blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338639 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: October 09, 2018, 06:03:10 PM »

Harvey Barnes getting recalled in January?

Stood out a mile in L1 last season and seems to be again at West Brom.

Agreed WBA's front line looks brutal at that level.  They are going to fire their way back into the big time.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: October 09, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »

He was recalled last year and got seven minutes of league play jan-may

Developing fast though and with our attacking options on the bench not as strong as we would like (Gray's injury doesn't help) he'll hopefully be back and getting more playing time. Looks likes he's ready

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: October 17, 2018, 10:07:45 AM »

The petition to make Margaret Thatcher the face of the £50 note has currently got 11,259 signatures. The petititon to get England and Leicester centre back Harry Maguire riding an inflatable unicorn on the £50 note has 15,807.

My eyes are open wide
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: October 17, 2018, 10:40:56 AM »

Not sure if you saw this yesterday Rich? Barnes looks a bit of a shot monster for a attacking mid/winger. https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1052159210258137088
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: October 17, 2018, 10:47:37 AM »

Not sure if you saw this yesterday Rich? Barnes looks a bit of a shot monster for a attacking mid/winger. https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1052159210258137088

He does, looking forward to seeing if he can step up into our first team whether from January or next season

With many of the title winning side now being eased out/end of contracts et,c Albrighton included soon, there will be an opportunity for him

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: October 23, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »

I thought we were excellent for 35 minutes last night playing at last the 3-5-2 with wing backs this thread has been asking for since the summer. Chilwell has moved to the next level, Maddison looks great ever game, Ihenacho getting a run of games is a menace too

Shame the (most of the time given) handball penalty wasn't awarded but of course Arsenal were that good second half that it might not have mattered anyway.

Rumblings that Puel is under pressure, which i go both ways on. Fundamentally i think he's a way along the process to converting us from counter-attacking to possession type style but its not that consistent yet, and part of the fan base (the loud part) have never warmed to him with language barriers and an understated style not particularly appealing to the short term thinking of many

Still as a option to losing to west ham at the weekend, 10/1 next to go isn't the worst in the world. there is a definitely a school of thought coming out via local media that a run of bad results would see him out  

If you think Mourinho rides it out, Puel isn't double the price of Mark Hughes to go next

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: October 23, 2018, 05:55:36 PM »

What's the usual away league allocation at Leicester?

I'm relocating with work to the area in mid December, and City just happen to be away at Leicester on Boxing Day which is ideal. I should be fine to get a ticket but it can be hard to gauge how popular a BD fixture can be (trains not running being a big factor for many)

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: October 23, 2018, 06:00:07 PM »

My eyes are open wide
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: October 23, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »

I thought we were excellent for 35 minutes last night playing at last the 3-5-2 with wing backs this thread has been asking for since the summer. Chilwell has moved to the next level, Maddison looks great ever game, Ihenacho getting a run of games is a menace too

Shame the (most of the time given) handball penalty wasn't awarded but of course Arsenal were that good second half that it might not have mattered anyway.

Rumblings that Puel is under pressure, which i go both ways on. Fundamentally i think he's a way along the process to converting us from counter-attacking to possession type style but its not that consistent yet, and part of the fan base (the loud part) have never warmed to him with language barriers and an understated style not particularly appealing to the short term thinking of many

Still as a option to losing to west ham at the weekend, 10/1 next to go isn't the worst in the world. there is a definitely a school of thought coming out via local media that a run of bad results would see him out  

If you think Mourinho rides it out, Puel isn't double the price of Mark Hughes to go next

I only saw the first half, but thought Leicester looked very lively up top, just needed to make the most of the chances/possession
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: October 23, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »

Re. the "penalty": My gut feeling at the time was that the Leicester player(Ihenacho?) behind Holding nudged his arm towards the ball - as that arm definitely made an unnatural movement towards the ball when the two players were in mid-air - maybe that's what the ref thought too.

I've seen the replay several times since and am still not certain.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: October 24, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »

you might be right. one of those where you are disappointed its not given for you but thems the breaks

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 24, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »

So funny watching schmeichels bamboozlement at times..haha..it's behind you

sola virtus nobilitat
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 24, 2018, 11:54:57 AM »

Genuine question regards Schmeichel. Is his position under threat? I appreciate he was immense in the title winning season and that buys a lot of patience but, from a casual observer's perspective, his performances seem to have been below par for a while now. I don't see huge rafts of mistakes but I also don't see many saves that aren't routine for most keepers. Just strikes me that he doesn't often get talked about in the same way that some other members of the title winning team who are being transitioned out, yet he doesn't seem to be at the same level as previously demonstrated.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 24, 2018, 12:13:06 PM »

Genuine question regards Schmeichel. Is his position under threat? I appreciate he was immense in the title winning season and that buys a lot of patience but, from a casual observer's perspective, his performances seem to have been below par for a while now. I don't see huge rafts of mistakes but I also don't see many saves that aren't routine for most keepers. Just strikes me that he doesn't often get talked about in the same way that some other members of the title winning team who are being transitioned out, yet he doesn't seem to be at the same level as previously demonstrated.

oh. i thought he had an excellent world cup and has been good so far this season and largely excellent even after we on the title when some other performances fell off. He never downed tools when Ranieri was under pressure

Genuine leader in the dressing room

weaknesses around distribution compared to the really top guys which didn't really matter when we were counter-attacking and he could punt it quickly to the other half for Vardy to do his stuff but trickier when the opposition is pressing you high and you are trying to play through them

I don't sense any pressure at all, nor have i noticed many clangers or a drop off in general.

We even bought Ward for £12m (an odd one, pretty sure we could have got a good number two for a lot less money) and he's no challenge either.

My eyes are open wide
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: October 24, 2018, 09:35:07 PM »

Fair play. As I say, I'm only a casual Leicester observer so could be off base. I've no doubt you are spot on regards his leadership though.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: