blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:05:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate my shares
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate my shares  (Read 56631 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2017, 04:56:56 PM »

Thanks Rich.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2017, 03:57:50 PM »

Spreadex another option Keith, they offer sports and Fin markets.

https://financials.spreadex.com/en-GB

Click to see full-size image.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »

crypto?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2017, 08:40:59 PM »

Spreadex another option Keith, they offer sports and Fin markets.

https://financials.spreadex.com/en-GB

Click to see full-size image.

I've got Spreadex, but I've only ever used it for sports.

Do they quote individual stocks?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2017, 08:22:32 AM »

I've got Spreadex, but I've only ever used it for sports.

Me too.

Do they quote individual stocks?

Loads. FTSE 100, 250, AIM plus others as well as shares from the US and 13 European markets.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2017, 03:48:05 AM »

Keep meaning to drop in for an update, so the ARM takeover will be completed by September and my SIPP account will be funded with the cash equivalent of £17 a share. I decided to sell half my holding last month, on the basis that the takeover might not happen, and that if that was the case it would give me the opportunity to buy in for a lower price. As things stand, I expect the takeover to proceed smoothly with no hitches.

Whilst ARM is a notable investment success for me, I am at pains to stress that I do not consider myself a good stock picker. Some of the profits I have made down the years have as much been down to luck rather than judgement. At present I have a strategy of putting 80% of my funds for SIPPs/ISA's into the hands of capable fund managers. Stocks I currently hold are Just Eat, Dixons, NCC Group, Purplebricks and Metro Bank.

Two funds I bought post Brexit are Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust and Fundsmith, both of which have increased over 10% since the fateful day so I am happy with that. More importantly both these funds have a record of providing solid returns over the longer term and are well respected in the financial world. I also like investing in technology shares and have parked some cash with the Allianz Technology Trust.

Before I go here's a few investment ideas for a Tikay style fund Smiley.

Lafarge Holcim - Concrete Solutions company - Listed in Paris and Zurich
Bombadier - Train Manufacturer - Listed in Toronto
Kier Group - Property and Construction - London
Hornby  PLC Smiley -  Model Railways -  AIM - London

Ok I got bored after 4 companies, perhaps it's the subject material Wink.  

I thnk Metro Bank could be a  nice long term hold.  I don't know a great deal about shares but as a challenger bank they are pretty decent in the Mortgage market.  They are changing lots of things slowly and they are positive changes so far.  If they become bolder and relax some of their rules they could be a big player in the market soon and that is likely to give them more exposure. 

Looks like a complete bag of bollocks to me.  A loss making bank at a huge premium to net assets.  Talks about a powerful AMAZE culture in the half year results.  Sounds impressive?  Nope, not to me either.

Shares and investments aren't really my game I have a few small investments just for fun and Metro was one that interested me before I played a few quid when I suggested on here they could be a reasonable long term hold just based on my own opinion and on what I seen as a reasonable challenger. 

It seems to have ticked along nicely since then, I am not going to claim this as a win just yet but I am bullish about the future. 
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »

Keep meaning to drop in for an update, so the ARM takeover will be completed by September and my SIPP account will be funded with the cash equivalent of £17 a share. I decided to sell half my holding last month, on the basis that the takeover might not happen, and that if that was the case it would give me the opportunity to buy in for a lower price. As things stand, I expect the takeover to proceed smoothly with no hitches.

Whilst ARM is a notable investment success for me, I am at pains to stress that I do not consider myself a good stock picker. Some of the profits I have made down the years have as much been down to luck rather than judgement. At present I have a strategy of putting 80% of my funds for SIPPs/ISA's into the hands of capable fund managers. Stocks I currently hold are Just Eat, Dixons, NCC Group, Purplebricks and Metro Bank.

Two funds I bought post Brexit are Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust and Fundsmith, both of which have increased over 10% since the fateful day so I am happy with that. More importantly both these funds have a record of providing solid returns over the longer term and are well respected in the financial world. I also like investing in technology shares and have parked some cash with the Allianz Technology Trust.

Before I go here's a few investment ideas for a Tikay style fund Smiley.

Lafarge Holcim - Concrete Solutions company - Listed in Paris and Zurich
Bombadier - Train Manufacturer - Listed in Toronto
Kier Group - Property and Construction - London
Hornby  PLC Smiley -  Model Railways -  AIM - London

Ok I got bored after 4 companies, perhaps it's the subject material Wink.  

I thnk Metro Bank could be a  nice long term hold.  I don't know a great deal about shares but as a challenger bank they are pretty decent in the Mortgage market.  They are changing lots of things slowly and they are positive changes so far.  If they become bolder and relax some of their rules they could be a big player in the market soon and that is likely to give them more exposure. 

Looks like a complete bag of bollocks to me.  A loss making bank at a huge premium to net assets.  Talks about a powerful AMAZE culture in the half year results.  Sounds impressive?  Nope, not to me either.

Shares and investments aren't really my game I have a few small investments just for fun and Metro was one that interested me before I played a few quid when I suggested on here they could be a reasonable long term hold just based on my own opinion and on what I seen as a reasonable challenger. 

It seems to have ticked along nicely since then, I am not going to claim this as a win just yet but I am bullish about the future. 

If you compare the performance of Metro Bank versus its peers (ie other UK banks) since flotation it has easily outperformed. I believe it is now turning a profit, and I personally am sitting on a 78% profit in just over 1 year. I think it's time to sell up with this stock and watch from the sidelines.

With regards to shorting individual stocks you can do this via CFDs  or Spread Betting index companies.

Interesting to see Cryptocurrency has also come up on the radar. I am doing lots of research into these at present but think in general the whole space is overheating and due a huge correction. Some crypto's have shown a return of several hundred percent this year alone, that is not sustainable. The classic fear and greed scenario is panning out I suspect. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:59 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46874367

Turns out Nirvana is the greatest investor on Blonde.  Down a big today, but still not crashed and burned.

Crypto and Metrobank turned out to be a bag of bollocks after all.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:15 AM »

Turns out Nirvana is the greatest investor on Blonde.  Down a big today, but still not crashed and burned.

Haha. Some of the others didn't do so well. Still have all my boohoo but probs shoulda sold when they were hitting 2.50 ish a while back but got greedy

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2019, 10:36:38 AM »

Haha. Some of the others didn't do so well. Still have all my boohoo but probs shoulda sold when they were hitting 2.50 ish a while back but got greedy

If only the above were true for me; my recent experience is summarised as "some of the others didn't do so well"  too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »

Never thought rate my shares would get above the crypto thread again, that says a lot about Bitcoin. It's been a pretty brutal few months on the markets, but still would rather be in stocks losing 20% over a short period of time than in something like ETH and nursing 90% losses with no sign of a recovery.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2019, 10:43:37 PM »

Never thought rate my shares would get above the crypto thread again, that says a lot about Bitcoin. It's been a pretty brutal few months on the markets, but still would rather be in stocks losing 20% over a short period of time than in something like ETH and nursing 90% losses with no sign of a recovery.

I was about 15% up on the year until it all went tits up in the latter part of last year. Now I’m scared to even look at it until the dust settles  Shocked
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2020, 12:06:34 PM »

Wondering what price to jump in and buy Rolls-Royce shares. Current price is a touch over 2.49. I think if this drops to 2.00 i might have a dabble.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: