blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 670920 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: July 30, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »

Sean Spicer cut a sad figure yesterday when he returned to the White House to pick up a few things (his dignity not being one of them).

Click to see full-size image.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 30, 2017, 04:13:16 PM »

John

I was reading that the next phase of the presidency was a huge fall out between the GOP in congress and Trump. after all he can't do anything as it is, so what has he got to lose. sound plausible?

by the by,i can get 18-1 on a trumpimpeachment in 2018. interesting?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 31, 2017, 03:56:44 AM »

John

I was reading that the next phase of the presidency was a huge fall out between the GOP in congress and Trump. after all he can't do anything as it is, so what has he got to lose. sound plausible?

by the by,i can get 18-1 on a trumpimpeachment in 2018. interesting?

A breakdown in relations between Trump and the GOP in Congress seems very plausible, likely even. To his mind, they haven't delivered, and don't appear capable of doing so in the future, so they have let him down. If promises haven't been kept, he needs someone to blame, so that he can say he tried, but it was those damned Senators and Representatives who stopped things happening. From the other side, Ryan and McConnell are said to be more frustrated than ever with the President's behaviour and unpredictability. Also, he bumped Ryan's tax reforms down the priority list.

I would still think that we are far from impeachment. You don't get impeached for poor decision-making, bad management, undermining the dignity of the office or making the country a laughing stock. Despite the chaos and the rumours, he hasn't done anything yet that can really be demonstrated to be financially or personally scandalous. Okay he has, but not enough to be kicked out. If it happens, it will most likely be for abuse of power, his ego pushing things too far for the legislators, who will declare a "constitutional crisis". The current possibilities that could cause that are sacking Sessions or Muller, though other issues will come up.

I have always said that, if it happens, it won't be til after the mid-terms in Nov 18, as they won't want an impeachment undermining Republican candidates. Although his name isn't on the paper, the mid-terms are usually a vote on the President's performance, and prospects for GOP candidates have deteriorated as Trump has floundered, to the extent the the House majority is under threat. If that continues (which it almost certainly will) and their seats are threatened, support for Trump amongst Representatives may evaporate entirely. The Senate is in a very different position, though, as only 8 of the 33 seats up are Republican, and only one of them is in danger. In fact, the Republicans are likely to win several seats from the Democrats.

I still think it is more likely to go past the mid-terms before it comes to a head, but would be less confident on it than before. The Party's representation in the White House has almost been wiped out, with six senior staff from the GOP leaving or being booted out, Priebus and Spicer being only the the most recent and highest profile. Also, the treatment of Sessions is being taken really badly. The old dinosaur wasn't the most popular Senator, but he was one of their own, and he gave up his long-held Senate seat to serve the President. There has been talk of a recess appointment of a new Attorney General, but Senators have dug in and said they will prevent it, which they are able to do. See Lindsey Graham's interview below as evidence that senior Republican Senators are now prepared to stand up properly against the President - "If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay. Any effort to go after Muller could be the beginning of the end for the Trump Presidency."

18/1 seems a very hefty price. Though I would say it is more likely not to happen, I don't think it is as remore a possibility as that.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:59:44 AM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 31, 2017, 07:48:39 AM »

This was the best interview of the week. It's a bit long, but Scaramucci is so entertaining. I could watch him all day. It's like Joey Tribbiani got older and more intelligent.

"I couldn't hear you cos I was trying to talk over you."

“I called him last night and I said to him, the reason you were let go was because someone above my rank — I’m not going to say who — said that you needed to be let go and you weren’t being let go."

"What happened to being straight?" "I'm being straight. I'm straightly not answering your question."

All the references to Ed Koch are because the interviewer, Chris Cuomo, is the son of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo, who was at loggerheads with Koch thoughout his career (his brother is the current Governor).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:58:47 AM by MintTrav » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2134 on: July 31, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »

There is something about the Mooch that I like - with Spicer and other members of the Trump circle it was frustrating watching them earnestly lying to our face, whereas with the Mooch, he knows that we know that he knows what he says is bullshit because that's just the nature of the game.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 31, 2017, 07:40:39 PM »

Scaramucci fired after ten days, and minus one marriage

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 31, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »

Dammit, I liked his style from the limited amount I saw of him, thought he would be good entertainment.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 31, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »

Dammit, I liked his style from the limited amount I saw of him, thought he would be good entertainment.

I have a great deal of admiration for any man who claims he can cuck his own sock.

I guess we'll never know for sure now..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2138 on: July 31, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »

There is something about the Mooch that I like - with Spicer and other members of the Trump circle it was frustrating watching them earnestly lying to our face, whereas with the Mooch, he knows that we know that he knows what he says is bullshit because that's just the nature of the game.

I'm such a bok - if any Arsenal fans want me to say something nice about Arsene Wenger it can be arranged for a small fee.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 31, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »

Nobody can be more entertaining than Donald, that's for sure Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: July 31, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »

Nooooooh!
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 31, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »

Unless there was a major blow-up or incident, my guess would be that Kelly gave Trump a 'him or me' ultimatum.

But that's totally a guess - who knows what goes on in this Administration.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 01, 2017, 07:40:30 AM »

He was taken from us too soon, when he still had so much to give. There was no need for satire with Scaramucci, when the real thing was a cartoon character, but Mario Cantone emerged last week as his double. These clips aren't that funny, and the Trump and Pence characters are just passable, but Cantone absolutely nails The Mooch. SNL poached him after these came out and the potential future sketches, with better scripts and more believable other characters, were juicy. Now they will never be made.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 01, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »

Scaramucchi, Scaramucchi, will you do the Fandango Trumperbolt & firing, very, very fright'ning. Spare us our lives from this monstrosity...

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: August 01, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »

seems apt

My eyes are open wide