blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:56:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668358 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »

Trump's campaign has been caught out including fake border crossings in its advertising.

It suggests that it shows people crossing from Mexico to the US.

It turns out that the footage actually shows Moroccans crossing to a Spanish enclave.

Not that it will make any difference. The electorate clearly doesn't care what he is like.

Trump's ad:

The Moroccan border crossing:

http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/emergenza-lampedusa-2010/melilla-l-assalto-di-centinaia-di-migranti-alle-frontiere-spagnole/164553/163043?ref=search&refresh_ce
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2016, 11:56:35 AM »

Final results Trump 34,531 (45.91%) Rubio 17,940 (23.85%) Cruz 16,079 ((21.38%) Carson 3,619 (4.81%) Kasich 2,709 (3.6%) #Nevadacaucus

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2016, 04:15:45 AM »

Impartial poll staff working on the Nevada count.

Click to see full-size image.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2016, 04:06:23 AM »

The GOP debates have gradually degenerated, as Cruz and Rubio have been forced to sink almost to Trump's level. He blusters and insults and talks about making America great again and a few other empty cliches, but avoids discussing specific policies. The others can scarcely believe that it is working, and now have no option other than taking him on on his terms.

In previous years, debates have got very heated and very personal at times and serious allegations have been thrown around. Here's a couple of moments from the past where it looked like someone was ready to lay out the other guy:

Even though there has been genuine anger at times in previous years, they still appeared professional and, so far as I know, they didn't go to the level of name-calling. On Thursday, the Republicans held their final debate before Super Tuesday, and the great sophisticated debaters were reduced to rolling around on the floor taking wild swings at each other. Lindsey Graham made a speech yesterday, after the debate, and said "My party's gone batshit crazy.............How did I lose to these guys?" It's not hard to see what he means:

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »

Mint thanks for updates.  Is there any in depth coverage in UK over the next week or so?  I'm off work so interested in watching.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2016, 09:00:41 PM »

Do any of you who are interested in the USA election watch " Real time with Bill Maher ". He is heavily biased towards the Democrats but it is very entertaining.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2016, 10:44:05 PM »

Mint thanks for updates.  Is there any in depth coverage in UK over the next week or so?  I'm off work so interested in watching.

You picked a good week to be off, possibly the most important week of all.

There's no shortage of information sources. The BBC site, for example, will bring you up to scratch if you are light on background http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/us2016.

To really feel what's happening, though, I think you have to look at US sources. A key word or two on Google will turn up as much news as you want. I tend to surf randomly depending on what catches my eye, though I'm sure there are better approaches.  If you want to watch live, all the networks are available, eg http://abcnews.go.com/Live. I don't watch much live as it can be slow-moving compared with hopping around.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2016, 11:33:42 PM »

While we're looking at clips of old debates, here's everyone's favourite zinger - Lloyd Bentsen bitch-slapping Dan Quayle in the 1988 VP Debate. Quayle was almost the same age as JFK was when he ran for President in 1960 and had some similarity in appearance to the Kennedys. He had taken to comparing himself to JFK in speeches. Bentsen buried him.

If you're aged more than 40/45, you've probably seen that one before. But did you know that Reagan reworked it and brought the house down at the 1992 Republican Convention? The Governor he is referring to is Bill Clinton, who was on his way to depriving Bush Senior of a second term. Gotta love Reagan, wherever you stand on his politics.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 29, 2016, 02:19:31 AM »

Vicente Fox, former President of Mexico, isn't sitting on the fence when it comes to the wall:

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 29, 2016, 11:39:31 AM »

Great choice of week to view. After TheDonald clean sweeps tomorrow and crushes cruz and rubio your going to see lots and lots of faces with the dawning realisations that Donald J Trump is going to be the President of the United States of America 2016. There's going to be a lot of weeping and mewling from the left and the right over it, which will be delicious to observe.

The Clinton corner will roll out all the smearing they can think of over the next few months, the last card they can play before realising that a contest between Trump and Hilary is actually no contest at all.

#TRUMP2016

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 29, 2016, 11:42:14 AM »

This series of videos, pretty hilarious :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDkxJu8WiE4
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:49:11 AM by Pinchop73 » Logged

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 29, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »

Great choice of week to view. After TheDonald clean sweeps tomorrow and crushes cruz and rubio your going to see lots and lots of faces with the dawning realisations that Donald J Trump is going to be the President of the United States of America 2016. There's going to be a lot of weeping and mewling from the left and the right over it, which will be delicious to observe.

The Clinton corner will roll out all the smearing they can think of over the next few months, the last card they can play before realising that a contest between Trump and Hilary is actually no contest at all.

#TRUMP2016

Not sure if actually serious? 
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2016, 12:23:37 PM »

Not sure if actually serious? 

For what reason would I not be serious?

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2016, 01:02:29 PM »

Vicente Fox, former President of Mexico, isn't sitting on the fence when it comes to the wall

"We won't build a wall"...says the ex Mexican president who facilitated the massive drug trafficking by the cartels whilst he was in power.

Nice one

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/02/28/mexican-ex-president-who-cursed-trumps-wall-ignored-cartels-while-in-office/

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 29, 2016, 03:57:44 PM »

In a world where the potential for instability is significantly increased (whether it's Putin's Russia, North Korea or ISIS as three obvious examples) I wouldn't want a character like Trump anywhere near power.

He is at best a loose cannon.

Forgetting all other aspects of policy, the thought of him in power for this reason alone is genuinely worrying.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: