'm 99% gonna travel down to see, and will have to stay the night. Decent hotels in reasonable (walking) proximity to the venue and also the train station? Don't wanna spend too much but equally don't wanna be in a shit tip Smiley

Cheers.

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 25, 2016, 11:59:35 AM »

Band playing at the o2 in November I'm 99% gonna travel down to see, and will have to stay the night. Decent hotels in reasonable (walking) proximity to the venue and also the train station? Don't wanna spend too much but equally don't wanna be in a shit tip Smiley

Cheers.

the Premier Inn is right next to the station, then ten minutes up the road to the university campus. fine for one night, mid market business/leisure hotel and v v convenient for everything

Leicester Central is the one you are looking for, there are several in leicester

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/leicestershire/leicester/leicester-central-a50.html

just down the road and a touch more expensive is the Ramada Encore. 3 mins to train station, 10-15 to the 02 walking.

http://www.leicestercitycentrehotel.com/

either is fine imo

the one visiting football teams stay at is the marriott out by the motorway, which is very plush. one of the good marriotts. far far less convenient for city centre stuff though

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/emalm-leicester-marriott-hotel/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 25, 2016, 12:09:57 PM »

Cheers.

the Premier Inn is right next to the station, then ten minutes up the road to the university campus. fine for one night, mid market business/leisure hotel and v v convenient for everything

Leicester Central is the one you are looking for, there are several in leicester

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/leicestershire/leicester/leicester-central-a50.html

just down the road and a touch more expensive is the Ramada Encore. 3 mins to train station, 10-15 to the 02 walking.

either is fine imo

the one visiting football teams stay at is the marriott out by the motorway, which is very plush. one of the good marriotts. far far less convenient for city centre stuff though

Good stuff, appreciated. £37.50 for the Premier Inn more than appeals to my tight Yorkshire disposition. Can't recall ever being in Leicester! Think its an international break as no Premier League football that weekend but might go see a lower league midlands game if something fits the schedule. Bit rude not to if I'm in that neck of the woods.

Cheers again.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 25, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »

Cheers.

either is fine imo

Good stuff, appreciated. £37.50 for the Premier Inn more than appeals to my tight Yorkshire disposition. Can't recall ever being in Leicester! Think its an international break as no Premier League football that weekend but might go see a lower league midlands game if something fits the schedule. Bit rude not to if I'm in that neck of the woods.

Cheers again.

If you are in Leicester, & want something interesting to go & see, this is a must.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 25, 2016, 11:32:06 PM »

Give us a shout nearer the time, can crash at our Blue House and sleep under Photos and Flags of City, we can go on the lash if you wish Smiley

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 26, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »

Give us a shout nearer the time, can crash at our Blue House and sleep under Photos and Flags of City, we can go on the lash if you wish Smiley

Haha, I'll have a lady in tow so not sure how popular that would make me with her Wink

Surprised George2lose wasn't first in with sociable offers....

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 29, 2016, 12:43:14 PM »

this is a good catch

going to be a special player

Ben Chilwell signs new lcfc contract to June 2021: http://leic.it/2a2Ed8J

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 29, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »

Bartosz Kapustka | Poland's Teenage Soccer Sensation

signing for £7m

exciting

"Cracovia News ‏@CracoviaNews

#LCFC fans - in #Kapustka you're getting the best Polish youth prospect in 20+ years. Even Lewandowski wasn't rated this highly when he left"

My eyes are open wide
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 29, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »

Tighty,

If Mahrez stays who of Albrighton/Gray/Kapustka do you think gets the most minutes on the left?
If Mahrez goes which two of the trio will start on the wings? Or is not that simple?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 30, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »

Tighty,

If Mahrez stays who of Albrighton/Gray/Kapustka do you think gets the most minutes on the left?
If Mahrez goes which two of the trio will start on the wings? Or is not that simple?

not easy questions

You have to include Schlupp too on the left. Chilwell is very close to supplanting Fuchs at left back and Schlupp will be exclusively be used further forward

Gray has progressed a lot, and probably replaces Mahrez if it comes to it. If he stays i could see it being a very "horses for courses" type of season on the flanks with all of them featuring.  

to throw a spanner in Ranieri has mooted featuring different formations this season

the thinking is that Kante allowed us to play 4-4-2 even against the top teams as we could match up even a midfielder light because of Kante's ability to shield the back four

without him it is suggested that we could be outgunned in midfield, especially away from home and against the big boys

so a 4-3-3 (4-5-1 without the ball, 4-3-3 with it) has been worked on a lot

something like

Schmeichel

Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs/Chilwell

Mendy Drinkwater Amartey

Mahrez           Musa
                Vardy

with Mahrez and Musa dropping back and in front of the full backs without the ball but three very quick players up top for the counter if the three in the middle win the ball

in that formation none of the wide players start.

so picking a team/formation etc is tougher this season, in part because we have 6 more games before Xmas and rotation is much more likely

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 30, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »

What happened to Inhler?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 30, 2016, 10:28:50 AM »

What happened to Inhler?

Inler

couldn't break into the side when he arrived a year ago

a few games into the season Kante-Drinkwater partnership was formed and given the form the pair were soon in Inler couldn't get a look in. Both players remained fit, and not enough games for rotation to be required. Inler was behind Kng too

spent much of the season on/off the bench

in the few games he did play (cups etc) looked off the pace

all this meant he was left out of the Swiss Euro 2016 squad

wasn't taken to LA this week for the PSG game

played for the U23s at Nuneaton last sunday

would like to stay and win a place (wages v good) but a loan deal back to the continent looks likely
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:32:30 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 30, 2016, 10:38:02 AM »

Tighty,

Leicester formation thoughts...
Thanks for the answer Rich, much appreciated. Interesting times ahead by the sounds of things.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 30, 2016, 03:06:15 PM »

Thoughts on knockeart? Newcastle apparantly on verge of securing his signature.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 30, 2016, 03:34:52 PM »

Thoughts on knockeart? Newcastle apparantly on verge of securing his signature.

one of my favourite players to watch

discovered in french football by Walsh and was terrific for us in the championship over a couple of seasons

a bit of a character, and not the best trainer, he fell out with Pearson (for whom you need to show work ethic to go with the flair) who hardly picked him the season after we got promoted in the Premier league then sold him at the end of the season

Will create loads off either flank and show great skill

scored possibly the best goal i have seen live, the second one here the back heel volleyed flick

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: