blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:58:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 671305 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: November 06, 2018, 02:06:51 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/27/this-guy-doesnt-know-anything-the-inside-story-of-trumps-shambolic-transition-team

This is very good.   It is an extract of Michael Lewis's latest book covering the early days of the Trump presidency.  It includes some interesting stuff about the workings (or not workings in this case) of the US Government.

Michael Lewis wrote Moneyball, The Big Short and Liar's poker. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 06, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/27/this-guy-doesnt-know-anything-the-inside-story-of-trumps-shambolic-transition-team

This is very good.   It is an extract of Michael Lewis's latest book covering the early days of the Trump presidency.  It includes some interesting stuff about the workings (or not workings in this case) of the US Government.

That will be on my Christmas list , fascinating stuff , thanks Doobs
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: November 06, 2018, 09:36:48 PM »

Going to order it this week.   I must have been asleep, as I was unaware of the book until today.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: November 07, 2018, 10:31:50 AM »

Despite dying in October, brothel-owner and reality TV star Dennis Hof just won his election to the Nevada state assembly

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/north-america/2018/11/nevada-voters-elect-dead-brothel-owner-dennis-hof-state-assembly

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: November 07, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »

Based on that extract Doobs linked to, I went & purchased that book.

Have to say, considering how much it cost, (I could only find it in hardback), it is a very slim tome indeed, less than 200 pages of widely spaced text, & I was able read over half of it in a 1 hour session last night. 

Some jaw-dropping stuff in it, for sure, but not up to the standard of Liars Poker or especially The Big Short, or not IMO. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2930 on: November 07, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »

The Democrats win the house of representatives, the Republicans win the Senate.

What does that mean, was it a draw, which win has more value?

The older I get, the better I was.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2931 on: November 07, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »

The Democrats win the house of representatives, the Republicans win the Senate.

What does that mean, was it a draw, which win has more value?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: November 07, 2018, 01:25:55 PM »

Among House D probes:
- Immigration/family separation
- Whether Trump violated emoluments
- whether WH improperly used security clearances
- why Trump admin not defending ACA in court
- areas not explored by Mueller, including potential money laundering

House Democrats are ready to unleash the full force of their oversight powers on the Trump administration, a political liability for the President that will come from a newly divided government in Washington.

Now in the majority, Democrats are prepared to force Cabinet secretaries to testify, request President Donald Trump's tax returns and scrutinize some of the Trump's most controversial policy decisions that got little more than an eye-roll or harsh statement from Trump's fellow Republicans on Capitol Hill.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/investigations-house-democrats/index.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: November 07, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »

This is very good.   It is an extract of Michael Lewis's latest book covering the early days of the Trump presidency.  It includes some interesting stuff about the workings (or not workings in this case) of the US Government.

Have to say, considering how much it cost, (I could only find it in hardback), it is a very slim tome indeed, less than 200 pages of widely spaced text, & I was able read over half of it in a 1 hour session last night.  

Some jaw-dropping stuff in it, for sure, but not up to the standard of Liars Poker or especially The Big Short, or not IMO.  

Might cross it off my list now , although the article was a brilliant read and showed how Trump just shoots from the hip.

When you have finished with the book I will give you 5 Cypriot pounds for it  Wink
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:54:42 PM by bookiebasher » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: November 07, 2018, 02:24:36 PM »

This is very good.   It is an extract of Michael Lewis's latest book covering the early days of the Trump presidency.  It includes some interesting stuff about the workings (or not workings in this case) of the US Government.

Might cross it off my list now , although the article was a brilliant read and showed how Trump just shoots from the hip.

When you have finished with the book I will give you 5 Cypriot pounds for it  Wink

I will gazump him with half a million Turkish Lira.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: November 07, 2018, 08:13:52 PM »

Way he talks to people, lol.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2936 on: November 08, 2018, 07:35:48 AM »

This reporter has now had his White House pass suspended for "Putting his hands on a young woman".

His actual offence was asking a difficult question.

Trump has no shame. It saddens me to think that half the people in a civilised country support him.

BBC News - White House suspends credentials for CNN's Jim Acosta
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46133268

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: November 08, 2018, 07:39:04 AM »

This reporter has now had his White House pass suspended for "Putting his hands on a young woman".

His actual offence was asking a difficult question.

Trump has no shame. It saddens me to think that half the people in a civilised country support him.

BBC News - White House suspends credentials for CNN's Jim Acosta
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46133268

I watched the whole thing "Live", agog, but that Reporter never "put his hands on" the girl - she marched up all huffy & tried to snatch the microphone from him.

It seems to me that CNN's Jim Acosta is a) bright b) brave & c) well able to handle himself in this spat, & that the Trump administration will come off worse.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:41:02 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: November 08, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »

in today's world if the young lady in question has accused him of "putting hands on her" then they have to take it seriously and investigate and that will include taking away his access.

Now i'm 99% sure its Trump but I think this is a great move really as he can play off against the #meetoo in that he has done something against someone, anyone questions it and he can throw back in their face.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: November 08, 2018, 10:12:42 AM »

Way he talks to people, lol.

It is, but it seems the only way.

If you listen, they ask him a question and seconds into his answer they start talking again. Let the man finish and he will hang himself.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: