blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:57:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 669097 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 26, 2016, 02:23:54 PM »

The Sanders supporters are proving to be a bit of a problem at the Convention, booing whenever Hillary's name is mentioned. Bernie himself tried to control them at his pre-meeting and in his Convention speech, but they're not listening, even to him. The Clintonites are trying to drown them out with cheering, but it's a mess and it looks like this is going to continue throughout. Gratuitously insulting them from the platform, as Michelle Obama and others have done, ain't gonna help.

Would you say the booing was worse last night than at the RNC?

Of course most of the booing was at the Republican old Guard at the RNC, here it was at the presumptive nominee.

It depends on what we mean by 'worse'. I thought the GOP booing was just during the Cruz speech, plus the chaos on Day 1. Was there more that I missed? The Cruz booing was louder and more vicious, probably because the recipient was standing in front of them, and kind of goading them. But it was a one-off - most Trump-haters stayed away. The Dem booing is more sustained and could have a worse effect on the Convention.

Overall, it was a very good night for the Democrats. There was a succession of speakers from Hispanic backgrounds whose parents or themselves had been immigrants, some undocumented, a few of whom were now in Congress. There was a kid who was worried her family would be deported, with footage of Hillary telling her that she would do the worrying for her. There was a bunch of assorted politicians and several Presidents of various trade and teaching organisations (I didn't watch them). There was a disabled woman who had been to the White House as a kid and told how Hillary didn't leave it at that,  but kept in touch and helped her at various stages of her life - helping her get into mainstream education, then higher education and employment. She probably helped Hillary's image more than any of her heavyweight endorsements.

The big names included Michelle Obama, Cory Booker, Joe Kennedy, Elizabeth Warren and Sanders, and they were all incredibly good. Michelle can roll out an emotional, motivational, personal speech in her sleep by now. Having so many big-hitters just on Day 1, with so many more still to come, seemed a huge contrast to last week. The Republicans probably don't have as many household names, so having several likely headliners stay at home made it seem like they had to put out the second string at times, whereas this was star-time in comparison.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:52:08 PM by MintTrav » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 26, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »

The Sanders supporters are proving to be a bit of a problem at the Convention, booing whenever Hillary's name is mentioned. Bernie himself tried to control them at his pre-meeting and in his Convention speech, but they're not listening, even to him. The Clintonites are trying to drown them out with cheering, but it's a mess and it looks like this is going to continue throughout. Gratuitously insulting them from the platform, as Michelle Obama and others have done, ain't gonna help.

Would you say the booing was worse last night than at the RNC?

Of course most of the booing was at the Republican old Guard at the RNC, here it was at the presumptive nominee.

It depends on what we mean by 'worse'. I thought the GOP booing was just during the Cruz speech, plus the chaos on Day 1. Was there more that I missed? The Cruz booing was louder and more vicious, probably because the recipient was standing in front of them, and kind of goading them. But it was a one-off - most Trump-haters stayed away. The Dem booing is more sustained and could have a worse effect on the Convention.

Overall, it was a very good night for the Democrats. There was a succession of speakers from Hispanic backgrounds whose parents or themselves had been immigrants, some undocumented, a few of whom were now in Congress. There was a kid who was worried her family would be deported, with footage of Hillary telling her that she would do the worrying for her. There was a bunch of assorted politicians and several Presidents of various trade and teaching organisations (I didn't watch them). There was a disabled woman who had been to the White House as a kid and told how Hillary didn't leave it at that,  but kept in touch and helped her at various stages of her life - helping her get into mainstream education, then higher education and employment. She probably helped Hillary's image more than any of her heavyweight endorsements.

The big names included Michelle Obama, Cory Booker, Joe Kennedy, Elizabeth Warren and Sanders, and they were all incredibly good. Michelle can roll out an emotional, motivational, personal speech in her sleep by now. Having so many big-hitters just on Day 1, with so many more still to come, seemed a huge contrast to last week. The Republicans probably don't have as many household names, so having several likely headliners stay at home made it seem like they had to put out the second string at times, whereas this was star-time in comparison.

I saw Eva Longoria's, and Michelle Obama's, which where both very good.

I read an article saying that Trump having to wheel out his family to big him up, showed just how weak his support is.

Hopefully it is only a very small minority of Bernie supporters that actually don't vote for Hilary.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 26, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »

Hopefully it is only a very small minority of Bernie supporters that actually don't vote for Hilary.

I think Michael Moore made a good point in the piece linked by Tighty.  The majority of Sanders supporters will hold their nose and vote for Hillary in the end - the difference is that they won't be spending their time until then encouraging their family and everyone else to do the same.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 26, 2016, 05:07:37 PM »

I think Michael Moore made a good point in the piece linked by Tighty.  The majority of Sanders supporters will hold their nose and vote for Hillary in the end - the difference is that they won't be spending their time until then encouraging their family and everyone else to do the same.

We'll just have to live in hope, as I think it will be like something from a Tarantino movie if Trump wins.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 26, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »

Clinton fund raising email this week

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2016, 01:17:14 AM »

Picture of the sticker please Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 27, 2016, 01:21:45 AM »

Shit that sounds desperate, reckon Trump will win if that's what they are resorting to...
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 27, 2016, 08:58:23 PM »

Watched the last Trump presser, and if it's possible, I think I'm even dumber for listening to him rattle on for 60 minutes...

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 28, 2016, 09:21:59 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 28, 2016, 09:23:06 AM »

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 28, 2016, 09:25:33 AM »

Donald Trump Has Turned the Republicans Into the Party of Russia

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/trump-russia/493298/

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 28, 2016, 09:32:35 PM »

love this video doing the rounds on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/omgcheckthis/videos/842986365831253/

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 30, 2016, 09:25:14 AM »

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 30, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: July 30, 2016, 10:57:27 AM »

Reminds me of a song by Simon and Garfunkel.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: