blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:29:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 671976 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: August 29, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 30, 2017, 07:42:50 AM »

James Mattis, who used to be a General, gave a short off-the-cuff speech to some soldiers in Jordan the other day, which included a request to "hold the line until our country gets back to understanding and respecting each other", which is being portrayed as another slight on Trump by one of his own top guys. I don't really think it was, but I'm gonna post this anyway just to show what an inspirational leader he is, able to connect with the troops on their terms and make them feel that he understands their situation, as well as showing up well at Senate hearings etc. Trump has made some questionable appointments, but I doubt he could have made a better choice of Defence Secretary.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: September 02, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »

The White House has taken decisive action to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has declared a National Day of Prayer to be observed this Sunday in memory of those who died or suffered losses. The President was accompanied by VP Pence and sixteen religious leaders. The Day of Prayer is for everyone affected by the hurricane, which was reflected in the range of religious leaders present, who represented every belief from Baptist to Evangelical to er Baptist.

Hurricanes don't discriminate, and neither does this White House. No matter what kind of Baptist you are, this day is for you.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2223 on: September 02, 2017, 11:31:43 AM »

The White House has taken decisive action to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has declared a National Day of Prayer to be observed this Sunday in memory of those who died or suffered losses. The President was accompanied by VP Pence and sixteen religious leaders. The Day of Prayer is for everyone affected by the hurricane, which was reflected in the range of religious leaders present, who represented every belief from Baptist to Evangelical to er Baptist.

Hurricanes don't discriminate, and neither does this White House. No matter what kind of Baptist you are, this day is for you.

Those prayers, and $1.50 will get those affected by the hurricane a cup of coffee.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 02, 2017, 08:32:08 PM »

He what Huh?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348990-report-trump-starts-plans-to-withdraw-from-south-korea-free-trade

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: September 05, 2017, 01:58:54 AM »

The Trump Administration has been having an ongoing diplomatic tit-for-tat with Moscow for a while and on Thursday it ordered the closure of the Russian Consulate in San Francisco, with the building to be cleared by Saturday, when it would be searched. The decision was made directly by the President.

Are these missions full of spies up to no good, or does most of their activity just involve helping tourists from their country who have lost their passports and so on? Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova explained how the closure will just affect ordinary Americans and Russians getting visas, consular services, etc.

In unrelated news, the Consulate decided that Friday was the ideal day to get the fire going, despite San Francisco being in the middle of a fearsome heatwave. Friday was actually the hottest day ever recorded there, reaching 106°F. There was so much smoke that the Fire Department was called, only to be turned away at the Consulate, where the staff said they were just having a fire in the fireplace. Maria was on hand again to explain that the fire was just part of preserving the building. "Measures are being taken to preserve the building, which may include shutting the windows, pulling down curtains, turning off the lights, draining water, locking the doors, throwing away garbage, switching off the heaters… and much more." So there you are - nothing suspicious at all going on.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 02:02:05 AM by MintTrav » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: September 05, 2017, 02:12:33 AM »

The gift that keeps on giving Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: September 05, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »

From FDR to Donald Trump – the decline of the American empire

http://www.newstatesman.com/world/north-america/2017/09/fdr-donald-trump-decline-american-empire

My eyes are open wide
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: September 05, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »

That is a great article Tighty, thank you.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: September 05, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »

Agreed.

Really excellent article.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: September 05, 2017, 05:43:29 PM »

Read a few of them while I was getting my infusion this afternoon.

Very interesting stuff, and so comical what's going on over there.

Like Homer Simpson is running the gaff Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: September 07, 2017, 02:57:10 PM »

Sure seems real...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:03:20 PM by Marky147 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: September 08, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »

In the pantheon of visual metaphors for America today, this is the money shot.

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: September 08, 2017, 05:39:58 PM »

In the pantheon of visual metaphors for America today, this is the money shot.

What a superb photo.

Wouldn't want to be close enough to take it, mind.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: September 08, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »

Yup, amazing image. Taken, apparently, in Oregon. I did wonder if Mr Photoshop had gotten involved though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: