blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:18:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668888 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2016, 12:59:55 AM »

Is it streamed online anywhere

Here's a couple of live feeds, but there are plenty of others.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0C5JuWLHUfk

http://abcnews.go.com/Live/video/special-live-1-14476486

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 20, 2016, 03:25:43 AM »

Forgot to check back, because I got CNN going in the office.

Trump winning on the bridle, lol.

Bernie needs a 12% swing after 25%, so hopefully he gets it.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 20, 2016, 04:14:06 AM »

Again surely if Sanders wins nomination we get Trump as president?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 20, 2016, 08:51:24 AM »

Wow - 60%.

It is worse for Cruz than feared, looking like he will only get about 15% to Kasich's 25%. Back in the first vote in Iowa, Cruz tried to appeal to the locals by disparaging Trump's "New York values" which, understandably, didn't go down well in New York and the phrase has been thrown back at him numerous times in the last fortnight, no doubt contributing to the disintegration of his support.

Karl Rove predicted that Trump could get 90 of the 95 delegates, and he could well be right, with the rest going to Kasich and none for Cruz. Kasich is winning in Manhattan, Trump's backyard, and should pick up a couple of others, but it's essentially a clean sweep.

Clinton's likely 60/40 win is being portrayed as a huge victory, but it is unlikely to translate into a big difference in delegates, maybe a difference of 30 in the 247 pledged delegates. This is because winning a six-delegate District 55/45 tends to result in an even 3/3 delegate split. You need to be hitting 60% to get the fourth one. Clinton is getting 60% in most of New York City, but is in the low 50%+ in a lot of the upstate Districts.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:56:08 AM by MintTrav » Logged
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2016, 09:47:14 AM »

Is Hillary far enough ahead to start looking at November rather than at Bernie?

Will she go more for the centre or is she a safe win in Nov by just watching the GOP explode?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 20, 2016, 02:00:58 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 20, 2016, 02:49:54 PM »

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:52:03 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
cheesies

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 23, 2016, 08:07:35 AM »

Every poll shows Sanders beating Trump if they are the nominees I believe. I think Trump is very very unlikely to be president whoever the democrat nominee is tbh.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 23, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »

Every poll shows Sanders beating Trump if they are the nominees I believe. I think Trump is very very unlikely to be president whoever the democrat nominee is tbh.

For the safety of everyone in the world lets hope he doesnt

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2016, 01:57:32 AM »

Is Hillary far enough ahead to start looking at November rather than at Bernie?

For quite a time, the extended contest with Sanders seemed to be to Clinton's benefit. It kept her in the public eye, being seen to be performing well against a tough opponent. It also helped to sharpen the candidate and the team, keeping them match-fit ahead of the upcoming contest against the Republican challenge and improving performance by practicing and refining their responses to the tough questions.

Now, however, the contest has dragged on too long for her and the team is anxious to finish it and move on to concentrate on the 'real' contest. Sanders has been scoring too well against her recently, undermining her position and exposing opportunities for the Republicans to aim at.

The delegates she has already banked should be enough for her to secure the nomination in the next week. This article describes how her support has been deteriorating and she is now only two points ahead of Sanders nationally. From a high starting position, she is now a weak candidate with near record low support figures, but is extremely lucky (and the GOP is extremely unlucky) that she is likely to be up against Trump, who has the worst support figures of any general election candidate ever, or Cruz, possibly the only other candidate she would beat.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/hillary-clinton-won-new-york-but-her-image-is-under-water-20160420-goaxvw.html

With the nomination almost secured, though, as the campaigns head through Pennsylvania, she has been turning her attention to Trump, attacking his remarks on Muslims, immigrants and women. Of course, looking past Sanders helps to get the impression out there that her nomination is a done deal.

Will she go more for the centre or is she a safe win in Nov by just watching the GOP explode?

As you know, the Democratic Party members are considerably more liberal and the Republican Party members considerably more conservative than the general population so, to get through both stages, candidates tend to drift towards either extreme during the nomination process and back towards the centre for the General Election. The problem is you end up causing yourself difficulties by committing to positions that you don't believe in and that come back to haunt you for ever as you struggle to explain your irreconcilable positions.

Hillary has been dragged way outside her natural position during this process to counteract Sanders. She has to move back to the centre, which is where she will feel more comfortable anyway.

Hillary catching up with an old friend at Nancy Reagan's funeral.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:59:13 AM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 25, 2016, 02:08:43 AM »

For the first time in history, more voters on both sides are saying that they are voting against the other candidate rather than for their own:

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 25, 2016, 02:41:27 AM »

Trump ad aimed at Clinton, which just demonstrates why he is unsuitable to be President:

And the Clinton camp's response:

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 25, 2016, 02:46:23 AM »

It's like it isn't even real.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2016, 08:11:56 AM »

Pretty funny to be fair 
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2016, 10:33:34 AM »

Jesus, that's literally a campaign of 'vote for us, because we are not quite as stupid as the other candidate'

Suddenly Cameron and Corbyn don't seem so bad when you look at what the Yanks are having to choose between.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: