blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:47:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 665079 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: February 26, 2020, 08:04:18 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8045425/Joe-Biden-says-150-MILLION-Americans-died-gun-violence-2007-latest-gaffe.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/joe-biden-nelson-mandela-arrest-south-africa-prison-apartheid-south-carolina-debate-a9359596.html

If Warren or any other candidate for that matter had said the insane things Biden has said recently their
campaign would have been over.

Also Trump is going to keep banging on about  Biden's son Hunter and Burisma in any heads up battle.

He's old school , Hilary Clinton was old school , surely democrats must realise the way to beat Trump is
on progressive policies which means Bernie or Warren.

I'm not sure this is the right analysis - Obama was youngish but about as old school as you can get and it wasn't so long ago he won an election. Pretty confident he would have beaten Trump too. Clinton didn't lose because she wasn't progressive enough imo. Biden is too old and too irrelevant rather than being too old school in outlook.

I'd be more amazed if Sanders won in the US than if Corbyn or Foot had won here..even against Trump.

They could do with an old school democrat with a decent record, decent character, some depth, younger than Biden, older than Mayor Pete - deffo think more Bill and Barrack than Joe or Bernie and Liz from the left.

Obvs just an opinion and it's going to be fascinating to see how this all plays out

To compare Obama to Clinton and Biden  is a bit of a stretch .  The way Obama came across to the
American and world population  is far superior to anything  Clinton and Biden could achieve .

He had  and still does have real charisma , regardless of whether you think his policies were
old school and not progressive .

Trump won because he was supposedly anti establishment . Obviously that was all bollocks.

To beat him you need someone who’s going to shake things up , like he promised , “ drain the
swamp”.

In my opinion , a boring centrist approach to beating a moron like Trump won’t exactly excite
democrats to go out and vote and going out to vote is key , as Hilary found out .

You may well be right. Only 8 months or so to find out :-)

Yes Obama is head and shoulders above the current candidates, but it isn't because he wanted to drain swamps or pursue left policies - ie old school dem politics is fine, it's the presenter they can't find. Not sure Obama could be elected if he pursued the politics of the Squad for example.

sola virtus nobilitat
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: February 26, 2020, 08:08:00 PM »

Agree a Bill or Barack would have a better chance but they have one ingredient
the moderates don’t have , charisma and  character .

Biden and Pete come across dull as dishwater , not exactly firing up your base .

At least with Bernie and Warren you get the feeling of passion and genuine
enthusiasm of wanting real change .

Obviously that’s how they come across to me anyway .
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: February 26, 2020, 08:19:12 PM »

I wonder if Obama could be elected if he said this .....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/23/trump_i_could_stand_in_the_middle_of_fifth_avenue_and_shoot_somebody_and_i_wouldnt_lose_any_voters.html

Grin
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: February 28, 2020, 07:08:19 AM »

Farming and factory work, by Mike Bloomberg.

“I could teach anybody to be a farmer” isn’t really a vote-winner in some areas.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: February 28, 2020, 09:30:08 AM »

Great news that the House is able to take time from education, immigration, the economy, healthcare, Coronavirus and the many other pressing issues to pass an anti-lynching bill similar to Kamala’s one in the Senate, finally equipping the nation to deal with the epidemic of lynchings that has been sweeping the country.

Next week, outlawing stagecoach robberies and affirming women’s right to vote.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/26/809705702/it-s-about-time-house-approves-historic-bill-making-lynching-a-federal-crime?t=1582881380613
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:33:18 AM by MintTrav » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 28, 2020, 12:29:27 PM »

Farming and factory work, by Mike Bloomberg.

“I could teach anybody to be a farmer” isn’t really a vote-winner in some areas.

Is he a plant, to make the Donald look smart?

Cheesy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 28, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »

Great news that the House is able to take time from education, immigration, the economy, healthcare, Coronavirus and the many other pressing issues to pass an anti-lynching bill similar to Kamala’s one in the Senate, finally equipping the nation to deal with the epidemic of lynchings that has been sweeping the country.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/26/809705702/it-s-about-time-house-approves-historic-bill-making-lynching-a-federal-crime?t=1582881380613

Amazing really. Don't suppose you know the rationale for the 4 people who voted against it ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 28, 2020, 02:55:51 PM »

Amazing really. Don't suppose you know the rationale for the 4 people who voted against it ?

They'd have no use for the pillowcases that have holes in them.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: February 28, 2020, 04:15:34 PM »

Two of them suggested it's an over reach of Federal government - basicallly how dare the Federal government tell the States how racist they can or can't be Cheesy

One said he voted against it because the 10 year prison sentence was trivially low; but he's been generally condemned for voting against.

I couldn't find the reason behind the fourth one.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: February 28, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »

Two of them suggested it's an over reach of Federal government - basicallly how dare the Federal government tell the States how racist they can or can't be Cheesy

One said he voted against it because the 10 year prison sentence was trivially low; but he's been generally condemned for voting against.

I couldn't find the reason behind the fourth one.

Amazing Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: February 29, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »

I see Trump has stated at a recent rally that the Coronavirus is actually a hoax, a liberal conspiracy to undermine his first term.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 03, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »

Big day today. Looking forward to seeing the results tomorrow

sola virtus nobilitat
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: March 03, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »

I'm not   scared
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: March 03, 2020, 02:50:18 PM »

If Biden wins the nomination I have a money making idea.

I will set up a Tipping Line and put up selections and then those that subscribe do the complete
opposite of what I do.

What could possibly go wrong.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: March 03, 2020, 04:20:36 PM »

I'm not   scared

Ah yes. You've got a bit more riding on the outcome compared with my academic interest 😊

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: