blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 665012 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: March 21, 2020, 04:36:21 PM »

Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is one of the world's leading experts on infectious diseases, but Trump knows better and contradicts him.

Reporter asks if a particular drug could be used for coronavirus.
World Expert: "No, the answer is No."
President: "I'm probably more of a fan of that than anybody."

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 21, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »

Saw that clip yesterday, and it's amazing.

That said, I've watched today and thought it was much better. Certainly though Don was quite good, given he's obviously not quite up with all the medical stuff.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: March 22, 2020, 09:52:44 AM »

So Trump is on the telly every day, telling us what he is doing to fight this, introducing doctors and scientists and whatnot, sometimes screwing up in a Trump-like way, but generally looking Presidential. The party leaderships are holding a series of meetings, led by Pelosi and Schumer on one side and McConnell and McCarthy on the other, and seem to be getting close to agreeing a deal on tackling this. Various Senators are popping up here and there, making proposals or working on various things. Who have we not seen? Joe Biden.

Biden has scarcely been heard from in the week since his low-tech home movie ‘speech’ after the most recent Primaries, and it’s hurting him. Trump gets to parade himself as a wartime leader every day, alternating between looking good and reverting to type, but overall his ratings are climbing steadily. Meanwhile, Joe is at home. Sanders is refusing to drop out, so Biden is stuck in limbo, unable to turn to the Presidential election, but also without the publicity of the Primaries - no debates, no interviews, no town halls and no victory speeches. However, he should at least be giving a commentary, contributing ideas and pointing out Trump’s errors. It’s not like Trump hasn’t given opportunities. Biden’s absence also means a downturn in donations to a campaign that has always been short of cash.

Joe is trapped at home, while his closest team is scattered, mostly in Washington, Delaware and campaign headquarters in Philadelphia, but other places too, including Puerto Rico, where the next vote has just been cancelled. He doesn’t have good quality tech at home and hasn’t been able to organise it. Apparently it will be in place on Monday and we’re going to hear from him then, but surely he should have been more visible this last week. There is a possibility that the election will be decided on Trump’s coronavirus performance, irrespective of what Biden does, and Donald is more capable than anyone of making himself look very good or making a complete mess of it, but hoping to get in by default isn’t a position any campaign wants to be in.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 22, 2020, 10:10:53 AM »

Axios reported during the week that Sanders was ‘assessing his campaign’, usually code for an upcoming suspension, and everyone jumped on it. It turned out that all they were doing was suspending their Facebook campaign and they put out a statement saying that the Axios report was wrong and they were carrying on. Reporters wouldn’t leave it at that, though, and kept asking about it,

Meanwhile, Sanders has been in DC, using the lull in the campaigns to work on the coronavirus. A surprising amount of what Trump’s team did this week originated from Bernie. There has been a weird kind of bridge between the very progressive Democrats and the populist Republicans, with the moderates being left a few steps behind.

Anyway, CNN asked Bernie again about his Presidential campaign being suspended and he went off on one - “I’m dealing with a fucking global crisis....and you’re asking me these questions.”

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: March 22, 2020, 04:12:53 PM »

Feel the Bern!!

Don't fuck with Bernie Grin

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: March 23, 2020, 11:53:30 AM »

He can’t help himself, celebrating about Romney, then tries to take it back.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: March 23, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »

Where Is Joe Biden?

Joe is desperate to communicate with the American public. Unfortunately, the technology doesn’t exist to enable him to do so.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: March 23, 2020, 10:41:27 PM »

#PresidentCuomo

Click to see full-size image.

In contrast to Biden's absence and Trump's childishness, the response of Andrew Cuomo (the Governor of New York State) has been impressing with his straightforward daily press conferences (and long interviews on CNN). His pressers are fact-filled, without glitz and accompanied by informative but basic Powerpoint presentations. A push is building for him to be installed as the Democratic candidate, centred on #PresidentCuomo, but reflected throughout all sides of the media.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomos-coronavirus-tv-briefings-may-have-biden-sanders-worried

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/22/politics/andrew-cuomo-press-conferences/index.html

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/presidentcuomo-trends-as-governors-star-status-rises-over-coronavirus-response/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/coronavirus-crisis-cuomo-trump-show-leadership-contrast-n1166066
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:43:11 PM by MintTrav » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: March 23, 2020, 11:35:30 PM »

Today’s press conference , the Donald spoke for a couple of minutes
about the Fed cutting rates and I quote “ Wall Street going to be very happy”

Then he left without taking questions .

I can’t quite put my finger on it precisely but he is not normal.

Tens of thousands if not millions of US citizens are going to die and all
he thinks about is Wall Street.

I keep thinking someone is going to take a pop at him soon.

Unfortunately the travel ban has kicked in for me to partake.

You'll enjoy this, Jim.

https://twitter.com/peter_mcgahan/status/1241814447196442625
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:40:18 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: March 25, 2020, 05:02:02 AM »

From Twitter Grin

Click to see full-size image.

'Dr Fauci has found a new lifesaving mask'

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: March 25, 2020, 08:32:55 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52029546

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: March 25, 2020, 08:36:55 AM »

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/489340-poll-trump-lands-50-percent-approval-for-first-time-in-two

It’s staggering that his approval rating has actually gone up . WTF !

He reads his notes worse than an 8 year old with learning difficulties.

Shows no empathy at all and worries more about the economy and the
Dow Jones index than the health of the nation.

Big battle coming up next week when the 15 day plan ends .

Fauci and Trump  on collision course over next steps.

I prey Fauci has the balls to stand up to him and do it in public  Grin
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: March 25, 2020, 08:41:20 AM »

Cuomo by the way is handling this far better.

Watched his last 3 daily press briefings and they are really really good.

Factual , passionate , to the point .

Might start betting on him being president one day. 
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: March 26, 2020, 02:18:48 AM »

What is going on with Biden?

Have seen a few videos where he comes across as spaced-out, slow, not with it. Not able to string anything but the most basic sentences together. Dunno how much he is always like this.

Trump would wipe the floor with him in a debate imo
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: March 26, 2020, 02:45:24 AM »

I've seen a few short clips where they've just shown him being a bit slow, but from MT's write up the other week, I know he has always had those problems.

Then when they play whole clips, he's fine, and just has the odd moments. Don't doubt he'll have a rough go of it with the donald, though.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: