blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338876 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: October 15, 2016, 10:13:21 PM »

Wes Morgan looks so so poor this year.

Poor Kasper getting a lot of practice.

WM has been poor at elite EPL level for his whole career.  He just got lucky last year.  He was hardly tearing up the championship for years at Forest in his prime years.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 15, 2016, 10:21:53 PM »

Literally being shown up for what they are.

Even own players admit the fact they cant cheat (foul and hold in the box) stops them from defending.

I would lose a limb for them to get relegated. Think perfect follow up to the Hollywood film, bottom to top to bottom in 3 years.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 15, 2016, 11:53:31 PM »

I don't understand the hatred toward Leicester Dan. Pretty harsh.

This was always going to be the case. Which is why last season is all the more special

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 15, 2016, 11:59:01 PM »

I don't really see relegation happening.  They have had a fairly tough run of fixtures, and the next half dozen or so are going to be a fair bit easier.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were back in the top half this time next month.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 16, 2016, 03:54:39 AM »

Why did LFC fans boo Kante? Seems harsh considering what he did for them last year. Who can blame him for moving to a bigger club at his age?

Run out of steam and got old quickly when they started to appreciate he has a million touches  per game. Was pretty funny..

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 17, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »

Literally being shown up for what they are.

Even own players admit the fact they cant cheat (foul and hold in the box) stops them from defending.

I would lose a limb for them to get relegated. Think perfect follow up to the Hollywood film, bottom to top to bottom in 3 years.

I didn't see the game as i was working, but i must say is there really any need for this tone?

Last season was special, a complete one off and unfortunately i have been wincing a bit at some of this season

- off the field the whole supporter base is still revelling in last year. The manager is off on occasions accepting awards and opening museums etc. Vardy has a book out. Comes back from Slovenia and a day later is doing book signings having done press the week before. eyes are a bit off the ball

- the owners are reportedly prioritising the champions league for perception and cachet at home. So i didn't think too much of this, which i have heard around the place, until Ranieri rested Mahrez and Slimani at Chelsea for tomorrow night. Lets get to 40 points please, number one priority. Yes i know this champions league season is an opportunity and likely a one off one, but eyes again are a bit off the ball

- on the field, away from home we are easy to play through. Not a great deal to do with the new penalty box rules but just giving away bad goals, and an insistence on playing 4-4-2 against good teams away leaves us shorthanded in midfield.

- the run of away games has been tough. Lverpool, Man U and Chelsea

- home form is fine, but home fixtures have been easier Arsenal apart

- tactically teams have adapted, defending deeper and we've been playing in straight lines a bit, quite predictable

- absolutely nothing wrong with Drinkwater (nirvana). apparently best of a bad bunch at chelsea, been the best outfield player we've had all season but Amartey next to him is inconsistent. a couple of games we've thought "wow he's getting it" then the next game, out of position and clumsy.

but of the two issues off the field and on the field its the off the field that worries me more as it is affecting performances. lots of distractions, still. 

--

anyway to Mr Kilsby, who i think is from Leicester?, and any other trolls, lets do football sensibly please. Never been a place on here to ramp the banter up that much that it makes people uncomfortable reading it, as that post did

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 17, 2016, 05:29:03 PM »

Hardly a massive surprise a back 4 containing Danny Simpson huth Morgan and fuchs is regressing to the mean
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 17, 2016, 05:40:27 PM »

Hardly a massive surprise a back 4 containing Danny Simpson huth Morgan and fuchs is regressing to the mean

Simpson is underrated just as a nuts and bolts defender. Fuchs is fine too, and a real leader on and off the pitch. Will be replaced by Chilwell by next season as well who is going to be a good one

Morgan and Huth is a slightly different story. Morgan was a championship player who excelled last season with superb protection in front of him and in a very rigid tactical formation. This season the tactics are less consistent and obviously the protection is weaker, therefore a big drop off in form

Huth has been a brilliant signing but is nearer the end than not and with less stability next to him has also been exposed

the problems are in the middle not out wide though.   

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 17, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »

Might be a bit harsh on drinkwater but if he was the best player yr in more trouble than is obvious. Tbf. The problem was there was no one really more creative to give it to and he was overrun anyway. You take mahrez and Kante out of last year's team and it's bound to be tough tho.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 17, 2016, 06:04:23 PM »

Might be a bit harsh on drinkwater but if he was the best player yr in more trouble than is obvious. Tbf. The problem was there was no one really more creative to give it to and he was overrun anyway. You take mahrez and Kante out of last year's team and it's bound to be tough tho.

don't disagree. i think i have said on numerous occasions variations of can't play 2 in midfield away at the good teams with the current personel we have, and we keep doing it

then Mahrez is on the bench (at times his head has been in the clouds this year too), so is Slimani.

Musa is played and i gather looks a shadow of the player he looked at times in pre-season and wants to make the same runs as Vardy. so its all pretty one dimensional

if it means playing 3 in midfield and sacrificing something elsewhere then so be it.   

--
anyway, Copenhagen at home tomorrow night. all good for the next 48 hours whatever the result

My eyes are open wide
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 17, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »

I don't understand the hatred toward Leicester Dan. Pretty harsh.

This was always going to be the case. Which is why last season is all the more special

I think the hatred came from the sheer level of abuse I got (not on here at all btw) from Leicester fans last year. And the fact that up until 6 minths before Id never heard them mention Leicester, was all Top 4 fans that suddenly converted. So my facebook status etc is literally there to cause a reaction as is a little tongue in cheek.

Anyways point taken abit harsh on here.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 19, 2016, 10:19:57 AM »

So, how was your evening, Tighty? (The football part).

Good atmo? Fair result?

Is it true that EUFA insisted you play at "Leicester City Stadium", not King Power?

The rumours suggest the players all had a heart to heart on Sunday, any truth in that, & was it evident last night?

Palace next up, at home. No easy games, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 19, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »

So, how was your evening, Tighty? (The football part).

Good atmo? Fair result?

Is it true that EUFA insisted you play at "Leicester City Stadium", not King Power?

The rumours suggest the players all had a heart to heart on Sunday, any truth in that, & was it evident last night?

Palace next up, at home. No easy games, eh?

UEFA have a series of rules, pages of them

not allowed to display "King Power" anywhere so all the stadium signage needs to be changed, inside and out for each European game

not allowed to wear black armbands (death of king of Thailand)

etc etc

Schmeichel said the players called a squad meeting yes

The game itself, Copenhagen were stubborn opponents and we aren't really in great form but it was a steady enough performance

Obviously a very weak group, but only one win away from winning it

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 19, 2016, 10:28:16 AM »

so this happened

Click to see full-size image.

the home team is fined, even though its the way fans flaring.....

how they got them in when everyone is patted down before going in, don't know

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 19, 2016, 10:28:48 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide