blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664783 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2016, 11:21:03 AM »

"Virginia GOP primary turnout in 2012: 265,570.
Estimate in 2016: 1,025,000.
(From Edison Media Research)"

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »

Trump's unfavourability rating (-58) is worse than Nixon's after Watergate.

So just slightly more unfavourable than darling Hillary?

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »

Hillary's cut & paste speech was depressing. Just the same speech every other robot has given for the last thirty years - long on clichés, zero on specifics. If you just read it, you couldn't tell whether it had been given by Romney, Bush, McCain or Bill.

Despite the headlines, it wasn't a bad night for Sanders. Four States is good enough to keep his head above water, so he has achieved his first objective of surviving Super Tuesday. If he gets through the rest of March, he has a shot. And he now has a lot of money to spend.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »

If you get Sanders surely u get Trump as President?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »

Trump's unfavourability rating (-58) is worse than Nixon's after Watergate.

So just slightly more unfavourable than darling Hillary?

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating

If we ignore the favourability ratings there is still hope for Jeremy Corbyn (-51 at the last count).

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »

Massachusetts is a state where independent voters can cast a ballot in the primary of any party. Therefore you could easily expect all Trump haters to go out of their way to vote for another candidate.

It is interesting to note that Trump took Massachusetts with 49%. His nearest rival was Kasich at 18%

Hillary scraped it, with a 0.4% edge on Sanders. It's quite well known that a significant amount of Bernie voters have said they would point blank refuse to go with Hillary in the Presidential election if she were to win the nomination.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2016, 03:22:53 PM »

It suprises me, the negativity towards Trump from poker players. If any presidential candidate is looking forward to giving Sheldon Addelson the middle finger once President, it's Donald J Trump. Removing Addelson from US Politics will be a huge net benefit to the poker community the world over.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »

It suprises me, the negativity towards Trump from poker players. If any presidential candidate is looking forward to giving Sheldon Addelson the middle finger once President, it's Donald J Trump. Removing Addelson from US Politics will be a huge net benefit to the poker community the world over.

lol

Pros: Might be slightly better for online poker
Cons: Biggest buffoon of all time gets most powerful world role.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2016, 03:31:41 PM »

Having a fully-loaded loose blunderbuss in charge would be one hell of a price to pay, however if it meant that all those yankee PLO players would be back playing with us you may have a point.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »

Why should it surprise you that people put other things above poker?  Seems very narrow minded to just look at what is best for poker, and ignore all the deeply unpleasant stuff he has said.   Even if you can ignore all that, then where is the evidence that he will give Adelson the middle finger?  And even if any evidence existed, Trump is so incinsistent that there is no certainty he will follow through anything he has promised.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »

It makes me sad to think that such a large percentage of the population of a so called civilised country would support such an openly racist, bigoted candidate.

A man blessed with Trump's advantages in life could do so much good too. He's despicable.

IMO of course.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »

MintTrav obviously the most knowledgeable on all things US, so guess this is for him Smiley

From the outside, and with very limited knowledge of the US, and it's politicians.

Obama has always seemed to be the most stable/balanced president in my short lifetime, but a fair few Americans that seem to make the most noise talk about him being the worst president ever.

Would I be mistaken in thinking that probably means that he has actually been very good, and it's just the loons spouting?

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2016, 04:55:44 PM »

The idea of voting for Trump because it might be good for online poker is just beyond belief.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2016, 05:33:28 PM »

MintTrav obviously the most knowledgeable on all things US, so guess this is for him Smiley

From the outside, and with very limited knowledge of the US, and it's politicians.

Obama has always seemed to be the most stable/balanced president in my short lifetime, but a fair few Americans that seem to make the most noise talk about him being the worst president ever.

Would I be mistaken in thinking that probably means that he has actually been very good, and it's just the loons spouting?

How would you describe a President who starts office with a National debt of $9 trillion, and is about to leave office with a national debt of $20 trillion?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2016, 06:29:12 PM »

How would you describe a President who starts office with a National debt of $9 trillion, and is about to leave office with a national debt of $20 trillion?

I'd describe him as man who was President during a period when the national debt increased. If I was balanced I might also list some accomplishments

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: