blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664706 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2016, 04:00:38 PM »

This series of videos, pretty hilarious :p

fyp

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24:17 PM »

Cheers REDsimon, I've spotted what you did now :p

The 'highlights' from the debate.

Marco Rubio is one hateful person. He's imo a little rat
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:28:29 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2016, 12:42:16 AM »

john oliver on trump

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2016, 02:13:24 AM »

It's the biggest day of the campaign - Super Tuesday. 

Click to see full-size image.

There are no winner-take-all States, but most of them have 10%, 15% or 20% thresholds, below which candidates don't receive any delegates, usually measured by district, but sometimes State-wide. Hitting 50% usually means a mega-bonus of delegates.  If you are really interested in the detail, here is a boring guide to the detail of how it works, State-by-State: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/super-tuesday-preview-republican-presidential-election-2016/

Trump is ahead in almost all of the Super Tuesday States. The other candidates will still pick up delegates, but he will get wins, and the momentum could help propel him to further wins in the winner-take-all States coming up. Since Thursday's debate, the campaign has continued at the lowest common denominator, with both Rubio and Cruz adopting new basic (indeed questionable) anti-Trump tactics. They scarcely seem to be attacking each other at all now. It is more important for them to restrict Trump's lead than to worry about who gets those votes. Rubio has made a succession of Trump-style speeches belittling Trump's appearance and personality (which he had said he would never do). Cruz has said that Trump's reluctance to release his tax returns may be because he has extensive dealings with the Mafia.

Rubio and Cruz gaze lovingly into each other's eyes after working together to double-team Trump.

Cruz has to win Texas or he is cooked. He is ahead, though Trump is doing well and Rubio is also making in-roads. This is Bush country, and Rubio is collecting most of Jeb!'s supporters and some Bush donors have already switched to him. Texas has a large number of delegates, but they are shared, which isn't good for Cruz. He had hoped for 50%, but now he will settle for winning the State. He also had his eye on a bunch of other Southern States, but many evangelical believers are now indicating that they will vote for Trump.

Rubio and Kasich will also be expected to win their home States, but they are later in March. For now, Rubio badly needs a win. Anywhere would do, but there isn't an obvious one before Florida on 15 Mar. At least Florida is winner-take-all, so that will help. The latest poll shows that Trump has overtaken him by a distance even in Florida, which would be really wounding to lose. It could be the case that there is no State Rubio can win, though repeated strong second and third places could keep him in the race collecting delegates. He is very close to the 20% barrier in several States, so a key point to watch out for tomorrow is whether he is getting past it, as his delegate count will flounder if he doesn't.

Kasich is aiming at Michigan on 9 Mar and his home State of Ohio on 15 Mar, both of which are winner-take-all with a lot of delegates. Kasich says his plan is on course, but he was disappointed not to get Christie's endorsement and has admitted he will drop out if he doesn't win Ohio, though he won't have much choice.

Carson's team has already indicated that he will drop out after Super Tuesday.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2016, 08:23:04 AM »

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2016, 02:10:26 PM »

It seems that Sanders declined an offer of endorsement by former Minnesota Governor Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, thereby losing an opportunity to lock up the key demograhic of this election, the wrestling vote.

http://kstp.com/politics/jesse-ventura-supports-bernie-sanders-donald-trump/4062341/
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2016, 03:52:42 PM »

Some "insights" from Phil Hellmuth Jr Smiley

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13474668/5/the-champion-poker-player-rsquo-s-guide-to-defeating-donald-trump.html

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2016, 06:46:17 PM »

"He's no ordinary con man. He's way above average — and the American political system is his easiest mark ever"

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224

My eyes are open wide
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2016, 10:54:10 PM »

Nice article, thanks for posting.

"It's a few minutes after that when a woman in the crowd shouts that Ted Cruz is a pussy. She will later tell a journalist she supports Trump because his balls are the size of "watermelons," while his opponents' balls are more like "grapes" or "raisins."

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2016, 12:10:58 AM »

Talk of a contested Convention is increasing. It's possible that Trump could collect the most delegates, but not enough to win. If that happens, the delegates are no longer tied to the outcome from their State and can vote how they wish, so the party tears itself apart until there is a winner. Getting to that point would be bad for Trump and it would be hard to see him winning, even if he had the lead going in. The same could be said for Cruz, probably even more so. Apparently, Rubio's campaign manager briefed donors last week that that is where they now see their path to victory - http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/25/politics/rubio-republican-convention/index.html

The delegates wouldn't even have to settle on one of the current candidates. They have the option of redirecting their votes to anyone. Rick Perry mentioned the possibility of a brokered Convention last week and declined to rule himself out as a compromise candidate, which caused a few headlines. A candidate who has already been rejected by the voters in the early primaries would be in a horribly weak position against Clinton, though. The delegates would be better to pick someone who hadn't been running. Mitt Romney almost joined the race last year and has been stirring things up in the last couple of weeks. How the party hierarchy would love to get him or, even better, Paul Ryan on the ticket. It's still a very long shot - Rubio would be the most likely nominee if it got that far (or maybe Kasich if he was still in the race).
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 02, 2016, 01:11:06 AM »

Cenk Uygur reckons that, now they have finally started to attack, the Republican establishment can still take Trump down.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2016, 02:00:58 AM »

Shock exit polls show Vermont too close to call between Kasich and Trump.

Kasich gave a lot of time to Vermont, visiting three times, and picked up all the local endorsements, but this still wasn't expected.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2016, 08:56:43 AM »

Loving the updates and insight Mint. Thank you.

A must read every day.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 02, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »

Agree - thanks Mint.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »

Trump's unfavourability rating (-58) is worse than Nixon's after Watergate.

he wins the GOP nomination and then what? gets crushed by hillary who wins almost all the black, hispanic, liberal vote so that the GOP appears completely marginalised?

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: